Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-09-2006, 09:16 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Christmas pic with words in red

Could someone please tell me how to make the B&W pictures with the words JOY or whatever in red? I guess these are either wooden letters or paper cut outs. I guess that is another question LOL
I hope this makes sense. I say them alot last year and I never did find out how to do it. This would be perfect for this year since I have done what seems like everything else for Christmas cards and I want to do something different and the ball rolling now.
Thanks!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2006, 09:20 AM   #2  
LSN
Glitter Guru

I know that this is done digitally somehow, but haven't a clue how. I know that there are lots of awesome ladies on this site that are digital whiz kids that will help. I'll be tuning into this thread to find out.

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2006, 05:42 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

Default Is this maybe it?

www.scrapability.squarespace.com

Then click on Projects shared with you, then Digital instructions. If so, the directions are VERY good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2006, 07:15 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

I am not sure which of these are the one I want.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2006, 07:19 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

nope. checked all three.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2006, 07:00 AM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

Hi There

I saw your posting and think that I may be able to help. I'm assuming that you are looking to have a photo as the background in black & white, with coloured lettering over top. This is much easier than you might think.

In whatever photo editing software you have, you should be able to covert a colour photo to grayscale. This is the first step. This will discard the colour information in your photo and make it look like an image taken with black & white film. Be sure to save the image under a different name, so that you don't loose the original colour image.

Once you have your grayscale image, there are a couple of ways which you can proceed, depending on what software you have. If you have Microsoft Word, you can proceed in this manner. Open a new file and place you grayscale image on the page - in the editing options you can change the size to fit what you want. Then, you can use the "wordart" option and type in the text that you want. There is an edit function on the "wordart" tool bar that will allow you to change the font and colour as desired. You'll need to make sure that your photo is placed "behind text" and that your wordart is placed "infront of text" - you can do this on your photo editing and word art editing toolbars.

If you have a program like Adobe Illustrator, then you would want to open a new file and place your grayscale image on the artboard where you want it. Illustrator allows you to set up guides - these can be used to define the size of your card and then resize your photo as necessary. Once your photo is placed, then you would select the text tool and define the style, font and colour of the text that you wish - you can also as different textures and finishes to the text in this program. Once you have the text defined, you then would click on the photo where you would like to add it and type away. You will be able to resize your text and move it easily afterwards.

I hope that this helps - send me a note back if you have any questions.

Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes