Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-13-2006, 01:55 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Composition Book/ Steno Pad Instructions

I'm a "newbie" but am wondering if someone could help me with instructions on how to cover compostion books (you know, the marbled ones...) and also steno pads. Is there a special adhesive to use so that the paper/cs doesn't ripple? And, how do you get such clean cuts right up to the edge? Should I cut paper first? or glue on then cut? And how in the world do you get the top cover off the steno pads to cover? any help would be great!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2006, 01:58 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi! I think I can answer one or two of your questions. I haven't made the steno pads, but have made covers for legal pads. I use photo mounting tape from M***ael's. It is flat and sticks very well without leaving any ridges or making the paper look funny.

For my covers, I followed a pattern provided on a link somewhere by JulieHRR. Scored the paper, stamped it, then folded and glued it. HTH.
peggysue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2006, 04:46 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Default Zip Dry Glue

I found the above named glue at two of my local scrapbooking stores and it's also available at AC M**re. It will glue ANYTHING to paper, even metal embellishments and buttons. It is clear liquid but similar properties to rubber cement. It takes only a few seconds to establish the bond. No ripples, no puddles. Any excess that might ooze from an edge can be wiped away when it's set up.

I'd say the only downside is that it will thicken with extended exposure to air but if you take off the nozzle cap and replace with the original screw-on cap after use, you'll increase it's value. Also if you place the bottle in a little warm water or keep near a lamp while using, it will stay a little more thin.

I have been gluing paper not only to the mini composition books that are available at Walm*rt but to small metal lunch boxes, plastic pencil slider boxes, and the items that you can find in T*rget like the journal books.
Reply With Quote Likes