Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #41  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubnerView Post
I wondered if that was the issue as well. Where I work, we have an exclusive territory for a product, and we have a MAP to protect the integrity of the product and us...the small, locally owned business. Kind of the reverse of what happened with Provo Craft and WalMart. After they went to big box stores, who would pay full price at their LSS for a Cricut??
Shannan yes exactly the reverse, but this MAP, doesn't seem to work the way they intend it to.
Another interesting example of this type of policy, Bazzill did the same thing, wouldn't let reatilers sell below a certain point, trying to protect the integrity of their product, but then they turned around and sold to Joann's and Oriental Trading Company. It is kind of like talking out of both sides of your mouth when you do that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Nice. I hope they can resolve the issues with the new MAP. As I recall, when the Cricut came out, Provo did the same thing you mentioned with Bazzil...came down hard on everyone, but sold a huge shipment to WalMart/Sam's, then terminated their wholesale agreement.

Last edited by steubner; 02-20-2010 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: clarifying "same thing"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't mean to hijack but just wanted to say it's nice to see you here, Shannan. We've all been thinking about you....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 07:12 AM   #44  
Cardstock Collector

Unhappy with Service

I just want to echo what some others have said. I placed a $300 order for Copic Sketch markers on February 25th. A week later, the order is still being "processed." Carpediem, however, has already charged my credit card. Moreover, the items were listed as being "in stock" and the website said my product would ship in 3 - 5 days. Some have suggested that the delay is because the company does not keep the markers in stock and instead has to order the markers after a customer places an order. If the company has to order the markers after I place my order, then the items are not "in stock" and that is false adverstising. Moreover, the company should not charge me for the product until the order is shipped. Very frustrated and will never do business with them again. Just a warning for anyone who is considering buying from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 07:48 AM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

I have ordered from Carpe Diem twice...once when they had free shipping, and once when I ordered enough to make it worth the price difference from Oozak and Oozak was out of the colors I needed.

The first time, all was ok, but took nearly 2 weeks to get to me in Wisconsin.

The second time, they shorted me 4 markers, oddly enough the EXACT ones oozak was out of...but they just refunded the marker price and said TOUGH. They weren't in stock, they don't do backorders. But that was the whole reason I ordered from them....they said they were IN STOCK.

So...I go to oozak...love their customer service and love that I get the markers in 2-3 days at most. And free shipping on only $50 is great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

They must have everything ok now because I ordered over $100 in Sketch markers on february 26 and had them in my hands Tuesday 3/2. I have orderd just about all my copics from them with no problems. I actually appreciate their no backorder rule this way I am not waiting and waiting...JHMO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #47  
Compulsive Stamper

Just received the order I placed on 2/24 and had no problems. I know it takes about 7-10 days to get in when I place the order and that is ok for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #48  
Glitter Queen

Sorry to revive this topic, but I ordered $200 worth of Copics from carpediem.com eight days ago and my account still reads �Processing.� I contacted the company asking how long an order typically takes to process, and if the set I ordered was in stock. I have yet to hear back from them. This was silly (I will admit that) on my part, but I took some time off work to stamp with my new markers, which aren�t here! Oy! Okay, thanks for letting me vent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by drleomarvinView Post
Sorry to revive this topic, but I ordered $200 worth of Copics from carpediem.com eight days ago and my account still reads �Processing.� I contacted the company asking how long an order typically takes to process, and if the set I ordered was in stock. I have yet to hear back from them. This was silly (I will admit that) on my part, but I took some time off work to stamp with my new markers, which aren�t here! Oy! Okay, thanks for letting me vent.
I hope you get them soon! And remember, we all need a mental health day every now and then! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

I won't ever order from them just for their shipping alone. I can order from Oozak which is based in my state which means I have to pay state sales tax...and the cost is STILL cheaper then buying from carpediem because of their ridiculous shipping charges. Plus I don't like not having the option of UPS or USPS. I won't pay 12.00 in shipping for 4 markers when I know those same markers will ship for 2.00 in a bubble wrap envie. So when the shipping is added in the markers aren't really 4.87 then are well over 5.00 a piece.

I don't understand why anyone would pay that outrageous shipping fee even with a tracking number. A tracking number isn't worth 10.00 to me. That 10.00 is two more copics from HL with 40% off coupons even with tax and I end up with a 1.76 leftover.

No package that I have ever mailed nor had mailed to me ever got lost in the USPS system so I am pretty confident that whatever I order will arrive without having to pay 10.00 for a UPS tracking number. I don't know what keeps UPS in business with those prices and this economy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2010, 04:54 AM   #51  
Glitter Guru

Received 373 Likes on 222 Posts
Personally, I have never ordered from this company, so I can't comment from experience regarding their shipping and stocking policies. However, I just hate it when a company tells me that there's NO WAY they could have made a mistake or have a defective product. Baloney! If there is human involvement at all, you have the possibility of error. Even machines make errors when they aren't programmed correctly or are malfunctioning. I used to be a demo for a very popular direct sales stamp company, and they used to refuse to accept returns because they said that there was no way they could send out a defective item, since everything was inspected carefully before it was shipped. Yes, inspected by a HUMAN BEING. No one is perfect, so admit when you've made a mistake. Shame on them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2010, 05:59 AM   #52  
Glitter Queen

Update � I received an e-mail back from carpediem. It read �We are sorry for the delay. Your order will ship today.� Darn it, I wish I would have sent my e-mail sooner. Oh well, at least my markers are on their way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #53  
rch
Cardstock Collector

Ordered on march 1. Waited patiently until march 8 before email inquiry on my order. Now march 13 and no update or reply! Carpediemstore must have meant 3 - 5 week max on shipping... But if they don't even reply in weeks... I'd avoid buying from them unless you can stand to wait a month for your supplies (still hoping they get me mine before that) - had to vent, probably many others miffed by thier reported fast service
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 07:09 PM   #54  
Die Cut Diva

I've ordered from Carpe Diem a few times and other than Fed Ex ground shipping taking what feels like forever to get across the country to me, I had no problems with them.

But lately I've been ordering from oozak and will continue to. I just don't feel right giving my money to a company who thinks that they don't have to play by the rules. That's just not right in my book. I'll gladly pay $.20 more per marker to feel good about my purchase, KWIM?

My brand new blog: Tinkering With Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #55  
Compulsive Stamper

I wanna add in my 2 cents or should I say my $100 bucks since we're talking about Copics! I've had a terrible experience as well with Carpe Diem. My set of 36 markers went to someone in Texas! How did I find out you ask....I found out by receiving a call from the person in TX. How do she get my number you ask...she had all my info (from my invoice) and called me and said she had my markers. It was very sweet of this lady....but still, it doesn't make a girl feel any better about her personal info (and 'pined for' makers) being out there in someone else's hand. Well, the next day....sure enough, I got her box. Yep, the lady from TX had ordered $250+ in copics and it made the crazy transaction complete. So...I called carpe diem and they said 'oh, yes the mixup.' They basically said 'we're gonna send you each a prepaid labels so you can send the right box it to each other. The lady in TX is fine with that.' My first reaction was 'did you ask me if I was fine with it?' And yes, my credit card was charged right away. And here it is Nov 3rd...still no markers. (insert big lower lip here as I want so badly to play w my markers) and I'm still hoping the gal in TX mailed me my markers in a timely fashion. I asked carpe diem why they don't just ship me a new set and have the TX person mail the markers back to them....therefore making sure I get my product and they have a happy customer (vs. leaving my customer satisfaction up to a 3rd party) They were very blas� about it all. So, here I sit waiting and wanting my new markers. I should have just ordered from Overstock.com. They are lightening fast and shipping is $2.95.

I will never order again from them. Very, very discouraged. Should have read up more. Stampers look out for each other....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #56  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow! Karen I am sorry you had such a terrible experience. that kind of customer service, or lack of it is unacceptable. I have ordered from carpe diem several times in the past and never had any problems. However, while I still plan on ordering with them in the future, I think if I did have a bad experience I would not give them a second chance. I understand that mistakes can occur but they should be rare and the way they dealt with your problem is not a good way to run a business. There seems to be a lot of people with problems regarding the way they address complaints. I hope you plan to write a letter to the company owner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2010, 09:25 AM   #57  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by karenhollisterView Post
I will never order again from them. Very, very discouraged. Should have read up more. Stampers look out for each other....
Karen - so sorry about this mix up you experienced! But thanks for sharing your experience. After my d-e-l-a-y-e-d intial order from carpediem, I have since ordered all my Copics from oozak and have had nothing but good experiences.

I sure hope you receive your makers soon!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2010, 09:46 AM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ladies this is a little off topic but can you tell me where you are getting those plastic holders that have like an "X" divider for holding the copics? I really want one and I am going to start collecting them too. Please PM me as I might not make it back to this thread...back to the original topic...thanks all.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2010, 09:27 AM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

I want to order my first copics...can someone please provide the link for oozak? I have looked and put several markers in my cart at the carpdiem store but when I go to check out it says my cart is empty...I cant figure out why.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #60  
Kookie Creator

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

I ordered 43 Copics from Carpe Diem. I placed the order on Nov. 1st and received them on Nov. 5th. I received all that I had ordered and they were packaged very nicely. I can't say anything but good things about them...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

I found the OOZAK store..placed order for my first 25 copic sketch. They have already shipped within an hour of the order. They will be to me by the weekend...I will be ordering more here for sure.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes