Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-05-2023, 05:54 AM   #961  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,203 Likes on 1,832 Posts

Morning,
Shirl I ordered some Ziczm on Amazon. They have a large and small size.

Kathy, I got my pressure tool on Amazon. Works nicely even for using wood stamps. Takes the pressure off my arthritis hands.

Reminder, no challenge this week, we start round 20 next week!!

Off to finally eat breakfast, don't know what I am hungry for yet! Have a good day all!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
mcschmidty (12-08-2023), shirlb19 (12-05-2023)
Old 12-05-2023, 06:23 AM   #962  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,773 Likes on 1,605 Posts

Happy Tuesday!
Very gray out, chilly and damp.
I have been entertaining two friends from the old homestead, met both through church long ago. Mary is the one who introduced me to Zentangle. The three of us used to meet most every Thursday to do projects at my house. So yesterday morning at 10 am, just like always, we did a little Zen. A very little as we had lots to talk about. I miss them. Mary is a widow, her husband died of Covid in early 2022 and Beth is contemplating a divorce. She's scared to death (older than I am) and I totally understand. She'll be fine, she just doesn't know it yet. She's very resourceful and if I can manage, so can she. Same situation as mine, except her husband doesn't drink any more. But he has never done much recovery work, is very taciturn, not very tactful and loving and she is tired of living that way. A dry drunk, as we call it. She'd be better off economically to stay married but she is tired of how hard she has to work to have a relationship. I know her husband and I certainly couldn't be married to him. He has been helpful to me with all my moves but it would be like living with a rock. Life is too short to live that way. She might still back out but she's been talking about this for a long time, has asked him to work on things but he doesn't. He says he'll change, he doesn't know how. He won't go for counseling.
Mary and Beth are heading home today. We have done some shopping, some good eating, gone to see the Rotary Lights in Riverside Park along the river. It's quite an incredible light display, no charge but they take donations. The best part is to drive across the river and look at it from a distance, reflecting in the river. I am trying to be a good navigator but I'm still learning how to get around. We had trouble finding the entrance to the park, turns out they changed how to get in and I didn't know that. I've gone before but maybe not last year. Thank goodness Liz knows what's going on. My friends and I went to a favorite coffee shop, I texted Liz that we were there, since her office is very close, and all of a sudden, she walked in with Mirren. I didn't realize how late it was in the afternoon and Mirren was done with school. That was a nice surprise. They hadn't seen Mirren since she was a baby.
So that's what I'm up to. Thinking of everyone as they recover from illnesses. I've heard of Zicam, have to keep a mental note to check that out. Melody, I'd love to taste your apple creations. Gracie, I'm sure you're anxious for 12/15 to come so you can get back to walking and living life the way you want.
I am going to go back to SE WI on December 15 for a few days. I miss my son, he's so busy, I can't wait for him to come to me. i'll see some other friends, try to fit in as many as possible, but can't see everyone. I'll try to not let some people know that I'm in town if I can't see them. So stressful. I dont' want to hurt anyone but it's almost Christmas and I want to get back here. I need to start calling it 'home'.
PS I ordered reachers from Amazon. I didn't have a choice in what washer/dryer they bought for me. If I had been in town, maybe I would have gone with them to look.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
JRHolbrook (12-08-2023), mcschmidty (12-08-2023), shirlb19 (12-05-2023)
Old 12-05-2023, 06:32 AM   #963  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jean, so sorry I should have given you advice on ordering reachers from Amazon! I have got four of them on the first floor and two upstairs and gave son one for the basement! There is a big difference in the ease of the way the handles move. The ones with small suction cups on the bottom work fthe best for me, and then I have a set that is just grips on the bottom and they hurt my hands and don't grip things as nicely!

I really like having them for the washer and if things are too far in the back of the dryer. So one is always hanging in the laundry room.

For the dogs they are wonderful to pick up all of their toys, and bones!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jkanack (12-06-2023), mcschmidty (12-08-2023), shirlb19 (12-05-2023)
Old 12-05-2023, 08:22 AM   #964  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,307 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Good morning, everyone! It has been hectic...of course, it has, it is December after all. DH's birthday is this Friday but he already got his gift during Black Friday shopping. DD2 is better and back at work. She doesn't give the Zicam any credit for helping with that but DD1 sure does.

Shirl, I got them at Walmart. Here is a link to the specific one both girls had: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Zicam-Col...sRedirect=true

DD1 was well enough to be able to sing in Isaac's senior recital. They sang Con te partiro (you might know it, Andrea Bocelli has sung it) and I am thankful for technology so that I could hear it. Beautiful! I'm not really a fan of tenor voices but Isaac has a wonderful, rich tenor voice.

Gracie, I hope they know about the time release pain management stuff.

Shirl, belated happy anniversary!

I like using almond milk as my substitute in recipes, it has more thickness to it than something like rice milk. But, as I say, if the recipe needs to thicken, you'll probably need to add something to make that happen. Honestly, sometimes when a recipe calls for milk, it can be substituted with water. I usually use water when making corn bread and we all like the taste just fine.

All this talk of reachers makes me smile. Thankfully, that isn't something I've needed. Not that I can reach everything, I definitely have cabinets that are too high for me to reach. DD2 used a Dollar Store reacher to get extra credit on a test in high school. The teacher always told the students that if they could get their pencil to stick in the ceiling, he would give them extra credit. He had some rules - you could only try once, your feet had to stay on the floor, I don't remember what they all were. DD2's loophole finding brain immediately thought of a reacher and being able to do it that way. She had him verify his rules for this multiple times - including just before she did it. After that, there was one more rule added! She was so proud of that. I don't think she needed the extra credit, she just wanted to do it! We all (including the teacher) got a laugh out of that.

Melody, procrastinate long enough on the apples and you won't have to do anything with them! LOL That is a lot of work. I hope you have something to make peeling them quicker and easier.

Jan, kumquats is something I've never really developed a taste for. My brother would love freshly made marmalade.

DD1 doesn't like the taste of zinc lozenges either but these she liked and really thought they helped her. I'm sure that I've gotten some zinc lozenges somewhere that didn't taste bad but I can't find them again.

Kathy, I made my own pressure tool but think I need to re-work it. I used a ball from the end of a curtain rod that was being gotten rid of and attached a furniture slider to the bottom. But the kind of furniture slider I used isn't quite the right kind. The curtain rod ball is pretty and a wonderful size to hold onto.

I'll have to look at the video you shared later as my alarm just went off to finish getting ready and off to work I go! Chat with you later!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (12-06-2023), mcschmidty (12-13-2023), shirlb19 (12-05-2023)
Old 12-05-2023, 08:54 AM   #965  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,927 Likes on 2,193 Posts

I made my tool yesterday. I didn't have enough beads to fill the lid but enough to make it look pretty.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 19 Chat 6-7 thru 11-29-2023-img_20231205_122829090%7E2.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 19 Chat 6-7 thru 11-29-2023-img_20231205_122843475%7E2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (12-06-2023), jkanack (12-06-2023), JRHolbrook (12-08-2023), mcschmidty (12-08-2023), shirlb19 (12-05-2023), smadson (12-05-2023)
Old 12-05-2023, 09:36 AM   #966  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,120 Likes on 969 Posts

Haha, Catherine. Yes, procrastinating does have its benefits. I do have one of those peeler/corer/slicer tools, but these apples are very irregular shaped, so I can't use that. I did buy a new hand peeler that has a really comfy handle.

I'm guessing if you had one of those old antique telephone insulators, that would also work for that burnishing tool if you didn't have a candle topper.

This afternoon DH is going to drop me off at the library, so I can return books and pick out some new ones. He's going to go over to the Y to swim for about a half hour and then come back for me. So if I get done before he gets back, I'll just sit and start reading one of the books.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (12-06-2023), mcschmidty (12-08-2023), shirlb19 (12-06-2023), smadson (12-05-2023)
Old 12-05-2023, 03:47 PM   #967  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,718 Likes on 650 Posts

Have always loved the library, Melody!

Sharon we got your very pretty card today. Love your design!!

Yesterday we had so much rain we did not go out, but today it was dry thank goodness and we got out for a walk and to mail cards and temp got up to almost 13C which in your neck of the woods is 55.4 google says.

Jan I love marmalade but don't buy it all that often. Now it will be in my mind to pick some up!

Catherine, thanks for the zinc link (I rhymed, lol). Now I will know what to look for.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by shirlb19:
annsforte3 (12-06-2023), jan31 (12-06-2023), JRHolbrook (12-08-2023), mcschmidty (12-08-2023), smadson (12-05-2023)
Old 12-05-2023, 03:59 PM   #968  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

When I went to the library, I dropped off some crocheted snowflake ornaments and crocheted bookmarks at the desk for the workers and volunteers. The lady seemed very appreciative. I don't know how many employees and volunteers there are, but I think I took 50 snowflakes. I only had about 10 bookmarks, but hopefully, they will go to some who will find them useful. I need to make some more. I mostly worked on the bookmarks when I was watching Brewers baseball this past summer. The snowflakes I take with me whenever I know I will be sitting for awhile - family gatherings, or if I have to wait for DH at an appointment, which in the last couple of years was a lot of time.

I was going to make some applesauce raisin cookies today, but that didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (12-06-2023), JRHolbrook (12-08-2023), mcschmidty (12-08-2023), shirlb19 (12-06-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 07:40 AM   #969  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Wednesday! Well I saw the sun, sort of, could see the color in the east for the sunrise but it is gone, gone and gone now. Rats. Might have to get one of those SAD lights. My brother has been using his for a while. It is warming up, maybe break a record today.
My friends left for their homes yesterday about 130. We did a little more Zen, went downtown again to a store I thought they'd like, then to Bean Juice for lunch and coffee and the candy store next door. The owner is a character, said she remembered me but I've never been in there, even after all these years. I bought some cranberries dipped in dark chocolate, some salt water taffy and some black licorice pastilles. I would like to say that the restaurant food here in LaCrosse is particularly good.
Last night my youngest granddaughter texted me, wanting to know if I wanted to go with them to see the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train. I've always wanted to see it, I think the closest place at my former home would be where Melody lives. The Amtrak station is just a couple of miles from my house. I've wanted the girls to see it but it always arrives in LaCrosse at about 830, last stop for the night. It was fun, crowded, free cookies and hot chocolate or coffee, entertainment. There is a car where the side can be lowered for a stage. They do about five stops a night. The entertainers are from Canada, I think. All they ask for this is a food donation to Hunger Task Force. It was a mild night so perfect for this and now the girls are old enough to not need to be in bed at 8 pm.
Happy St. Nick to those who observe. I used to do it for my kids because my daughter has a December birthday and I wanted to spread the wealth.
How nice of you, Melody. I need to get back to the main library, only been there a couple of times so far.
I have always wondered about those apple peelers, good to know it only works are symmetrical apples. It was kind of funny when I was with my sister in law. We made that apple pie I mentioned. I peel the apples with a veggie peeler, she used a knife. I cut the apple into fourths and then slice off the core. She cores them with a coring tool. She was very fascinated about how I did it. My brother cores an apple every day for lunch, leaves the core on the counter and I would eat the apple left on the core. So wasteful. I can be a real scrounge sometimes.
Kathy, that tool looks great. I just use my hand and sleeve of my sweatshirt but I get it if that is painful. In the summer, when I don't have long sleeves, then I used a cloth and my hand.
Catherine, glad your daughter had enough voice to be part of the recital.
Ann, I'll let you know how the reachers I ordered work. They weren't expensive so if I need something different, no big deal.
Just did my final card for ABC19. I found it amusing that so many of us did all white, even if we don't like it, because for the other colors, we didn't only use one color. I always feel like there is something missing on an all white card, at least the ones I make. I appreciate others' skills.
See ya on the flip side.
Shirl, also a belated happy anniversary from me.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (12-06-2023), mcschmidty (12-08-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 08:25 AM   #970  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We are cooling down today, I think rain is in our forecast. I'll be interested to see if chain check is going when I head to work.

DD2 has taken a wrong turn in getting well and has gotten worse! She woke up with a sore throat yesterday morning and hardly had any voice last night. I don't know how she is today as she left for work before I got up. Just praying she is better!

Jean, I ran out of time yesterday but was going to comment that if I were your friend, Beth, I'd be afraid too! I understand being tired of walking on eggshells though. Does she have children who might help her? That is a big change.

Kathy, your pressure tool is so pretty! I really need to modify the one I made. I like it but I need to add a firmer base for the pressure part.

Melody, I love the idea of an old fashioned insulator for a pressure tool. That would be fun. And I love that you dropped off bookmarks and snowflakes to the library staff. I love those crocheted snowflakes. I have some that my mom crocheted on my tree.

Shirl, when I went to Walmart, they had another gummy version of the Zicam that had elderberry in it as well. I think I'll get that for DD2 next.

Jean, funny you should mention that about a SAD light because DD2 seems to have the reverse version of that. When it gets sunny all the time around here, she gets depressed. Personally, I like the variety of weather so when I lived in southern California, I got tired of day after day of smoggy sunshine. Was it more sunny in MF? (Chickened out on trying to spell the M part of that name without referencing something!)

There goes my alarm so will chat with you later!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (12-06-2023), JRHolbrook (12-08-2023), mcschmidty (12-08-2023), shirlb19 (12-06-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 09:38 AM   #971  
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody that is so neat that you make all those snowflakes and bookmarks and give them out to people!

Ha Jean, the challenge for zinc oxide does say all white card. But I agree about what you said with the other colors we did, lol.......Good thinking!

Sorry to hear that bug has returned to your dd2, Catherine!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by shirlb19:
annsforte3 (12-06-2023), JRHolbrook (12-08-2023), mcschmidty (12-08-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 10:28 AM   #972  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh man, Catherine, no good for your daughter...and she's at work. Hmmmm, hope she feels better soon.
Did it say all white, Shirl? Well I'll be, I thought I just did it because others said they were going to. If I only had a brain...
Catherine, this is Beth's second marriage. She and her first husband adopted a boy years ago and, before I met her, Paul killed himself. He was in his early 20's. I dearly love Beth and care about her husband but, just between you and me, I don't think Beth would be the easiest person to live with. She is a perfectionist. She is very kind, considerate, so much help to me. Wish I could be a help to her.
I recall you saying that your second daughter liked cloudy days. I'm hoping I forget how to spell Menomonee Falls and maybe someday forget my long addresses. I've had five different ones in my lifetime. One of these days, I'm going to use one accidentally.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
Old 12-06-2023, 12:21 PM   #973  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Hello ladies just a quick hello while I have free WIFI, we’re on the boat and up to now it’s been a smooth crossing, our friend who we were meeting in Portsmouth got lost, missed his turning! Eventually forty minutes after he said eight minutes he arrived, we sat in the lounge on the boat and we heard his name called, he’d left the car headlights on haha, he’d already gone to bed so he had to get dressed and go down to the car deck, we will be off first tomorrow as we paid extra so we could get through passport control quickly
only a four hour drive tomorrow to Madrid where we are staying for the night

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jan31:
Old 12-06-2023, 12:46 PM   #974  
Proud Fan Club Member

That's funny that Jean thought it was just coincidence that we all did all white cards! When I think of zinc oxide I think of diaper rash cream! It reminds me of the time the doctor told my mother-in-law to get some zinc oxide. I'm not sure what she wanted her to do with it anymore but she looked at me and said you know what I'm talking about. Yes I knew she meant diaper rash cream. And that's all white.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (12-06-2023), JRHolbrook (12-08-2023), shirlb19 (12-06-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 01:03 PM   #975  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon ladies!

Catherine, so sorry to hear that your DD2 is worse! I had that bad sore throat for 10 days, and very tired. Must be going around.

Shirl, forgot to wish you a happy anniversary! So happy anniversary!

Jean, so nice you had friends come to see you! What fun times!

Kathy, your tool looks fantastic! So much prettier then my plain black one from Amazon!

Off to put away groceries! Just delivered!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (12-08-2023), mcschmidty (12-08-2023), shirlb19 (12-06-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 03:51 PM   #976  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yikes Ann, you felt that sore throat for the whole ten days. That must be a very bad cold going around. They say a cold lasts 7 to 10 days, but generally the sore throat is just at the first, then it goes away. That must have been brutal.

Thanks for all the good anniversary wishes everyone!

Jan, safe travels! You will be glad to get home to the warmer weather.

Ha, ha on the brain talk, Jean. Made me smile! You have a very creative brain!!

Catherine thanks for the tip about the elderberry ones.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by shirlb19:
annsforte3 (12-06-2023), JRHolbrook (12-08-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 08:07 AM   #977  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We had a lovely storm yesterday giving us rain and, further up the hill, snow. They had chain check running. We had a lovely small group meeting last night - emphasis on the small part of that as there were only four of us when there are usually eight. DD2 was already in bed, we knew one of the people wasn't going to make it as she had a work function, and two others didn't make it either but it was a good meeting with just the four of us.

DD2 woke up yesterday morning feeling much better, thankfully. And she is even better today and I am thankful. I really think she stayed up too late working on an art project and was too early in her healing process.

On my way home, I stopped at DD2's store because I needed some card stock for the treats I'm making for DD1's Starbucks co-workers (yes, I know she doesn't work there any more but I have become friends with them and want to do something fun for them). I got to her store and was looking at the check out line having regrets that I didn't just ask her to get it for me when I saw the framing manager. He told me I should just have DD2 get whatever I need, we chatted and I said, "Yes, I saw that line and now I'm thinking I should have!" to which he kindly replied that he could check me out at framing. I knew I liked him! "Tis definitely the season to avoid going into Michaels if I can.

Shirl, she said the elderberry version of the Zicam was better tasting to her. DD1 loved the fruit flavored Zicam but I would recommend the elderberry version (haven't tasted any of them) because it has the benefits of the elderberry in addition to zinc.

Jean, yes, she was at work ill. Not what I would recommend (I think that is how she got sick in the first place) but she felt she couldn't call out sick.

Your poor friend, Beth, Jean. What a hard time she has had. Yes, there are people that, looking from the outside, I think would be hard to be married to. Of course, there are probably people who look at DH and I and think, "Wow, that poor guy is a saint being married to her!" LOL

Safe continued travels, Jan!

Kathy, I don't think I knew diaper rash creme was zinc oxide. Interesting.

Ann, I'm sorry you had a bad sore throat for ten days. That sucks!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (12-08-2023), jan31 (12-07-2023), JRHolbrook (12-08-2023), mcschmidty (12-08-2023), shirlb19 (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 09:32 AM   #978  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Thursday! Sunny here! Yay.
Ann, got my reachers yesterday, haven't tried one yet.
Catherine, glad you got some rain and that your daughter feels better. I question whether a cold would involve a sore throat for 10 days. At most a scratchy throat at first. I guess even if it's strep throat, you don't necessarily need an antibiotic. I'm guessing it's a different kind of virus that causes that sore throat. Or else colds are evolving into something else.
Last night my daughter and the girls walked over for some St. Nick treats I bought. They don't do St. Nick, being Buddhist, and I don't have a strong tradition but I wanted to get them something. The co-op had these butterscotch pears which I think are basically Japanese pears, which look like yellow apples. Also bought some chocolate mint cupcakes and a few little Christmas chocolates wrapped in foil. Mirren read 'It Was the Night Before Christmas' which was hilarious because the language is so different from contemporary language. What's a kerchief? What are coursers? Why does he lay a finger on his nose? Was he picking his nose? My girls are crazy, loud, silly, constantly moving. Scott just worked three straight 12 hour days and Liz is worn out. She so needs a 'long winter's nap.' She's really struggling with Clare's ability to lose things. She lost a purse for which Liz used REI points and there was $20 in it. Clare said 'well now I can get the purse I really want.' Uhhhh, nope, sweetie, doesn't work that way. I hope Liz sticks to her guns. So careless. Liz was like that too so.....you know the saying about apples.
I'm starting to watch my Christmas movies. My favorite is the Alistair Cook 'Scrooge.' Have watched White Christmas already. Did you know that Rosemary Clooney was half the age of Bing Crosby? And the gloves she wore when she sang her solo toward the end are in a museum in her memory in Kentucky. Didn't know she was a Kentucky girl. Always wanted to sing just like her.
Jan, you must be home by now. I would so love to see Madrid and where you live.
One other thing about Beth: she is her husband's 5th wife. I don't think I would have risked it but Beth is kind of a caretaker and probably thought he would change. She said he was good at courtship but then it falls apart.
You all need to know that I don't read directions very well so that's why I didn't know about the all white. Kathy and Shirl, I'm a goof. I'd forgotten that zinc oxide was diaper rash cream. Yes, my Mom needed it too. And I just bought some elderberry gummies.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (12-08-2023), shirlb19 (12-07-2023), smadson (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 11:24 AM   #979  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,024 Likes on 1,528 Posts

Jean, this was such a great, interesting post. I am not good at posting, sorry. I have really thought of not posting so much in these SCS threads because I just can’t keep up. I even think it is a lot of trouble upload my cards and layouts. I have made cards and sent them out this week without uploading. Just easier! I can work faster. Oh, well, not to worry, just going through a phase, I think! LOL
hugs to all…

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by smadson:
annsforte3 (12-08-2023), JRHolbrook (12-08-2023), mcschmidty (12-08-2023), shirlb19 (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 03:39 PM   #980  
Proud Fan Club Member

I hear ya Sharon. Sometimes challenges make my brain grind to a halt, lol. I should just make what ideas come to mind.

Jean , we watched Home Alone 2 last night. I was in the mood to see that Plaza Hotel in New York. What a hotel!!
We watched The Bishop's Wife on Sunday night. Talk about keeping up. I can't remember if I posted that already, lol.

I did not know that Rosemary Clooney was half the age of Bing in White Christmas. I can never get over Vera-Ellen's teeny tiny waist in that movie. And those gams.

Have never seen the 1951 Alastair Cook Scrooge.

Love It's a Wonderful Life, Holiday Inn, White Christmas. We own all of them.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by shirlb19:
annsforte3 (12-08-2023), JRHolbrook (12-08-2023), mcschmidty (12-08-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 04:48 PM   #981  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

DH went to the eye doc today for a checkup on his eye after all the surgeries, and the news was good, and he doesn't need to go back. YAY!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (12-08-2023), JRHolbrook (12-08-2023), muscrat (12-07-2023), shirlb19 (12-07-2023), smadson (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 05:40 PM   #982  
Proud Fan Club Member

That's awesome Melody!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (12-08-2023), JRHolbrook (12-08-2023)
Old 12-08-2023, 01:00 AM   #983  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,015 Likes on 869 Posts
Default Hi

Hi ladies,
Sorry it has been a while since I checked in! We are keeping busy in Colorado- not seeing the kids as often as I'd like to, but plenty to keep us busy here!
I see the chat about Zicam- hubby uses it as soon as he feels a touch under the weather- and follows the prescribed recommendations. I use it on occasion. He uses the nasal swabs- I have tasted the tabs and really do not like them! LOL
Happy Anniversary Shirl!
Safe travels Jan!
The mail out here is dreadfully slow! We have our mail forwarded, but it is S-L-O-W to arrive! I have rec'd Christmas cards from Ann, Annette, Kathy and Jan. Thank You! I hope my cards will reach destinations on time!
My friend in Seattle is short, and has a reacher in the shape of a lobster to get her laundry from the washer to the dryer- it is so cute- I looked it up and it was like $30.00! No thanks....but fun that you all have reachers as well.
Tonight, we stopped to see son and DIl- we went to the Denver suburbs last weekend, so it has been a week! DIL shared the baby with us freely- which is not usual- it was so fun! Rowan was always pretty tiny- this one is a bit more stout! But, at 8 weeks, he is starting to smile a bit more and is wanting to stand up.... His legs are always moving when he is in his bouncy chair.... he may be a busy one once he starts moving!!! We will join them again for a parade of lights on Saturday for their little town!

Waving hello to all!
Heading to bed .....

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (12-08-2023), shirlb19 (12-08-2023)
Old 12-08-2023, 05:23 AM   #984  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Friday morning.

VSN starts TODAY! 5:00 PM Eastern Time. Clear some space on your craft table and join us.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (12-08-2023), smadson (12-08-2023)
Old 12-08-2023, 08:33 AM   #985  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I have a busy, busy day today cleaning and cooking and making a birthday card for DH whose birthday is today. I haven't stopped long enough to look up a fun fold for his birthday card. He likes "mechanical" cards. Yikes! Any suggestions?

Christmas movies - we have some that we watch every year. We haven't watched White Christmas yet because DD1 will want to see that one. We usually watch Home Alone 1, 2, and 3 too. We've been watching a variety of them on Amazon and Tubi while doing other things. I know they are rather sappy but I think they are fun too.

Jean, your poor daughter dealing with her daughter's ability to lose things! I know that problem with my oldest. (Or both of them with their shoes. I finally got them trained at work that they had to leave their shoes in my office so when it was time to go, we didn't have to go on the great shoe hunt!") Yes, I hope Liz sticks to her guns.

Yikes to being his 5th wife. I think that would have scared me off!

Sharon, we are happy to have you pop in when you do.

Shirl, I'm with you about Vera-Ellen and her tiny waist!

Wonderful news, Melody!

Shelly, I think the forwarding service of the mail definitely slows it down. I feel for the postal workers this time of year, they are so busy.

Thanks for the reminder, Melody. I don't know if I'll have time but I need more Christmas cards. I didn't make quite enough throughout the year.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (12-08-2023), mcschmidty (12-13-2023)
Old 12-08-2023, 08:41 AM   #986  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Just posted the new round of 2024 Christmas Card challenges: Christmas Card Challenges 2024 - Complete List by annsforte3 at Splitcoaststampers

I think I need to nag you, Catherine to participate and make more each month!

Holiday movies, I love White Christmas and of course Scrooge any version! But I get sick of the Home Alone movies! I don't know why, I like the first one, could be that I've seen it way too many times! Like the Christmas Chronicles with Kurt Russell!

Don't know if I will participate in VSN this time, I do not need any cards! My stash is huge again and I have enough Christmas Cards for 2024 and then some!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
mcschmidty (12-13-2023)
Old 12-08-2023, 09:10 AM   #987  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I totally cheated on Christmas cards this year. I thought I had a box with some in, but can't find it. So my friend had given me card fronts from all kinds of cards she had received, including a lot of Christmas cards (store bought). I trimmed them to fit the best part(s) on an A2 card (or 2), added sentiments and done. They went out in the mailbox this morning. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone, but if I did, Merry Christmas. Too many things on the brain this time of year.

I wasn't going to host for VSN, but Lee begged me to fill a spot. It's an easy theme, so I said yes.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (12-08-2023), mcschmidty (12-13-2023)
Old 12-08-2023, 09:30 AM   #988  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

IT'S MOVING DAY TO THE NEW THREAD FOR ROUND 20!!
GO HERE TO CHAT: Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT by annsforte3 at Splitcoaststampers

GO HERE TO POST FOR ROUND 20: Alphabet Challenge Round 20- Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 Posting Thread by annsforte3 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (12-13-2023)
Old 12-08-2023, 01:04 PM   #989  
Proud Fan Club Member

I've moved over. See you there! Thanks Ann!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2023, 11:11 AM   #990  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!!

This week's letter is "A' and the theme is locations! You pick the location that starts with the letter "A".

Keywords: ABC20A1, ABC20, and your personal keyword if using one

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (12-13-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 12:48 PM   #991  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Thank you, everyone, for remembering me with Christmas cards. I think of you all often. I just don’t seem to get on here. However, here is the ledge outside my apartment door. MERRY CHRISTMAS, ALPHA SISTERS!
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 19 Chat 6-7 thru 11-29-2023-img_1397.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 19 Chat 6-7 thru 11-29-2023-img_1398.jpg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
shirlb19 (12-20-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 12:50 PM   #992  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie that is adorable!

Can you post it over on the round 20 chat? We moved with the new round starting!

GO HERE TO CHAT: Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT by annsforte3 at Splitcoaststampers

GO HERE TO POST FOR ROUND 20: Alphabet Challenge Round 20- Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 Posting Thread by annsforte3 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes