Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-16-2004, 10:31 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clay Pots

When I get ready to stamp pots decide colors and decide if I am going to paint the pot. I use the $.33 paint at Wal-Mart and have never had any problems.

If I am going to paint the pot I do that and wait about 30 mins. for it to dry well, I use a sponge brush to apply the paint.

I use a paint tray and the sponge daubers, the ones that go on your fingers. These apply the paint better than brushes or a made up pad. For me they are very easy and quick to use. I get an even coverage and can control it better than anything else I have tried.

"Ink" up the stamp and with even pressure and a steady hand stamp starting on one end of the image and roll with the pot. I hold the pot in my left hand with my hand inside to help keep the pot steady and stamp with my right.

You don't want alot of paint on your stamp because it will slide easily if you do. Start out with small images and work up to larger ones.

Micheal's usually puts there pots on sale once a month for $.25 any size. Keep an eye out for these sales and stock up.

They are very easy to do and if you don't like the way it turned out just repaint. Just play with it and find out what feels right for you. Once you have it down you can knock out several pots at one time.

When I was a demo I would do these for hostess gifts, they loved them and I would get bookings because they wanted a pot.

They pots I have in my gallery haven't been sealed, but you should seal them especially if you are going to use them to plant in. To seal wait 24 hours after stamping then seal with a clear Krylon spray inside and out. I have one pic. of a pot that is sealed and will be adding it later, it is done with the old DD Sunflower set.

You can get to my gallery through the url under my name.

If you have any questions just ask.
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/mltunnel
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes