Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-18-2005, 08:28 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jr Legal pad, notebook, portfolios thingys

Alright ladies...
I need someone to come to my rescue yet again! I am looking for the "directions" on how to make the "Jr. Legal pad notebook protfolio thingys"...yes that's the technical term :o) They are not just the covers for the legal pads, but the portfolio you make out of the "folders" (the cheap ones that come in several different colors, and an inside pocket on each side). Your finished project is the one that has a pocket on one side and you attatch the legal pad to the other and keep it closed with a little ribbon. Gosh I hope that makes sense to someone out there.

I used to have the directions to make these. But all I can remember is that you cut the folder in half...trim it down a little and score it twice, but for the love of me I can't find the instructions anywhere. If you have the instructions/dimensions please post them or PM them to me...thanks a million!

OR....

I am trying to modify this to work to hold some stationary that I made for a friend. I cut copy paper in half (8.5 x 5.5) stamped it a little and stamped matching envies. I was thinking that I could use the basic idea of the legal pad portfolio thing and modify it to hold the paper on the legal pad side and stick the envelopes and address labels I made, as well as the postage stamps in the pocket on the other side. So....if you have something that would work better for this I'm open to suggestions. I cruised SCS for portfolio ideas, but all were for note cards and such, and since I stamped 1/2 sheets of paper they are not the right dimensions. I would appreciate all input, suggestions and directions you guys could throw my way :o) Thanks again!
**That's my sweet baby Piper in her Daddy's flight suit**
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2005, 08:41 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

I don't know if this will help but I was just looking at stamponthis.com and saw something much like what you are describing. There is a picture of it... so that might help you somehow. They sell sheets that are pre-scored and everything for you to decorate and make into these. I will provide a link of this.

http://stamponthis.com/SOT-notepadfolio.htm

I hope this helps you in some small way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2005, 11:41 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Go to http://www.stampingpro.com/ and scroll down to Notepad Cover and this will give you instructions on how to make them. I just made 3 for the kids' teachers and bus driver, and they were soooooooooooooo easy! Made matching beaded pens to go with them, too. They were a hit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2005, 01:13 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Great site, Jeanne!
~Jan #6240

"If you have not often felt the joy of doing a kind act, you have neglected much and most of all yourself." A. Neilen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2005, 04:35 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

I make holders by taking a pocket folder and folding the top half down. You can also score in at the halfway point. I then open it back up, close it, and cut a half circle out of the top only. When you open it you can then put these half circles either into the pockets or use them to hold inside any thing you place in the pockets. Of course, stamp and decorate the folder to suit the person you're making it for. I also thread a needle with ribbon and poke it through the pocket to the outside edge. That way it can be tied shut.
If that's not clear, PM me and I'll restate it for you. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2005, 06:35 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

Here's a thread with instructions for making Jr. legal pad covers using pocket folders. Not sure if that's what you're looking for. Could you post a link to the example in the Gallery?

Edit: I found 2 links which might help.

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?

Last edited by avonlea; 06-18-2005 at 07:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2005, 06:47 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

This is the one I like to use.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf jr.legalpad2download.pdf (42.1 KB, 537 views)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 01:22 PM   #8  
Inking Addict

Default still looking...

I have gotten several emails, a few files and have been pointed in the direction of more than one REALLY cool website, but alas...I have not found what I am seeking. hee hee :o) The book that I *had* the directions for did not use CS to create the portfolio, it used one half of a folder (the kind that usually run about 25 cents and come in several different colors). You cut the folder in half and then you trim it down a little, score it, and trim the existing pocket (on the inside of the folder) to make a smaller pocket for your portfolio. Then you decorate the front with CS that has been stamped and use some ribbon to keep it closed. I'm not sure if that's any better of an explanation than what I gave before, but I thought I'd take another shot at it. Anywho...I DO want to thank all the gals that sent me info, b/c I did get several other good ideas from what they sent, but unfotunately I'm still looking for the directions using a folder, not CS. Off I go to search the internet some more...it has to be out there somewhere...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 02:56 PM   #9  
Watercolor Wizard

I think i have that pattern or a pic of it somewhere let me look and i will post back in a bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 09:00 PM   #10  
Inking Addict

Default Ta Da....Mystery solved!

I finally located (or was told where to locate) the mystery directions. I belong to a Yahoo group and that is where I got the directions the first time, but couldn't find them on the site for the love of me. Anywho...I posted and aksed...and the wonderful gal you originally posted the directions told me where to find them...Thanks be to Connie Stewart! I asked her if I could share her directions here and she is a SCS junkie too, so here they are.

**Now remember these are made with folders not CS and you get 2 covers/portfolios from each folder. I like these b/c I think the material that the folder is made of is a little heavier duty than CS. And if you keep and eye out around Sept. when all the back to school stuff goes on sale you can get them dirt cheap! I bought several pkgs. (12 to a pkg 2 each of 6 colors) for anywhere from $1 to .83 cents a package (depending on which Target I went to). I hope you guys get a chance to try these out...and thanks again for all the help with all the other leads I got for other projects I will be busy for quite sometime :o)

JR. LEGAL PAD COVERS WITH POCKET

MATERIALS (makes 2 notebooks):

(1) 2-pocket folder (2) Jr. legal pads
24� of wide organdy ribbon Mono Adhesive
Deco scissors Stamps and ink
Paper trimmer(having a scoring balde helps)

- Cut the 2-pocket folder in half on the factory fold line so you have 2 separate pieces of the folder - each with a pocket on it.

- Trim it down to 8 1/4" x 10 3/4". Save the scraps!

- Take the scrap piece and cut it to 3/4" x 5". Attach this piece to the top of your legal pad to cover up any logo that may appear (tacky, tacky to leave it showing!)

- Turn the folder so that the pocket is on the right or left (depending on which side of the folder you are using - each one will be different. The pocket will now be vertical. Score at 5 1/4" and 5 1/2" (this will be your "binding edge" for your legal pad to fit into.

- Stamp the front cover OR if you want to use layers, attach ribbon* first. To make a layer, cut paper to 5� x 8� and trim with deco scissors. Stamp and tape onto the front of your notebook.

-Inside you will want to trim the pocket at an angle. This looks great done with deco scissors! You now have a pocket for your papers to go in to!

- Tape the Jr. Legal Pad to the other side making sure it fits into your scored lines nicely.

*Ribbon should be cut to 24" long. Wrap it around the middle so that it will tie on the side. If you are using layers, add a piece of tape to secure the ribbon in place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2005, 05:27 AM   #11  
Watercolor Wizard

So glad you found it i did find the link of a pic of one but could not find the directions and the pic is not the same one i was thinking of but it is pretty darn cute;)

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by stampinani; 06-20-2005 at 05:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2005, 07:34 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

bumping so I can subscribe and save the directions ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 03:01 PM   #13  
Glitter Queen

Thanks for these directions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 07:15 PM   #14  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyL2648
This is the one I like to use.

THIS LINK CAUSES SERIOUS DOWNLOAD PROBLEMS!!!
Reply With Quote Likes