Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-14-2004, 12:02 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baby Shower Ideas

Hey ladies! I just found out that I am going to be an auntie, and I am really excited!! I was just wondering if you had any cute ideas for using SU! stamps for invitations, party favors, etc. I would really like to have the invitations be a onesie (I think I saw that in a gallery on here somewhere??) so if anyone has that pattern to pass on that would be great! I am open to any ideas, and would really appreciate some creative assitance!! Come on ladies, get those creative juices flowing!! LOL! TIA!! :lol:

Danielle
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2004, 01:15 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

I just finished a paint can and plan on putting a decorated onesie in there for a gift. Turned out cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2004, 06:38 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Re: Baby Shower Ideas

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampcrazydani
I am open to any ideas, and would really appreciate some creative assitance!!

Danielle

I made a baby scrapbook for a first time mommy just this summer! Most of my stamps were SU (that of course are all retired now!) that I used. I'd tell you to look at my website but the pictures are still on hubby's laptop. I need to get them move so i can put them on my website! But that is one idea! Is that creative enough? lol :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2004, 07:13 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2004, 07:32 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I'm hosting 2 showers in as many months, one for my SIL and one for a SCS member. The invites for my SIL's shower, which I hope to send out today, are made using "Something to Celebrate" and the baby wheel. I'm planning on creating a scrapbook at each shower, check out this discussion thread (I hope I do this correctly!): Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2004, 07:46 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try creating the invitations on a 6x6 card and stamping either the inside or the outside as a simple scrapbook page, then the invitation information on the inside or outside that you didn't use for the page. Then ask everyone to bring their invitation to the shower and you have the start of a 6x6 scrapbook for the new mother.
I adapted this idea from the 6x6 card we made at Orlando convention this year, and haven't had a shower to try it out on yet.
Stamping Happy! Member #4604
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2004, 07:50 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Group Leader

I made stamped candy bar wrappers with little feet in pastel colors and had a basket of them for favors and I tied them with printed ribbon and added a little plastic pacifier from a local craft store to the bow. Also, we played a game with Chocolate (what woman doesn't love chocolate!) I took a tray of disposable diapers and put an unwrapped candy bar in each one and melted them in the microwave. they had to identify the poopie! It was so funny! Only one person could identify all of the variety of candy bars and some ladies thought it was so gross...but give me a break...it was candy! It was actually very cute and a real break from some of those ordinary games! Also, I made stamped pages and let everyone journal their prayers for the baby and their advice for the new Mom. These "pages" were just small elements that could be incorporated into pages for a shower scrapbook with pictures.

Have fun with it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2004, 10:18 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's another idea: There is a pregnant woman in my stampin up group and we are having a shower for her next month. I asked all the group members to make a "parent's advice" scrapbook page (8.5 x 11") which I will put into an album to give her at the shower. We have several pages already and although the colors and styles vary, they reflect the person who made them which is fun. There is practical advice, funny stuff, heartwarming stories. My coworkers made one for me and my eight year old son had fun reading it.

What I meant by parenting advice would be any fun, inspiring tidbits you'd pass along from your own experience. For example, I'm going to let her know my idea of taking photos of my son between two large teddy bears every 3 months for the first year. The bears provide a good measuring stick of his growth, plus now he can hold the bears and see just how small he was. Other suggestions:
    I think it will be fun to see what people come up with, everyone has their own parenting style and traditions.

~ Kathy

Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 11-15-2004, 11:23 PM   #9  
    Die Cut Diva

My friend that hosted my baby shower was an avid stamper. She made new wrappers for chocolate bars (with nuts...I had a boy) and made tags for mini wine bottles (and a bottle of evian for me). The chocolate bars and tags had my little boy's initials on them. She used an alpha. set for that. We didn't do games (I think those are lame) but she did do a stamped blank journal that each guest wrote their own words of wisdom. I think I learned more from those words from my friends than from the baby books I got.

Lots of fun!

A.

Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken.
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 11-16-2004, 02:54 AM   #10  
    Hardware Hotshot

Here is an idea that everyone loved at the last shower that I helped to plan.

Door Prize Idea:
    Stamp address labels in a baby theme and wrap them around Hershey's Nugget candy bars (bite size pieces of candy). Then make the Sour Cream Containers. Fill the sour cream containers with a Nugget and some baby colored Jelly Bellies. In the winning door prize sour cream container place a slip of paper that says "YOU WON". Pass around a basket full of the sour cream containers and have everyone pick one. Everyone loved the idea of the fact that everyone got something. They were all so funny shaking the dumb things trying to figure out what was in there. HTH.
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 11-17-2004, 08:56 AM   #11  
    Insane Embellisher

Default How about

How about making the lil baby shoes as a favor I have one uploded in my gallery I made with wee watercolors.
    I can send you the pattern if you like just drop me a line
    Jen
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 11-17-2004, 09:19 AM   #12  
    Polyshrink Goddess

Since your theme is onesies, I attended a baby shower where the hostess gave each of us a white onesie to decorate for the new mom. She had fabric paints, etc. there. It was really fun, and something the mom would see over and over again as her baby wore them! :lol: - J.
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 11-17-2004, 09:59 AM   #13  
    Kookie Creator

When I did a shower for my best friend I bought cloth diapers (large pack at Wal-Mart wasn't real expensive). I used Baby Firsts and Cuddles and Tickles and fabric paint and decorated them. Then I wrapped up the silverware in them for the luncheon portion, tied with organdy ribbon. I had a large hamper. Guests were able to use the stamped diapers for napkins at the shower, then they put them in the hamper for the new mom to take home and wash to use them for "burpie" cloths or however she wanted. It was a big hit - what mom couldn't use a few extra cloth diapers for something.

For favors I did little vellum votive holders stamped with the same sets and stamped on the votives (purchased again at Wal Mart).

HTH
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 12-02-2004, 11:51 PM   #14  
    Mad Swapper

I rolled a bunch of white tablecloths with SU's bold butterfly jumbo wheel. I also stamped some large white napkins for the treat table.

I always make diaper cakes and I stamp the butterfly image that matches the table cloths, invitations, etc and use the cut outs (or punch outs) to decorate the cake.
    Reply With Quote Likes
    Old 02-24-2006, 09:40 AM   #15  
    Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by imsteelefullofscrap
    How about making the lil baby shoes as a favor I have one uploded in my gallery I made with wee watercolors.
    I can send you the pattern if you like just drop me a line
    Jen
    yes could send it to me
    Reply With Quote Likes