Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-20-2007, 08:45 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question color difference?

Has anyone noticed a big color difference between a marker, ink pad, and a spot? A customer ordered a ruby red marker and spot and she said the colors aren't even close. I don't use spots, so I couldn't answer her question.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2007, 09:05 AM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are slight differences between classic pad, craft pad and markers. the biggest is taken with teal. i HATE the classic pad because it's nowhere near the correct color. i've tested my fellow demos' pads and they're all the same cruddy blu-ish not teal color. other than that, there are slight differences due to the formulas. most of those differences, IMO, are acceptable. but, there are those more particular people who might expect exact coordination.
i first noticed this discrepancy - if you wish to call it that - at convention when we stamped color charts. HTH!
sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2007, 09:09 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

I have noticed a difference in some colors between the classic ink pads and the markers. I haven't compared them all, but the difference between my bashful blue marker and classic pad is huge! It drives me a little crazy.

My stuff (I think I am starting to get the hang of this obsession!):
http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...00&ppuser=7739
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2007, 10:15 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

I have noticed this, but only because I stamped each of my pads and wrote on the same color paper with my markers, the fine point and the broad tip. One I saw a HUGE difference in was Real Red. I will have to go back and look at my other colors to see if I notice much of a difference after that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2007, 10:24 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,323 Likes on 2,504 Posts

I just ordered a pack of real red in the 12x12 cardstock and compared it to a pack of 8x11 that I had bought last year and they also are different. Is that true of all colors or just a difference in the dye lot?

I made 3x3 cards for a swap at a get-together and I made the tag from the front from the 8x11 and the card itself from the 12x12 and you can see the difference................................

Thanks for your help--Barb

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2007, 11:43 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Ok, so my customer could be right. I'll just tell her that it's different dye composition between the spots and the markers.

But what bothers me is that there is such a difference at all. Do any of you remember an article in SS a few years back that talked about all the care they go thru to get the dye lots consistant? I remember it being like only a 3% variance, but when I can see if with the eye, I'm thinking it's a lot more than 3%. I'm beginning to doubt that when I too can see differences between different packs of the same color of paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2007, 11:44 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

My demonstrator made all of us sample rings with all the colors of cardstock. Many of them didn't match the colors of my paper at home. Most are close, some are less close. I try to not let it bother me. :-)

I have purchased most of my inks and markers one by one over the years. (Way back when, I didn't know I would want ALL the colors! LOL) So, to keep track of what I have and what I need, I have a chart that I fill out as I get a new color. I fill out the chart by marking it with the real product, so I stamp the chart with ink from a pad, color a box with the marker, and dab a spot of reinker on the chart. In most cases, all three marks for a given color are different. I haven't added my craft spots to the chart, since I added them later (when they were on sale) and I know that I have 'em all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2007, 03:08 PM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I think the difference in colors that bugs me most is between the classic pads and the markers (and the spots!). For example, I have 3 Bliss Blue markers and all three are dramatically different colors - only one of the three "matches" the pad in that it doesn't clash with the color. And the spots!!!! Good grief, I have spots that aren't even CLOSE to the actual color of the regular classic pads. This makes absolutely no sense to me, because they should get the exact same ink as that used in the big pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

So many of us are experiencing inconsistancies. What do we tell our customers? Is this something SU should be addressing?
Reply With Quote Likes