Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-15-2004, 09:02 AM   #1  
bph
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wine charms & bracelets

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had instructions on how to make both wine charms and bracelets. I am offering a workshop to make both, and am uncertain on how to do them. I have jump rings, beverage rings, and the bracelets, and I just ordered the beads from SU! I sort of put the cart before the horse in this case! :oops: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michele
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 01:46 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Hi Michelle,
I think this would be a perfect use of PolyShrink! You can stamp and color in a simple image & it will shrink to ~ 40% of the original size. Make sure you punch a hole using a 1/4 or 1/8 inch punch BEFORE heating. Attach the "Shrinky Dink" charm to a circle of wire (aternate beads for more decoration) & VOILA!
HTH
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 03:51 PM   #3  
bph
Glitter Queen

Default wine charms & bracelets

Thanks a bunch! I figured it was that easy, but just wanted some input from others!

Thanks again,
Michele
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 10:11 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Not only can you make wine charms with the polyshrink, you can make zipper pulls. You can see examples of both on my website http://stamponthis.com . I have link on my bulletin board to both of these projects.

Annette
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 10:29 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I also attach them to hair bands. When my family comes over we have 14 kids and many unclaimed cans of pop laying around. I got sick of wasted soda. Now when they come they pick one out and we & they know who's pop is whose.
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 06:42 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motherof6
I also attach them to hair bands. When my family comes over we have 14 kids and many unclaimed cans of pop laying around. I got sick of wasted soda. Now when they come they pick one out and we & they know who's pop is whose.
That is a GREAT idea! I have a new project awaiting me! Thanks for the tip.

Annette
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 07:00 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I am using E6000 to glue them to push pin for bulletin boards and am also attaching them to brads to use on a swing tag.

Have fun with polyshrink!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 07:13 AM   #8  
bph
Glitter Queen

Default ec6000

Hi,

Where do you get EC6000 glue? Also, I tried the polyshrink for the first time yesterday, and the Stayzon ink ran, so you really could tell what the stamp was. Do I need to sand more on the sheet? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michele
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 04:11 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

I also use Crystal Effects to attach the charm to a button cover to "spruce up" a white shirt.
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 05:42 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Where can I buy the wine charm rings (holders).?
Michaels has stopped carrying them (at least the one in Harrisburg has)

Any suggestions!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 05:49 PM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

This is the bracelet instruction sheet I pass on to my customers... Wine charms are just as simple, just remember to punch a hole with your 1/8" circle punch before shrinking for your jump ring.

PolyShrink Bracelets

1. If you use Stazon ink pads you do not need to sand the PolyShrink. Craft pads will work though they are not as bright. You just need to try out each color and sand the PolyShrink using fine sandpaper to see if that helps.
2. Cut as close to the stamped image as possible because excess PolyShrink will show.
3. If you decide to chalk the PolyShrink, know that the color darkens as it shrinks. To get a light pastel color, you need to put very little chalk onto the PolyShrink.
4. Put the trimmed pieces onto a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil. You don’t have to leave every much space between each piece.
5. Bake the PolyShink at 350 degrees for about 3 minutes. You can use your oven or toaster oven. And, you may also use the embossing heat gun, however, you can only shrink one item at a time. (Temperatures may vary, if the oven isn’t hot enough the PolyShrink will not shrink.)
6. Once the pieces have finished shrinking, tap them lightly with a spatula to flatten them down as much as possible. Depending on your design, you may need to “uncurl�? your piece; this is best done right away while still very hot.
7. After the pieces are cool, use the Zig Painty (gold or silver tip) on the edge to give the piece a more finished and expensive look. You may have to go around the edge more than once to get the right amount of color.
8. Once the edge is dry, glue to the bracelet using super glue (or Crystal Effects).
9. Finish by applying Crystal Effects to give the pieces that shiny tile look. Apply Crystal Effects by squeezing a small drop on the top and spreading it around gently on the top using the tip of the bottle, squeezing out a little more if necessary. Be sure to go to the edge of your piece but do not let the Crystal Effects run over the side and be careful not to rub the surface of the piece because it might smear the ink. Look for air bubbles; use a needle or the bottle tip to get rid of them before letting it dry. It will take 12-24 hours to dry.
10. You can add beads to your bracelet. If you do, it is much easier to add them using needle nose pliers before you attached the pieces to the bracelet.
11. Have fun and enjoy experimenting with PolyShrink.

Sources: PolyShrink, Stazon pads, Zig Painty marker and Crystal Effects were all purchased from Stampin’ Up!

Bracelets were purchased from www.eloxite.com under browse products, bracelets, linked, and choose the second one down. They are generally $1.29-1.40 each and you will get a discount if you purchase them by the dozen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2004, 04:37 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

you can get the wine charm rings in the "jewelry" making section of Michael's, ACMoore, WalMart.... Look for the wires that are used for hoop earrings...

I lost my mom to Lymphoma...I walk so others don't have to....Please sponsor me and help find a cure...http://pages.lightthenight.org/snj/C...ylis-Bleistine
Reply With Quote Likes