Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-26-2009, 04:30 AM   #601  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out this card in today additions. I like that she layered felt flowers over the top of the crocheted one.

VSJUN02 Verve Sketch by Charlee at Splitcoaststampers
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2009, 05:01 AM   #602  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Re knitting vs. crocheting -- I have been following this thread since the beginning. Taught myself to knit years ago and have knitted many things over the year. Taught myself to crochet a few years ago, but never seemed very comfortable with it. When I saw these flowers I thought I would be able to do it and tried, tried, tried, but maybe got one good one for each 10 trys. I believe it was Bugga who took pity on me and sent me some of hers (which was wonderful). The funny thing is, while trying and trying, what I thought was arthiritis became so painful in my fingers that I decided I must quit trying completely. After treating it for sometime, I think it must be nerve damage in my whole hand instead, and am now trying to treat it that way. I am sure I would be able to handle these beautiful knitted flowers, but need to get this hand thing under control first. Getting old really sucks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2009, 12:15 PM   #603  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is another flower of the week:
http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/faq...letterId=54779

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #604  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetiepeasView Post
Here is one with a bunch of different flowers.
http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com...ry/flowers.php
This is the place I have been looking for, thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #605  
Gabfest Goddess

Lovin all the new patterns & all the lovely cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 04:15 AM   #606  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I finally made some dainty flowers! I'v been lurking for a while and I finally got it when someone posted Nicole Heady's tutorial. I used some on this card and I scanned some and removed the background so digiscrappers could use it too, you can download it on my blog: http://thefrugalcrafter.wordpress.co...y-for-crochet/
Attached Thumbnails
Crocheting your own Fleurettes-hooraycrochet.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 07:46 PM   #607  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsaymayView Post
I finally made some dainty flowers! I'v been lurking for a while and I finally got it when someone posted Nicole Heady's tutorial. I used some on this card and I scanned some and removed the background so digiscrappers could use it too, you can download it on my blog: http://thefrugalcrafter.wordpress.co...y-for-crochet/
Glad you stopped lurking and posted such a cute card....your flowers are so cute and to be proud of!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #608  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamping_KMLView Post
Ok - I made another set of flowers like SU's and wrote out the instructions. Let me know if you have any questions or if I need to make a change to the instructions. Thanks!

Here's another picture: Fleurettes

Flower #1: size 3 hook

Round 1) With white - use magic ring method (http://www.crochetme.com/Dec_Jan_0405/reads_round.html), 15 sc in ring, join with sl st to first sc.

Round 2) Ch 2, sk 2 sc, sl st in next sc, repeat around. Join with sl st to base of first sl st. Finish off. (5 ch 2 sps)

Round 3) With pink � in any ch 2 sp, join with sl st, ch 1. (sc, hdc, 3 dc, hdc, sc) in each ch 2 sp around. Join with sl st to first sc.

Round 4) Ch 2 (counts as hdc), dc in next st, (2 tr in next st) repeat 2 more times, dc in next st, hdc in next st, * hdc in next st, dc in next st, (2 tr in next st) repeat 2 more times, dc in next st, hdc in next st, repeat from * around. Join with sl st to top of ch 2. Finish off. Weave in all ends.

Flower #2: size 6 hook

Round 1) With white � use magic ring method, 12 sc in ring, sl st in front loop of first sc. Finish off.

Round 2) With pink and working this round in front loops only � join with sl st in first sc. * Sl st in next sc, and in same st: (ch 2, 3 dc, ch 2, sl st), sl st in next sc, repeat from * around. Join with sl st to first sl st. Finish off.

Round 3) With burgundy and working this round in back loops only � join with sl st in any sc in the middle of a petal from previous round (so your petals line up), in same st (ch 3, 3 tr, ch 3, sl st), * sl st in next sc, sl st in next sc and in same st (ch 3, 3 tr, ch 3, sl st), repeat from * around. Join with sl st to beginning sl st. Finish off. Weave in all ends.

Flower #3: size 7 hook

Round 1) With rose � use magic ring method, 15 sc in ring, join with sl st to first sc.

Round 2) (Ch 2, sk 2 sc, sl st in next sc) repeat around. Join with sl st to base of first ch 2. Finish off.

Round 3) With white, sl st in any ch 2 sp, ch 2, 5 tr, ch 2, sl st in same sp. * Sl st in next ch 2 sp, ch 2, 5 tr, ch 2, sl st in same sp, repeat from * around. Join with sl st to first sl st. Finish off. Weave in all ends.
These are Beautiful!!
Thanks for sharing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 04:21 AM   #609  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasimondsView Post
These are Beautiful!!
Thanks for sharing
Yup! She did a great job and deserves another round of applause!!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #610  
Die Cut Diva

Location: I'm actually lost... if you find me, could you let me know where I am??
Default Check this out!

Hi everyone! I found this thread a couple of days ago and it's taken me about that long to read everything! You gals are doing beautiful work! I've attempted a couple of them, but need a lot more practice! Earlier in the thread there was a discussion about selling the crocheted flowers. Well, I did a search on Etsy just for the heck of it and was blown away by the 1st 2 people that were listed!! Check out these beauties:

OneLifeRose Design

My Little Palett

I didn't look at any others! I can crochet, but I can't look at something and figure out how to do it. I'm sure many of you talented and gifted ladies can! I would LOVE to know how to create some of these beauties! Especially the simpler ones from OneLifeRose Designs! If any of you can come up with a pattern(s), please share!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #611  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh my gosh! Those are beautiful....and their prices are very fair as well. I may try to copy some of them, but I doubt I'll have much luck without knowing the pattern.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 07:39 PM   #612  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by SassiAngelView Post
Hi everyone! I found this thread a couple of days ago and it's taken me about that long to read everything! You gals are doing beautiful work! I've attempted a couple of them, but need a lot more practice! Earlier in the thread there was a discussion about selling the crocheted flowers. Well, I did a search on Etsy just for the heck of it and was blown away by the 1st 2 people that were listed!! Check out these beauties:

OneLifeRose Design

My Little Palett

I didn't look at any others! I can crochet, but I can't look at something and figure out how to do it. I'm sure many of you talented and gifted ladies can! I would LOVE to know how to create some of these beauties! Especially the simpler ones from OneLifeRose Designs! If any of you can come up with a pattern(s), please share!!
Wow! I wouldn't mind having those directions myself! I think OneLifeRose has hers priced very cheap! I value my work and my time is money....but, hurrah for her! I personally like My Little Palett's work much better.....more variety.

I just do not have the time to play around with re-inventing the wheel, so to speak so, I will be content to do my thing.

Geez....hope that did not sound too catty!! Sorry if it did!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #613  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvansluysView Post
Wow! I wouldn't mind having those directions myself! I think OneLifeRose has hers priced very cheap! I value my work and my time is money....but, hurrah for her! I personally like My Little Palett's work much better.....more variety.

I just do not have the time to play around with re-inventing the wheel, so to speak so, I will be content to do my thing.

Geez....hope that did not sound too catty!! Sorry if it did!!

Not to me!

BTW, the tiny flowers that I put on my cards always get rave reviews, especially once they find out I made them myself, so thanks again for this thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 04:08 AM   #614  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogzrulecaView Post
[/color]

Not to me!

BTW, the tiny flowers that I put on my cards always get rave reviews, especially once they find out I made them myself, so thanks again for this thread.
You are so welcome......I am just surprised and shocked that it has gone on this long!!

Hey gals, I got my new copy of Creating Keepsakes this weekend and on page 69 someone has made and used a crocheted flower on a layout. Middle of the LO and on the left....check it out! Too cute!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 04:26 AM   #615  
Pearl-ExPert

Talking New SU In-Colors (revision)

Gals, I am not sure if I posted the SU In-Colors '09-'10 or not. If I did, I played around this past weekend with the colors given to me in another thread. I spent several days at my In-Laws, they live on a farm and needed something to do.....so lucky me, I crocheted!!

Anyway... the colors given to me were:

Soft Suede 3790
Rich Razzleberry 327
Bermuda Bay 992 or 959
Melon Mambo 335 or 956
Crushed Curry 382 or 3820
Dusty Durango 920

But, I used and found close if not better color matches....guess it's all in the eyes of the beholder (plus, I did not have my list when I went to the store only my CS samples!)

I used:
Soft Suede 610
Rich Razzleberry 3802 (327 is purple)
Bermuda Bay 958 (992 is too green but, 959 is okay just lighter shade)
Melon Mambo 3805 or 335 (959 seems to light to me)
Crushed Curry 728 ( I did not find 382 in the slots at the store)
Dusty Durango 921 (but, 920 is okay too)

So, there you go.....have fun enjoying some summer and crafting!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 06:08 AM   #616  
Matboard Maniac

I love this thread...everyone's so nice & helpful.

Yes, I saw that LO in CK magazine, i was like o my gosh!! I know there was a trend thread a while ago I never posted, but I think crocheted elements may be at the top of that list now.

I love the flowers from Etsy! They are very talented. However, for card purposes the tiny, flattest flowers seems to be the most useful. Those flowers I would reserve more for LOs or other fabric project.

I still have to go back and check out some of the links here...I am still working on my technique, but getting better as I go.

Anyone mail a card with a flower on it yet? Any extra postage? I keep wanting to test run it. I'm thinking it would get thru since it is soft and can be squished...wondering if squishing ruins it too. Any insight welcome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 06:18 AM   #617  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvpaisleyView Post
I love this thread...everyone's so nice & helpful.

Yes, I saw that LO in CK magazine, i was like o my gosh!! I know there was a trend thread a while ago I never posted, but I think crocheted elements may be at the top of that list now.

I love the flowers from Etsy! They are very talented. However, for card purposes the tiny, flattest flowers seems to be the most useful. Those flowers I would reserve more for LOs or other fabric project.

I still have to go back and check out some of the links here...I am still working on my technique, but getting better as I go.

Anyone mail a card with a flower on it yet? Any extra postage? I keep wanting to test run it. I'm thinking it would get thru since it is soft and can be squished...wondering if squishing ruins it too. Any insight welcome.
Mailed a card just recently and the receiver, SIL, said came through just fine. But, I always use another piece of CS to cover embelishments...knots, brads, etc. Though I try to keep those to a minimum on sent cards. No extra postage because I did not have loads of layers to increase the weight. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 07:51 AM   #618  
Crimping Master

Have any of you tried varegated thread? I just got some varegated craft thread, it looks like floss, same kind of skein, but it works up more like crochet cotton as the strands are wrapped tighter together, I love it because I don split the strands like I do sometimes with the floss also since it is varegated I don't have to change colors (a big time save for me!) Thanks for this thread, I'm lovin all the samples and links! so much eye candy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 07:52 AM   #619  
Crimping Master

BTW how do I sign up for the flower pattern of the week at Lion brand?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 08:20 AM   #620  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,120 Likes on 969 Posts

Quote:

BTW how do I sign up for the flower pattern of the week at Lion brand?
I've used varigated crochet thread. Makes for some interesting looking flowers.

Here's the link to lion brand. A bit down the page on left is a newsletter signup.

http://www.lionbrand.com/
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #621  
Kookie Creator

subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2009, 04:53 AM   #622  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
I've used varigated crochet thread. Makes for some interesting looking flowers.

Here's the link to lion brand. A bit down the page on left is a newsletter signup.

http://www.lionbrand.com/
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2009, 06:06 PM   #623  
Gabfest Goddess

Here is the link for a crochet Lily of the Valley this week from Lion Brand:
http://www.lionbrand.com/faq/493.htm...letterId=54893
Very pretty!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2009, 04:11 AM   #624  
Crimping Master

I just got an awesome book for my birthday, its called "100 flowers to knit and crochet" there are patterns for flowers, leaves, fruit and butterflies, I think Amazon has it for $15, reg rices is &21 US, $25 CA. Good Stuff;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #625  
Gabfest Goddess

I think I've got the butterflies figured out. Let me play around a bit more then I'll post a pattern.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #626  
Mad Swapper

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by split-peaView Post
I think I've got the butterflies figured out. Let me play around a bit more then I'll post a pattern.

That would be awesome!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #627  
Gabfest Goddess

Okay here's my pattern for butterflies. I started with theMagic Ring Method ,but you could try another method for the round.

Make ring then into ring
chain 3
3 treble crochets(yarn over twice)
chain 3 & slip stitch into ring
chain 2
2 double crochets
chain 2 & slip stitch into ring
slip stitch into ring
chain 2
2 double crochets
chain 3
finish off & tighten ring if using magic ring
I tie off ends & trim. Then using contrasting color wrap twice from head to tail pull tight & tie into square knot for head & antena. I use a dot of clear glue to secure knots. Then trim antena to length.
Attached Thumbnails
Crocheting your own Fleurettes-cimg3060.jpg   Crocheting your own Fleurettes-cimg3062.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #628  
Polyshrink Goddess

These are cute...I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #629  
Gabfest Goddess

Let me know if the directions are clear enough.

I started a crochet blog today. The link is in my siggy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #630  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,120 Likes on 969 Posts

Very nice, Shelley. Thanks for working out the instructions.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #631  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Okay here's my pattern for butterflies. I started with theMagic Ring Method ,but you could try another method for the round.

Make ring then into ring
chain 3
chain 2
2 double crochets
slip stitch into ring
chain 2
2 double crochets
chain 3
finish off & tighten ring if using magic ring
I tie off ends & trim. Then using contrasting color wrap twice from head to tail pull tight & tie into square knot for head & antena. I use a dot of clear glue to secure knots. Then trim antena to length.
These are so Sweet!
Thanks for sharing your pattern
and the magic ring link.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2009, 06:48 AM   #632  
Polyshrink Goddess

I think this pattern comes as close to the SU Fleurettes, as you can get.
http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/te...y-flowers.html
I just made one using doily thread and it's adorable. Makes about a 1" flower.

I used a #8 stainless steel hook
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #633  
Mad Swapper

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for all the sharing on here. I keep looking at all the great flowers and things. I don't crochet and have sent this tread to my friend she is going to help me learn. I can't wait. Love all the ideas. Kathy

Still looking for a few players hope you will take and look and join in the fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2009, 11:10 PM   #634  
Gabfest Goddess

Love the pattern for a leaf chain. http://www.fablehandmadegoods.com/Cr...rn-leaves.html

I made one. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 05:58 AM   #635  
Crimping Master

Default free cherry crochet pattern

I just put a pattern on my bog to make this cherry embellisment, very easy! it is my first try at writing a pattern, hope someone can use it;) here is the link: http://thefrugalcrafter.wordpress.co...ochet-pattern/
Attached Thumbnails
Crocheting your own Fleurettes-cherrycrochet.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #636  
Gabfest Goddess

That is adorable Lindsay! Can't wait to try it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #637  
Gabfest Goddess

Here's a pic of the leaf chain I made.
Attached Thumbnails
Crocheting your own Fleurettes-cimg3076.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #638  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by giasianaView Post
I think this pattern comes as close to the SU Fleurettes, as you can get.
http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/te...y-flowers.html
I just made one using doily thread and it's adorable. Makes about a 1" flower.

I used a #8 stainless steel hook
Thanks for sharing your pattern, your flowers are pretty! An the leaves are nice too!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 12:15 PM   #639  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

I just put a pattern on my bog to make this cherry embellisment, very easy! it is my first try at writing a pattern, hope someone can use it;) here is the link: http://thefrugalcrafter.wordpress.co...ochet-pattern/
Thanks for sharing your pattern, those would look great with the Tart & Tangy stamp set!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #640  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Here's a pic of the leaf chain I made.
That would make a nice border on a card!

Reply With Quote Likes