Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All In One Printer Recommendations

Does anyone have an all in one printer that handles cardstock without any problems? I have to have one that will fax as I've gotten use to having only one piece of equip in here besides my computer. Now I can have my Genesis trimmer on the same desk. Anyway, my Epson CX5800 has to continually have the heads cleaned and that uses a ton of ink. In fact I think I've about worn the heads down because it is now leaving a fine spray of black in at the corners. Doesn't someone have an All in one that they use cardstock with and love?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
I've been using a Lexmark 4300 printer. It's an all in one, with the important to me feature of being a flatbed scanner. Works great, prints on cardstock (don't stuff the feed tray though). Ink cartridges are around $30 each and they seem to last reasonably well. I don't print photo's, I send those to Costco, it's easier and cheaper.

Good Luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an HP officejet. I've used georgia pacific 110lb, SU whisper white and 80lb watercolor paper with it and had no problems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Heres a suggestion. Take the cardstock with you normally would use and try it out in the printer you are interested in. Alot of times stores do demos for you if you ask. Why not try it? then you will know. I like my HP C5180 all in one. they of course have a newer one. I like the individual ink cartidges because we use less ink and can contol with the properties tab how much ink we go through.
Shelley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 02:33 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I just bought the new HP Photosmart Premium a few weeks ago (got a heck of a deal from Staples), was hopeful that it would print on cardstock but not holding my breath. I haven't had it long enough to really get down and dirty with it, but today I DID easily print on a full sheet of SU white cardstock. I am definitely a happy camper!

please visit my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 03:57 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

I have an HP officejet as well. I love that it has a flatbed scanner and the ink is really easy to change. It's also nice that each ink is separate, so when you run out of one color, you don't have to change them all, just that one. We have had ours well over a year and just finally had to change the yellow, and have only had to change the black once. The HP ink cartridges are a little more expensive, but you can get remanufactered ones for under 15 that work as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 05:35 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I have a Canon Pixma MP530 and I LOVE it!!! I also have 3 Epsons, including a wide format, but they are not all in ones. Prior to purchasing the Canon, I read tons of consumer reviews. When you find one you like, go to Amazon or Cnet and read the consumer reviews!

Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 07:39 AM   #8  
Inking Addict

I am also looking to replace my printer...I have a Lexmark...a cheaper model, and it goes through ink like crazy and you can only replace it at Best Buy, so it is really inconvenient. The quality isn't that great, either.

I am looking for something that will print nicely on cardstock, and that I can also print photos with.

Recommendations would be much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 08:05 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

I have an HP 4380 that I want to replace. I've only used cardstock in it a few times, but the printer is a big hassle. It is a network printer and not attached to a computer. It won't be recognized after the drivers are updated so I am constantly needing to add the printer again. I there are days I can scan from it and sent it to my laptop, but most of the time I can't. I don't know if you were looking for a network printer or not, but wanted to warn you to stay away from this one! I will be replacing it soon - and not with another HP! Oh, and the HP driver has caused a problem with Microsoft office. When I close a word document it says word has crashed and will be reopening. This has been going on for longer than I can remember and the "solution" that has been told to me was to set a different printer as my default and select the printer everytime I need to print. Needless to say, a crashing office is less of a hassle since it only crashes after it's been closed with everything saved.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just yesterday ordered this one: Canon PIXMA MX860 Wireless All-In-One Photo Printer It took me 5 days to decide which one I wanted. I searched on this website and read many reviews on amazon and canon websites. It's replacing my 1 year old HP Photosmart C7280 (I think). The HP still works, but not one bit on colored cardstock!! The last straw was teacher gifts last week, You wouldn't believe how much Baja Breeze cardstock that got ruined by the printer jamming. That Baja Breeze is important stuff!! It matched my Parisian Breeze DSP so we musn't waste it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to bring my HP to work until we move next year because I have no room for it at home. And I don't think I can sell it for much and it's heavy so it'd be a b**ch to ship. The key thing with the Canon printer is that it has 2 ways to feed paper in, the tray on the bottom I assume runs the paper through the rollers (that's why the HP had problems), and there's a direct feed tray/spot on the back (this is where I will feed cardstock through). So there's my story. I will have more info after I receive the printer and get hands on experience.
My Stampin' Up! site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 10:58 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a Canon PIXMA iP6000D and need to replace it. NOT happy about it. I LOVE this printer but my scanner broke and it's hard to find just a scanner. :( I love the fact that I just replace each color, too. Better than replacing all the others that aren't empty. JMO
Glad to know about that other Canon, Pam.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #12  
Glitter Queen

I also have a Canon MP 530 which is a great printer/fax/scanner and it handles cardstock without a problem. I've had it about a year.

Good luck in finding a multi-function machine.

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #13  
Forum Fanatic

Received 166 Likes on 142 Posts

I have a Canon MX700 Printer/Scanner/Fax/Copier that I've had for two years now and I love it! I've had other brands of printers and all-in-ones and Canon is the best! I've had no problems printing on cardstock and it prints photos beautifully!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #14  
Embossing Fanatic

I have an HP6480 All in One. I have always had HP prducts in the house. I use cardstock in it all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #15  
Inking Addict

After reading review after review after review, I went to the office supply, card stock in hand. I took my own SD card with a pirce of clip art, a photo of a rose and a letter loaded on it. I took 110 lb linen card stock. I went from printer to printer to printer. An employee quickly came to help. I explained I had to have a printer that would handle card stock and I wanted crisp photos, clip art and letters. Oh, I also have to use an All in One printer. The Epson Artisan 800 wasn't fond of the heavy card stock but hand feeding one sheet at a time worked and the color was lovely. The HP Photosmart Premium worked great and had unbelievable colors and detail. One of the Cannon's did quite well but was quite slow too. I also tried the Epson Workforce 500 just because I'd read good things about it. It handled the card stock well and had very good color but not quite as bright as the HP. I then brought all my prints home with me. I, just with my wet hand, got a tiny bit of water on them to see how the ink did. I was set on the HP until that point. Huge water spots and the ink actually ran. I was sick, I really wanted that printer. I bought the Epson Workforce 500. The color is 9 out of 10 but 10 out of 10 for staying put! And, best part, it was $79 instead of $349 for the HP so I have crafting money leftover!
Reply With Quote Likes