Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-08-2006, 11:48 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prismacolor Pencils -- 132-pencil set???

Well (sigh) . . . I, like many others, have caught the Gamsol Magic bug thanks to the artful creations / AWESOME tutorial by princessink!

After reading through some threads on the subject of "how many" pencils to buy, it seems that there is a set of 132?? But I don't find any place online that carries a 132-pencil set--the largest I have seen is 120.

Anyone know where to get it??

Thanks,
Deb
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2006, 12:08 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just bought a Prisma set of 120 on ebay for $53. Some sellers throw in with the 120, the new 12 colors in a little box by itself, but then you have to pay more (which I didn'twant to do) and there weren't many available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

If you're hoping for the pencils to match the SU colors...some of those may NOT be in the 120 pc set. If you got the neon colors which are now discontinued, there maybe some of the new additions in 2005 that are SU colors. I bought my 120 on Ebay really cheap too and had the neon colors. I like and will use them but ended up ordering the ones to complete my SU chart. You can order these from McCallister's Art Supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 11:10 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottiejdavis
I just bought a Prisma set of 120 on ebay for $53. Some sellers throw in with the 120, the new 12 colors in a little box by itself, but then you have to pay more (which I didn'twant to do) and there weren't many available.
There are two sets of 12 new colors. The first set, which is in the little box by itself, is what replaced the neon colors in the box of 120. The second set of 12 new colors is what bumps the 120 up to 132. I have not seen the 2nd set available yet (although someone here posted which colors they are with their numbers.) either in a box or individually. I was in the big Dick Blick store in Chicago over the weekend and they hadn't heard of the newest set. They're not on their website yet either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 12:03 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Rubbernecker,

So if I went to the store today (or on ebay or online) to buy a set of 120 pencils, how would I know if it contained the 12 colors that replaced the neon colors or whether I would need to buy the replacement colors separately?

And the newest 12 "additional" colors are not yet available, right?

I'm obviously easily confused. LOL :confused:

Thanks to all for responding to my question!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 12:18 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

This thread should help:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

If you read to the end, it lists the new 2006 colors (in the 132 box). Your box should tell you which colors are in it (assumes you're looking at in a store or can speak to someone at the store.)to tell you if you have the 120box with the Neons in it or if it has been updated. I would assume that most boxes haven't been updated.

Palapala had to go to Prismacolor.com to find this info on the new 2006 colors.

HTH, Julie

ETA: I have not seen the new 2006 colors available anywhere individually or in a set of 12 (like the 2005 colors are). I've looked online and in a couple of stores. Right now it appears they're only in the box of 132 and I've only seen that at the Prismacolor site (and I don't think they sell to the public.)

E(again)TA: why is it I only want the colors I don't have? and am obsessed about them until I do have them? I only JUST finished sharpening my box of 120 and haven't touched most of them and yet I'm obsessed about these newest 12 colors.

And don't even get me started on H2O's! :rolleyes:

Last edited by Rubbernecker; 06-09-2006 at 12:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 02:06 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Julie,

Thanks for the additional info and the link!

I know what you mean about being obsessed w/the colors you don't have because I am that way with everything!! I fret and fret about something I think I need and then once I have it, I'm on to something else--it just never ends. LOL :rolleyes:

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 05:14 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debbie Do
Julie,

Thanks for the additional info and the link!

I know what you mean about being obsessed w/the colors you don't have because I am that way with everything!! I fret and fret about something I think I need and then once I have it, I'm on to something else--it just never ends. LOL :rolleyes:

Deb
You are truly my soul-sister! :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2006, 03:04 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Default new Prismacolors

There is a set of 12 new Prismacolor Pencils. I have the set of 120 as well as the new set (comes in a nice tin).

I printed the color chart a couple of weeks ago and just this week filled in all the pencil and marker colors.

There are colors from the new set of 12 on the chart. Therefore, you definitely *need* them -- what good is a chart with missing colors?

Dick Blick (www.dickblick.com) has them, as well as many other art supply stores and outlets. They're nice colors, on the pastel side.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Default Prismacolor Pencils Follow-Up Question

I've been doing some research on where to buy my pencils at the best price. . . . I decided against ebay because both my husband and I have had bad experiences with ebay purchases.

I bought the new-color set of 12 at Michael's for $15--of course, it wasn't coupon day so no savings there. I was afraid that if I didn't buy them then and there, they'd be gone on Sunday once the coupon came out. And they won't give you the $$ off after the fact--I asked. ;) As it turns out, their sale paper advertised PC pencils for 25% off, which means I couldn't have used the coupon anyway. But I digress. . . .

In looking for the 120-pencil set, I found that neither Joann's, Hobby Lobby, or Michael's in my neck of the woods sells it. I found sets of 12, 24, 48, 72 but no 120.

I finally found the 120 at Office Depot for $99 and change (the same set on their website is $117!). I asked about using competitor coupons and they said they'll only accept coupons from other office supply stores.

At Dick Blick's on line the set is $82 and change, but once you add in shipping, the savings is less than $5 (not that I would pass up savings in ANY amt.!)

I REALLY AM getting to my follow-up question . . . I promise! LOL! In looking around this forum yesterday, I found some old posts from '05 that talked about Viking and some sort of code that amounted to BIG savings. What's that all about and is it still available??

Thanks in advance for your help!

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 10:18 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Deb, that Viking code is a thing of the past, sorry! Viking has been purchased by Office Depot (I think) and none of their good codes work anymore. Good luck with your quest! If you find someplace that has the NEW-new (2006) colors available individually or as a set of 12, please let me know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 10:22 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Rubbernecker, I was able to pick up the new colors individually at a local craft store. The Prisma display listed what the new color names were and I just chose what I wanted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 10:44 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Julie,

Too bad about the code! I'm always a day late and a dollar short. :rolleyes:

The 12-pencil set I got at Michael's has a sticker on the front that says "12 New Colors!" They are: Beige Sienna, Chestnut, Chocolate, Putty Beige, Ginger Root, Peach Beige, Sky Blue Light, Powder Blue, Muted Turquoise, Pale Sage, Kelp Green, Green Ochre. Total Price w/tax was $16.77, but if you go anytime from June 11-17 (as per Michael's sale flyer), Prismas are 25% off.

I DO hope that these are the newest, new colors. LOL

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 11:21 AM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Debbie, those are the "old" new colors that replaced the neons in the 120 set (see thread referenced above). But who cares! They're great colors!

The "new" new for 2006 (that don't replace anything but extend the line from 120 to 132) are:

After visiting Prismacolor.com, I found the new colors for 2006!! They have a new 132 set listed. If my reviewing of all their colors are right here are the latest colors:

Nectar PC1092
Seashell Pink PC1093
Sandbar Brown PC1094
Black Raspberry PC1095
Kelly Green PC1096
Moss Green PC1097
Artichoke PC1098
Espresso PC1099
China Blue PC1100
Denim Blue PC1101
Blue Lake PC1102
Caribbean Sea PC1103

(according to Palapala, who originally posted the list.) Novell, are these what you found in the store? When I went to Dick Blick store they had the individual ones but not these (I didn't have the list with me then but I remembered some of the numbers.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 11:57 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Rubbernecker, No, dang it! I didn't know about these! Drat! Have to go back out hunting....it never ends! Been searching for that Grafix stuff locally and can't find it, either! Will probably have to order it online somewhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 01:07 PM   #16  
Mad Swapper

I am SUCH a dope! I just re-read the thread that Julie posted the link to and it very cleary outlines the colors and explains the new "replacement" colors versus the new "additional" colors.

I guess I got SO excited when I saw the "new colors" sticker that I lost my head. LOL Oh well . . . it's back to Michael's tomorrow to return them. Glad I didn't open 'em!

Deb

Last edited by Debbie Do; 06-13-2006 at 01:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 01:29 PM   #17  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubbernecker
E(again)TA: why is it I only want the colors I don't have? and am obsessed about them until I do have them? I only JUST finished sharpening my box of 120 and haven't touched most of them and yet I'm obsessed about these newest 12 colors.

And don't even get me started on H2O's! :rolleyes:
LOL!!! I am SO that way about the H20's! Fortunately, I started collecting/hoarding them fairly early in their release, so I've been able to keep up without too much wallet pain at one time. However, that hasn't been the case with the Prisma's. I'm sure that I'll eventually be getting the 132-count set when I see it available for a deal. I do have the gamsol! :cool: :-D
Linda

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 05:54 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

See...it's all about the colors (and stamps!) we DON'T have... :rolleyes:

Happy hunting everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 05:59 PM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I am SUCH a dope! I just re-read the thread that Julie posted the link to and it very cleary outlines the colors and explains the new "replacement" colors versus the new "additional" colors.

I guess I got SO excited when I saw the "new colors" sticker that I lost my head. LOL Oh well . . . it's back to Michael's tomorrow to return them. Glad I didn't open 'em!

Deb
Deb, before you return them, check your box of 120's! If it's a box that had been on the shelf for a while, it may still have the "discontinued" colors in it (these include the "Neons" #1035, 36, 37, 38, 39), in which case you NEED the set you just bought. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 06:05 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Kansas--but I am a true Wisconsinite (Married a Kansan!)
Default Coupons

Quote:

Deb
Did you know that Michael's accepts Joanne's coupons? Joanne's accepts other vendors coupons also.
Hobby Lobby has the 132 colors where I live.
Also, www.rexart.com still sells the discontinued deco yellow Prismacolor pencil everyone wants for SU Barely Banana. They want 88 cents a pencil.
�..� ���)) -:�:-
�.�� .����))
((��.�� ..�� -:�:-
-:�:- ((��.��*Jeannie
.. �...� . . __/ /\ ___________
,��� o`�, /__/ _/\_ //_______/\
```)�(���|||||| | |||l ����| |
�,.-���� �,.-�~�~�-.,� `���-. :��
. . .but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. -Joshua 24:15
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 06:38 PM   #21  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Deb, before you return them, check your box of 120's! If it's a box that had been on the shelf for a while, it may still have the "discontinued" colors in it (these include the "Neons" #1035, 36, 37, 38, 39), in which case you NEED the set you just bought. Good luck!
Actually, I don't have the 120s yet . . . I'm just getting started w/the Prismas--that's why I'm SO confused. :???:

After re-reading the link you had previously posted for me, I called Dick Blick's and asked them if the 120s that they are selling included neons or "new" colors. They said they aren't carrying any more sets w/the neons. So. . . IF I order from them, I won't need the set I just bought.

Quote:

Did you know that Michael's accepts Joanne's coupons? Joanne's accepts other vendors coupons also.
Hobby Lobby has the 132 colors where I live.
Also, www.rexart.com still sells the discontinued deco yellow Prismacolor pencil everyone wants for SU Barely Banana. They want 88 cents a pencil.
Jeannine, I didn't know that they would accept one anothers' coupons--thanks for the tip. I wish MY Hobby Lobby carried the big set.

I like the biblical quote in your signature line . . . I have a sign on my wall that says that.

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2006, 10:22 AM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Just an update. I was searching for an online source for grafix and checked each place for Prismacolor prices at the same time.

http://www.artsuppliesonline.com/cat...m?cata_id=1480 has pretty competitive prices right now. The 120 set is $88.57 and the NEW 12 are $9.04. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 02:45 PM   #23  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hi,

Wish I had found this thread several weeks ago I could have probably saved you some time.

The latest 12 new colors that will complete the set of 132 will not be out for sale until Aug 15. I went crazy reading the threads about the new color and when I couldn't find a place that carried them including my local art supply store I called Sanford. The lastest 12 sets which include colors: Seashell, Nectar, Sandbar, Black Raspberry, etc are not available now neither is the set of 132 which will also contain the latest colors.

Visit my gallery: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=23807
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 07:55 PM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks to all of you who did so much research. I guess I'll wait until 8/15. I love using the (few) colors I have -"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 06:13 PM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Actually, I don't have the 120s yet . . . I'm just getting started w/the Prismas--that's why I'm SO confused. :???: Deb
It is too bad you had a bad ebay experience because they really are the best price there. I've had about 150 ebay purchases and only one that was bad. Maybe you should try again.

I got the replacement set of colors off ebay a couple of weeks ago and absolutely LOVE them! Great greens, blues, and flesh tones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 08:25 PM   #26  
Crimping Master

Try Jerrysartarama.com for prismas, the 12 new 2006 colors are 10.99
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2006, 02:16 PM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

Which Hobby Lobby & Michael's do you shop, Deb? I'm in Conifer and run around Denver a lot. I've found some stores have better selections than others. Also, do you know H. R Meininger's? They've been around Denver for about a hundred years and really have a great selection of art products. Sometimes expensive and surprisingly, sometimes as reasonably priced as the craft stores.
Reply With Quote Likes