Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-14-2007, 06:28 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Shot ALWAYS on Sale @ JoAnns.com!

I'm totally bummed! JulieHRR has "convinced" me ;) that I should get a Big Shot vs. a CuttleBug. I want to use my Fiskars embossing plastic plates with it. Plus I can use the CuttleBug folders with the Big Shot, so no worries there!

But JoAnns only offers the Big Shot online and it's ALWAYS on sale! Now...the CuttleBug I could get for 50% off, spending only $45 on it (more $$$ for folders) or have to pay the "sale" price of $89.99 for the Big Shot (which is the REGULAR price of the CuttleBug!), and I still have to buy the BISK and the BSMP for it, so spending another $35. It's KILLING me! The Michael's close to me didn't have the Big Shot, so maybe I'll wait and check the big one in Long Beach first. Does anyone know if Michael's CARRIES the Big Shot @ all?!?

Well....off to get ready for church instead of pondering this anymore!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 06:40 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

The latest coupon I got from Joann (this morning) excludes all die-cut machines and accessories. The days of outstanding deals on these machines may be over until the excitement wears off and they stand on the store shelves a while.

Good luck with your search.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 06:42 AM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Well if it is truly ALWAYS on sale, you could file a complaint (but I don't know with whom (maybe the FTC)... or if it applies in your state)

A few years back, Kohl's was sued for misleading advertising by having everything on sale all the time. They essentially got a fine and a slap on the wrist, but the ruling was that if it's on sale more than x% of the time, then that is the actual price of the item. I don't know if it changed anything though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 06:55 AM   #4  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by malindaplace
The latest coupon I got from Joann (this morning) excludes all die-cut machines and accessories. The days of outstanding deals on these machines may be over until the excitement wears off and they stand on the store shelves a while.

Good luck with your search.

Yep, at Joanns.com all die cut machines are excluded regardless of if they are on sale or not. Hopefully you can find a deal elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 07:04 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I don't believe Michaels carries the big shot. I've been to stores all over Washington and California and have never seen them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 07:07 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

The only store I know of that carries the Big Shot in the store is Archiver's. That's a major bummer about Joann's and their coupon -- that whole thing just stinks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 07:07 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn
Yep, at Joanns.com all die cut machines are excluded regardless of if they are on sale or not. Hopefully you can find a deal elsewhere.
This is strange. I also got my JoAnn coupon yesterday in the mail and it says it only excludes Cricut machines! Is it different online?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 07:09 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks Girls! I guess I'll just stop whining (as much as I enjoy it!! ) and just suck it up and purchase it @ full price! I just want to make sure I'm getting the best machine for ME...and not be "Buggin'" out later!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 07:12 AM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

I think costco is out of them right now, but they often have them at a sale price.

Also- TAC sells them, and if you are a hostess you get half price items (that's a bit more than costco though)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 07:17 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Are the BISK and BSMP an absolute must when using the Big Shot? I'd like to know a little more about these if anyone can give a condensed explanation. It seems like it is a vicious circle, get this, then you need this, this and this to make it work? I'm getting more confused by the minute.

Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 07:23 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Cool

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlehmer
Are the BISK and BSMP an absolute must when using the Big Shot? I'd like to know a little more about these if anyone can give a condensed explanation. It seems like it is a vicious circle, get this, then you need this, this and this to make it work? I'm getting more confused by the minute.

Michelle
I'd like that answer too.I already have the "Bug",but I want to take it back and get the Big Shot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 07:24 AM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
This is strange. I also got my JoAnn coupon yesterday in the mail and it says it only excludes Cricut machines! Is it different online?

Yes, it's an on-line policy. I don't get it either. You'd think there would be a consistent policy for both. :rolleyes: I did read where someone was able to purchase a Cuttlebug alpha today with a 50% off coupon though. I know that previously several were unable to do it.

Side note: *normally* even when something is on sale at Joanns.com you can use your coupon codes on them. They will just take the percentage off the regular price, not the sale price. Yes, I have done it personally. LOL I got the tabletop tonic cutter that is like the SU one. It was on sale, and I was able to use my 50% coupon on it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 07:29 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
In their e-mailed coupons, there was something about going on line and typing exclusions in their search engine - the completed list of exclusions appears.

The Big Shot is not ALWAYS on sale at Joann's, but it is frequently; every two weeks or so. Their regular price is $119. Things are always changing on-line tho as I was pleasantly surprised that i a 50% off coupon was recently applied to the BISK as last month the exclusions also included the machines and accessories.

Good luck to you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 07:33 AM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Yes, it's an on-line policy. I don't get it either. You'd think there would be a consistent policy for both. :rolleyes: I did read where someone was able to purchase a Cuttlebug alpha today with a 50% off coupon though. I know that previously several were unable to do it.

Side note: *normally* even when something is on sale at Joanns.com you can use your coupon codes on them. They will just take the percentage off the regular price, not the sale price. Yes, I have done it personally. LOL I got the tabletop tonic cutter that is like the SU one. It was on sale, and I was able to use my 50% coupon on it.
Hi texasjodylynn,
it certainly looks like the coupon was great for at least two of us. i went on-line to purchase other scrapbook tools and was surprised that the coupon was applied to the bISK which happened to be the highest priced item in my cart. If I had known otherwise... Good practice would've been to enter my coupon first and tested it out. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 07:50 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

If you can only get the BS online at JoAnn's..does that mean the store doesn't have the accessories either?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 08:06 AM   #16  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinks
Hi texasjodylynn,
it certainly looks like the coupon was great for at least two of us. i went on-line to purchase other scrapbook tools and was surprised that the coupon was applied to the bISK which happened to be the highest priced item in my cart. If I had known otherwise... Good practice would've been to enter my coupon first and tested it out. :rolleyes:

I LOVE a good deal. It doesn't necessarily mean I save money though. LOL That just means I can buy MORE stuff for the same money. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 08:24 AM   #17  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I LOVE a good deal. It doesn't necessarily mean I save money though. LOL That just means I can buy MORE stuff for the same money. LOL
Ain't it the truth :rolleyes: lol
I was actually chuckling to myself and got caught by my DH who has gotten used to me sharing how much I save him because of the gals of SCS. He's runnning off to work and said, "How much are you saving me today?" Wuddda guy!

Happy Stampin'!
Can't wait to see your new stuff for this month.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 08:41 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlehmer

Michelle
I did a "Big Shot FAQs" article about this, if it is of any help to you. Located HERE.

I am glad I bought both the items for use in my Big Shot. It has made using everything else a lot easier.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 11:30 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I appreciate all your help and I think FINALLY I get it!!!

Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 03:13 PM   #20  
Crimping Master

I have only seen Big Shot and accessories at Archivers or online. It has to be a marketing stratagey. Sizzix, Big Shot and Quickutz at Archivers....Cuttlebug at Jo's and Mike's. Oh and they carry Sizzix too.
Reply With Quote Likes