Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-02-2007, 10:14 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help with Faux embossing

I want to show my club the faux embossing that was shown in the January 2006 Stampin' Success, but for the life of me I can't get the white wheeled image anywhere close to the original wheeled image even though I think I'm lining up the seam of the wheel to the paper edge. Anyone got any hints or tricks to make this work. If I can't demo it, my club members probably won't get it either...
Thanks, Ann

my website: www.inkspiration.ca
my blog: http://inkspiration.blogspot.com/

*** Say it With Stamps Promotion on from April 1 through April 30. A selection of versatile greeting and alphabet sets at 20 percent off.
For details please go to www.inkspiration.ca or email/call me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2007, 10:33 AM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb I think I've figured something out...

OK I've kept playing and hoping at the same time that one of you brilliantly creative minds out there would have the answer already.

Here's what is working for me. I am lining the seam up with the edge of the SA handle, both times. And I am not starting at the edge of the cardstock but off it and on my scratch paper. So when I am about to wheel the white over the first colour, I set the wheel down overtop of the wheeled image, lift it up and check to see if I like the placement, make any slight adjustments to the wheel, and then wheel across my scardstock.

It seems to be working for me, so I hope it helps someone else struggling with this technique. It looks so cool when it's done right!

- Ann
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes