Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #41  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven't bought a lot of Stampin Up stuff because I have so much of everything else that I try to use that up, BUT,,,, I did just this weekend buy a mixed pack of the in colour cardstock - my first coloured cardstock purchase from stampin up (I've only bought whisper white and don't like it and I'm not fussy about their stamps). I also bought the matching ink cubes to go with it. I thought I would see what the fuss it about stampin up. I've always found other products of like quality at better prices, so I guess what I'm saying is, I have enough stuff that I probably won't get around to using what I have of the in colours for a while, so I won't miss them when they're gone.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a recent SU demo, but I have to say, as a customer? TOTAL in-color hussy! Have tons of it, still use it, and don't regret any of it. The one year I tried to pick only 3 colors, I ended up buying the other 3 after they retired, no fun. Saved myself the regrets and bought all of it when it came out this year, even the ones I was not sure of or just plain didn't like, I knew they would grow on me. All it takes is one or two packs of DSP to use with them and I'm done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #43  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to have matching markers for the InColors. There's usually some gifted person on SCS who knows the Copic (or some other brand) match for them, though.

I've read of making markers with the reinkers, but that sounds like an accident waiting to happen. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #44  
Inking Addict

I love the In-Colours though It is always so painful when they discontinue the colours. I have finally found a system that works. Like many of you ladies, I always buy the assorted pack and then see which colours I use the most. This year I love all the In-Colours except Pink Pirouette (not really a fan of pink in general). I will definitely will have to stock up on Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango and Riding Hood Red. I think a couple packs of each should last me a while! ;)

Maybe they will release the older In-Colours in a couple of years! Would love to get some more Cranberry Crisp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #45  
Glitter Queen

Wow, just came across this post. I already posted my frustration with the in colors in another thread, so I best put my 2 cents worth on this thread. I have a love/hate relationship with the in colors. I love the colors and hate that they retire after a year. I think it is dumb. I wish they would just make another color family and have them available all the time. (Or at least longer than 1 year). For someone who has been a Stampin' Up! demo for years, I love most of their colors and would never get too tired of them. I have had many of my customers avoid buying the in colors for the very reason that they won't be able to replace them in the future. Yes, they can "stock up" for now, but I think Stampin' Up! would make more money throughout the year if these colors were available all the time. Just my thoughts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

I remember the last time they shook up the color families. It was NOT FUN, lol. They retired some colors and added some more. I loved the end result, but the process of getting there was horrible. Seriously.

The In-Colors program allows SU to offer new colors on a rotating basis based on fashion's "must have" colors for the coming year. Yes, there are some I'd love to still be able to buy. Mostly the ones that I still have patterned paper with those colors. Still, as somebody mentioned a few posts back, in my experience I don't tend to go back and use them. I always go for the new colors.

I don't see this as being any different than when I find scrapbook paper I love. I found some really cool stuff for my teenage boy...rare because he doesn't do the normal team type activities. I learned the hard way to buy as much as I think I'll need and then some, because once it's gone the LSS isn't getting any more. At least SU gives us a whole year, lol!

I'm not trying to put down anyone's opinion, I hope nobody thinks I am...I just want to remind folks that nothing will please everybody, kwim? I have absolutely no use for Orchid Opulence, lol. Somebody must love it though...people are apparently still buying it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #47  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default In Colors

I'm not a demo and this year was my first exposure to SU and the In Color thing. I bought a mixed pack and then Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette and an ink pad of Riding Hood Red. I go by what I like and use and when it's gone there will be new colors to play with. I found Wild Wasabi card stock, ink pad and reinker, since I love the color so much. And I've discovered that I can always find a darker ink color-especially one of the Earth Tones- to blend/coordinate with almost any of their colors.

I'm really curious as to what their new In Colors will be this year, especially in the DSP.
Reply With Quote Likes