Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-27-2014, 05:18 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 385 Likes on 208 Posts

the only gift I got was a framed photo of my youngest DD, son-in-law and grandkids. She also sent a few other photos.
DH and I don't usually buy for each other especially since I am the only one working.
DH wanted to buy me a Pandora bracelet with the charms and beads - build your own, but when I found out that it would be $500 or more to complete it - I said NO! for that much money it better be real gold and diamonds!
DH and I did go to Michael's and Hobby Lobby today - I picked up a few things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2014, 05:54 AM   #42  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DH and our youngest surprised me with a stuffed white buffalo with a graduation cap and a Santa hat. It's the high school mascot for your DD's high school and I've wanted one for the last 4 years. They bought it for me since I finally have a job with a desk and I can take it to work. I love it. I also got the one year subscription to Cricut so I won't have to buy cartridges. Now to spend more time making cards and such instead of shopping.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2014, 07:22 AM   #43  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

My SIL got me a $100 gift card for Michaels' and another friend got me an unexpected one for $30, so I went on Saturday when they had 30% off all regular priced items...now ask me what the heck I am going to do with all that pretty paper/card I got...to add to mountains I already had..but I am super excited about it lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2014, 02:38 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 298 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
No because my husband will only buy me things we can get locally, and we only have a walmart and a home depot. I like doing DIY projects so I usually ask for something from home depot. I guess that's sort of crafty. This year I asked for an oscillating saw. lol. And some more clamps.

I did buy myself a MISTI though.
You are a girl after my own heart! When DH asks what I want for whatever occasion, the answer is usually something like a Dremel or paint for the kitchen. I really, really wish he'd buy me a scroll saw. I sold mine waaaay back in 1994 and have been wanting to replace it ever since. He should, by rights, buy me an entire set of drill bits and screwdrivers and a new circular saw - he stole mine!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #45  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,934 Likes on 2,199 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
You are a girl after my own heart! When DH asks what I want for whatever occasion, the answer is usually something like a Dremel or paint for the kitchen. I really, really wish he'd buy me a scroll saw. I sold mine waaaay back in 1994 and have been wanting to replace it ever since. He should, by rights, buy me an entire set of drill bits and screwdrivers and a new circular saw - he stole mine!
I got a studfinder one year! I love tools!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2014, 11:36 PM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I didn't want anything crafty for Xmas. I got the sweetest gift in the world. I got a craft knife. The person that gave me this craft knife usually misses my gifts by five continents. Nothing I ever receive is my personality. To receive a craft knife from her this year was the best present. She said to me "I know how much you love your craft knives." Aaaaw. So sweet. She also gave me a My Little Pony coloring book. That was perfect too. I love my coloring books. Die Cuts galore! It's like a Cricut cartridge in a book. I am actually going to color in this book.

I got money to buy art supplies. My sweet DH gave me money for Xmas and told me I have to buy frivolous things with it. I am not allowed to be responsible. In my real life I am famed for having a practical streak a mile long. Now, I have to think of something frivolous to buy. I have no idea.

My DH got me over two dozen puzzle books so I can do my puzzle books while I craft.

I also got a dog bone. It's actually my dogs but it keeps ending up in my studio for some reason. I guess it's mine.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2014, 04:28 AM   #47  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,934 Likes on 2,199 Posts

Quote:

LOL. Last Mother's day I got the Mother of all DIY tools. A sliding miter saw. :mrgreen: The previous birthday I got a Ryobi air nailer. One of the first gifts he ever gave me was a scroll saw but I never did get the hang of it. I should try it again.

btw this is my favorite stud finder: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001IIJY8C/ but I use it in conjunction with the type that detects density. Just to be extra sure :-P Plus it has a built in level. 8-)
Cool! No batteries needed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2014, 02:42 PM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 298 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

LOL. Last Mother's day I got the Mother of all DIY tools. A sliding miter saw. :mrgreen: The previous birthday I got a Ryobi air nailer. One of the first gifts he ever gave me was a scroll saw but I never did get the hang of it. I should try it again.

btw this is my favorite stud finder: Biary Innovations MSFL-T1003 Magic Stud Finder Plus with free Steel Ruler and 3 Targets included - Stud Finders And Scanning Tools - Amazon.com but I use it in conjunction with the type that detects density. Just to be extra sure :-P Plus it has a built in level. 8-)
So where was this amazing little studfinder tool when we were setting all of our kitchen cabinets two summers ago? It would have saved a lot of swearing (on my husband's part, of course - I'm too dainty to curse...) :rolleyes:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 04:40 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I usually purchase all my own crafting supplies, because I know exactly what I want, and am willing to search around in stores and online to find the best prices.

But this year, I received a really nice unexpected gift from one of my grown granddaughters. I was very touched by the fact that she gave it the thought, and took the time to go to Michaels and buy a pack of Recollections cute polka dot cardstock in assorted colors, and a coordinating pack of solid papers.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 05:43 PM   #50  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
One year I asked for a table saw. I let DH use it to build my paper shelving.;)

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 10:37 AM   #51  
Matboard Maniac

my son surprised me and got me cardstock, that is huge. Hubby bought me a snowflake cartridge for my fiskar advantedge (sp) I had gotten the tool on clearance for $14 had been $50 so wanted some borders for it, now I have four that is enough. Love it. I usually don't get crafty things for Christmas as I buy want I want all year, but since I retired I am not doing that so much.........need to use what I have, don't we all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 06:42 PM   #52  
Matboard Maniac

My husband got me a Big Shot, some Neenah cardstock, Spectrum Noir markers, Bella stams and MS punches. He understands me! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 06:44 PM   #53  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I got my husband some new tools for Christmas. He was like a kid in a candy store!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 07:31 PM   #54  
Insane Embellisher

Tools are cool, whether for the kitchen, workshop or craft room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlFridayView Post
I got my husband some new tools for Christmas. He was like a kid in a candy store!
Reply With Quote Likes