Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2005, 08:21 AM   #81  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing this site! I joined the ranks of ladies who ordered one(or two!). You should get some kind of commision for promoting their template. ;)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Matboard Maniac

Default Just uploaded another card caddy

Hi. Thought you might want to see another finished card caddy. Here's the link. Hope you like it!

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Cardstock Collector

I just saw this cute project in the gallery! I think I'm going to case these and make them for Mother's Day!
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by im a stamper
I just saw this cute project in the gallery! I think I'm going to case these and make them for Mother's Day!

Don't mean to be rude, but all of your posts and gotastamp's posts are in this thread about this website. Looks to me like you are part of the company and are trying to advertise by way of posting here. Why not purchase advertising space with SCS instead?
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinMelis
Don't mean to be rude, but all of your posts and gotastamp's posts are in this thread about this website. Looks to me like you are part of the company and are trying to advertise by way of posting here. Why not purchase advertising space with SCS instead?
LOL! Not to knock the product, because I don't have it, but when I read through this post earlier I thought MOST of the thread read like an infomercial...with some true SCS posters in between. Guess it wasn't just me.
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by nox1
LOL! Not to knock the product, because I don't have it, but when I read through this post earlier I thought MOST of the thread read like an infomercial...with some true SCS posters in between. Guess it wasn't just me.
I was thinking the exact same thing......

It may be a great product, but I'm not too keen on this type of "advertising".
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this...

Now, I want to tell you about this FABULOUS new bridge... ;)
Matboard Maniac

I posted a few projects in my gallery.

Last edited by stuckonstamping; 04-23-2006 at 09:54 AM..
Cardstock Collector

I didn't mean to sound like I was advertising. I love to make cards and get very excited when I can use templates to make gifts. Just wanted to let you all know about it. Sorry.
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuckonstamping
l
The ones that stick out to me are the 3-4 people who have ONLY posted about this product. They have no posts before or after this thread. One person in particular has 6 posts, all about this product. They don't have galleries or profiles. They must REALLY love this product to come out of lurkdom just to post about it before retreating back to whence they came.

I don't have a problem with the product (I actually ordered it myself just a little while ago) or the SCSers who posted about it. I just agreed with the another poster that some of the posts are...let's say...questionable. No offense intended towards you or anyone else.
Hardware Hotshot

This is neat. I think it's worth the money. There was a poster here, StarlitSutdio, that made her own templete when SU discontinued theirs. It's very siminlar to this one. The only major difference I can see is the sides are shorter on the plastic template. This one of StarlitStuio's will hold 6 cards and 6 envies or 12 cards. How many will the plastic one hold? I made a template out of a file folder.

Here's the link.

Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Shannon for the look at yours and the the link to the template!

Thus is such a neat idea!

Karen

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Crimping Master

I just bought one. I tried following the instructions indicated in previous posts, but I just couldn't get it :???:
It looks simple. C

http://sailingwithscissors.com
Polyshrink Goddess

OK - all of you convinced me. I just ordered 2, one for my friend also. Can't wait to try it.
Watercolor Wizard

what a great idea!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Matboard Maniac

Just wondering what glue you guys use for the quick card caddy, purse and pillow box template. I have been using the red sticky strip, but it's kind of expensive. I was thinking about the atg gun. Has anyone used this on these? Does it stick pretty well?
Kookie Creator

What enablers! I put it on my list of things to get when I get over my self imposed no buying craft stuff (except SU for some reason I can't quit that!)
Stazon Splitcoast

omigosh, I just stumbled upon this thread and that snooksandboo name sounded familiar, I went to the website and guess what I ordered this thing a long time ago, probably about the time as the original thread started but (shame!!!) have never used it! Now I must FIND it and USE it! thanks for the reminder...can't believe that I already have it...whoohoo! Jan
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuckonstampingView Post
Just wondering what glue you guys use for the quick card caddy, purse and pillow box template. I have been using the red sticky strip, but it's kind of expensive. I was thinking about the atg gun. Has anyone used this on these? Does it stick pretty well?
Hmmmm, it looks like you're bumping this up - is there a personal reason? As was mentioned before, maybe you should purchase an ad.
Stampin' Fool

Thanks you rock!

I was confused at first by the directions because I am a visual person. But I looked at the templet in the ad and using your directions figured it out. Once I figured it out it was easy to make.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yvaloveehView Post
I figured out the cuts and scores you'd make on a 12 in. cutter to make this card caddy if anyone is interested! It's really easy, and you could use the money to order one of the new color ink pads instead!

Okay, this is really simple to do, but I'm not the best at explaining things so bear with me!

1. Starting with your blade at the top of the cutter or the 11" mark on the slide, cut @ 7 1/4" (on the pullout arm ruler) on each long side - cutting only down to the 3" mark on the slide's ruler.

2. Turn the cardstock to the left and cut off these strips using the 3" mark (now on your pull out arm ruler). Note: After this step, it's easier just to take off the cutting blade, because you're done cutting. The rest is just scoring!

3. Now keep the cardstock in the same position and use the scoring blade to score along the remaining cardstock.

4. Move the cardstock 1/2" to the right, and score again.

5. Now turn your cardstock back to the original position and continue scoring along the first line you cut @ 7 1/4" (what is now the flap). You're basically just scoring at the base of the flap.

6. Move the cardstock 1/2" to the right and score again on the flap.

7. Now do the same thing on the other side to the other flap.

8. Turn the cardstock 1/2 turn to the other side and score @ the 3" mark (on the pullout arm ruler) to make your top flap.

9. This time move the cardstock 1/2" to the left to score again at 2 1/2".

10. Your almost done! Just stamp it before you assemble it!

Hope this helps! Let me know if any of this is unclear! I promise after the first or second one it gets much easier and faster! Here's another tip: Use a transparency sheet to create a permanent template!

Stampin' Fool

oops I meant template no templet........................need to start using my spell check:oops:
Matboard Maniac

Default Yes, Snooks & Boo is stuckonstamping. Please read if you get the chance.

Hi. I�ve noticed on the thread that people think I am trying to advertise for free. Please take the time to read this if you get the chance. Then if you have the time, please respond. I would like to know how other stampers really feel. Thank you!

I first stumbled upon SCS when trying to find a template to make a card holder for my handmade cards. There was nothing like it, and if someone doesn�t know about it on SCS, then it probably does not exist. I made a prototype and many of the stampers in my community wanted one. It took months to find a place to make this sort of thing for me and it was very costly, but I took the time to design it and many people wanted one, so I paid the high price for the die and the very high price per piece.
I then brought the finished product to a place where we all get together to stamp, and 67 out of 72 people bought one. It still didn�t pay for the money I had already put out, but to see everyone so interested in something I designed was very heartwarming.

Shortly after that, I did take an ad out as SCS. It was money I didn�t have, but decided that people here would probably like to know about it. The ad went over well, but still was not enough to cover my expenses. Oh well. I received many many nice complements about it. As a matter of fact, I too, thought the many nice comments sounded like an infomercial. The first one, especially, was so nicely worded and so precise. I still am very thankful to bekasmom. She loved the product and wanted you all to have the information to make the decision for yourself.

Since then, I have been putting many of my finished card caddy, pillow boxes and purse boxes in the gallery. I hope this doesn�t offend anyone in anyway. I too am just a stamper and like to be on SCS all the time. I have many questions and like to find the answers here. I love crafts and stamping is my favorite.

Unfortunately, I don�t have as much time as before Snooks & Boo. I never thought I�d be in business for myself. A very large company wanted to sell The Quick Card Caddy Template in their store. I ordered MANY templates to have all packaged and ready to sell. They never ordered them. People say, keep on them. I tried three times. I am not a pushy person by nature. Needless to say running your own business takes an awful lot of money. The time involved is crazy. I sometimes just want to stop running it so I can work more at my regular job with a regular income. I�m not a web designer or an accountant but yet I�ve spent long hours learning how to do this on my own.

So sorry that this is so long. Again I just want to say that Snooks & Boo loves SCS, and is not expecting free advertising. It is true that I cannot afford to advertise here anymore, but also cannot help the fact that many people like the product and have written about it here in this thread.

Last edited by Sereikastamper; 05-27-2007 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: removal of info
Pearl-ExPert

I don't have a prob w/the way u went about it..i ordered 2 from reading this thread.
No different than when sumone gives a site to go to for certain other items that i like and have ordered. Sites i never knew about and are not in banners here. I think it was nice of u to reply here and fill (me) in. I never said us..as i am only speaking for myself. i look forward to receiving my products..thx
loves ya

When the world says give up, hope whispers, try one more time.
Stampin' Fool

I am not connected to the company in any way. I did purchase the template for the card caddy, and will get the purse template soon. I like the template very much. I am not familiar with all the "rules", but am happy to know that you are also snooksandboo. It wouldn't keep me from buying, but I am glad to know the connection.
Glitter Queen

In response to Stuckonstamping's post - I certainly don't think that you are doing anything wrong! I admire your creativity, drive/energy & self-confidence to start your own business.
Your products are impressive and I'm thankful to the individuals who provided the posts (to inform our community) about these great templates. I have just purchased two templates and I am looking forward to the expansion of your product line. Thank you! Laurel
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 248 Likes on 132 Posts

SCS appreciates the fact that so many stampers find inspiration here for their creativity. For those who do create a new tool or template or other useful design that they would like to market/sell, SCS does offer advertising to enable your business venture to grow.

However, SCS is not intended to be a forum for general free marketing. This excerpt from our SCS Terms of Service is applicable here:
Originally Posted by from SCS Terms of Service
Advertising/Solicitation
  • You may not advertise your company, product or site in our forums or solicit customers. This includes but is not limited to your own specials, sales, open houses, stamp camps, products you sell on your website, etc.
  • Posts that are promotional in nature or contain commercial solicitations may be deleted by one of the administrators or moderators.
  • Posts that are informational in nature regarding a company or it's products are permitted.
  • Signatures may contain a maximum of 2 links to business or commercial sites as long as no promotional language accompanies the link. Referral links are not allowed.
  • Should you wish to advertise on our site, you may contact Daven Nolta at [email protected] for rates and availability.
    We sincerely appreciate the sharing and mutual enjoyment of SCS. Hopefully the guidelines as presented above will enable more members to understand the accepted ways to promote and the means of keeping our forums free of promotional language or advertising within threads themselves.

Please feel free to contact the moderators if you should have any questions. We'll be happy to help. I will be closing this thread to further posts.

~Beverly
    SCS Moderator