Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: How many Copic Markers do you have?
None!! I have not been sucked into the madness! 185 32.80%
1-25 79 14.01%
26-50 73 12.94%
51-100 90 15.96%
101-150 62 10.99%
151-200 36 6.38%
201-250 18 3.19%
251-321 16 2.84%
I have an entire collection!! 5 0.89%
Voters: 564. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2009, 05:55 PM   #41  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two weeks ago I didn't own any Copics. My first purchase was a basic set of 12 and a few other colors for a total of 21 markers. I got them a few days later and fell in love. Since then, I've made several more purchases and I now own 170 different Sketch markers. I'm totally hooked and can't wait until OOZAK replenishes their stock because I've bought everything that they have.

:mrgreen:

Visit my blog

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #42  
Cardstock Collector

Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by refinnej2View Post
I have 60. Got a bunch for Valentine's Day. I now have 46 of the 48 SU colors, the neutrals and this year's and last year's In Colors. Misordered Yoyo Yellow and the company I ordered from was out of the Rose Red match.
Do you match them to SU colors yourself or is there any info on that? Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #43  
Inking Addict

Wink All the Sketches

Okay, I'll admit it -- I'm the one who has them all. I cannot be the the only though -- am I? I'll admit to being compulsive. If something comes in many colors, I just have to have them all. This includes pencils, pens, markers, ink pads, watercolor crayons, paper, etc. At least now I only have to buy white or cream colored ribbon/embellishment as I can color match with the Copic airbrush system. I'm now on my way to collecting all the reinkers. I do teach Copic classes so I use that as the method to justify my need for all the colors. Marsha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlcarlsenView Post
Okay, I'll admit it -- I'm the one who has them all. I cannot be the the only though -- am I? I'll admit to being compulsive. If something comes in many colors, I just have to have them all. This includes pencils, pens, markers, ink pads, watercolor crayons, paper, etc. At least now I only have to buy white or cream colored ribbon/embellishment as I can color match with the Copic airbrush system. I'm now on my way to collecting all the reinkers. I do teach Copic classes so I use that as the method to justify my need for all the colors. Marsha
You don't have to justify it!! I am green with marker envy.

I hadn't thought about airbrushing embellishments??? If I start doing that I will quickly need to be compressor shopping...LOL...though I am still on my first aircan...so maybe I should practice a little!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuldaraView Post
Do you match them to SU colors yourself or is there any info on that? Thank you very much.
http://papercanoes.blogspot.com/2009...up-colors.html

I did that...but I don't have all the markers, so it was as close as I could get with what I have. They look great as listed, though if I ever get them all, I might find a better match for a few.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

I have 138 of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #47  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
Very true!!

I started buying a dozen markers each time DH bought a video game...at $60 a shot he was still spending more! I haven't kept up on that...I just like that he can't guilt me in the slightest when he comes home with a new game and I have shipping boxes on the table. We sounds like 5 year olds though when the kids go to bed...he says: *Well, I am going to play my game...are you going to color??* LOL
Haha, DBF and I sound like that too. Last night he was talking to a friend and said "I just helped "Anners" color a fish with her new fancy markers". Most nights I'm doing my thing (usually not as fun cuz it's school) and he's doing his...........it's fun! OR we discuss and justify each others expenses relating it to our hobby so it's all in perspective for each other. Although I don't care what he does, he pays for his and I con $$ from him for mine, he's got a poor girl.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 10:49 PM   #48  
Crimping Master

Yikes! I just counted - 194 (a few more than I thought I had). Of course I still want more, but I know I'll never have them all (not sure what to do with that many different shades of gray).

I was another one who absolutely hated coloring with markers because of the streaking, but I LOVE coloring with my Copics now. And it doesn't matter to me that my technique isn't great - I'm still happy with the results so that's all I care about!
Old 02-20-2009, 12:45 AM   #49  
Insane Embellisher

Still waiting for mine to come - but when they do I will have 12. Which will soon grow, I am sure ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #50  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I have 9 and don't really think (at this time) that I'll get any more. I have question for those that have so many, do you really use them all? Do you need them all? or is it more a collectible - got to have them all kind of thing? I understand the have to have them all as I been there with stamp pads. Just wondering why you need so many.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 11:04 PM   #51  
Cardstock Collector

Thank you very much for sharing and your hard work! I really appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
I have 9 and don't really think (at this time) that I'll get any more. I have question for those that have so many, do you really use them all? Do you need them all? or is it more a collectible - got to have them all kind of thing? I understand the have to have them all as I been there with stamp pads. Just wondering why you need so many.
I use all of mine...not every day, but I only buy colors I think I will use. I don't feel the need to complete the collection, since some colors are nearly identical to others. I am at 160-some and once in a while during a project I find that I am missing a color I would like to use, so I order a couple more now and then. I just ordered 5...not because I want them all, but because these were what I had jotted down that I thought I could use.

If money were no issue...I admit, I would love to have ALL of them...but I definitely don't NEED them all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlcarlsenView Post
Thanks for admitting it! I was just curious...I figured Marrianne has them all and wondered if it had been her to vote, lol.

I just put in another order because I wanted to get the best for my dollar before the prices go up. So now I'm at 250! Slowly getting there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #54  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
A little bit of both, lol. I have OCD, so I have to have the whole set. But, I do use them everyday when I craft. I color my images to match my paper and so I have used almost every color that I have at some point.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #55  
Die Cut Diva

I bought colors that appealled to me. I'm more apt to use colors that I like. Then I bought 2 others close enough to the ones I liked to blend. The I bought all the ones that match SU colors in lieu of the SU markers. Then it just made sense to get blending colors for those as well. Then I bought a bunch of the grays (Cs, Ns, Ts and Ws).

So that's how you get to 200+ colors. I'll never have them all. There are some colors that I just don't like, so I'll never buy them. I don't think I'll ever have more than 250. I'm not OCD enough to want them all just for the sake of having them. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #56  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i ordered 15 this week......i chose a light and a little darker of basic colors and a blender. a friend of mine raves about them, so i will see if it was worth the $$. i dont forsee getting more unless they really knock my sox off

MY BLOG: www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #57  
Vintage Vixen

I don't have any Copics, and I don't plan to buy any. I like my Prisma pencils and odorless mineral spirits just fine. (And my Prisma pencils were bought for other art projects about 10 years ago, before I got into stamping!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 03:53 PM   #58  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks to everyone about if I need them all. I'm really hesitant about getting started and have been resisting the temptation but I've seen some beautiful work and with all the information I've seen it is harder and harder to resist.

With only 9 it's hard to tell if they are going to be the "thing" for me. Maybe I can find someone is selling theirs and I can get a bargin...probably not, but my tax return is comming.... hmmm....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 03:59 PM   #59  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have 0 yep none.
I have just invested in prisma color pencils and I will also buy the prisma markers cause some people here said they are great. I love the pencils and like to color and blend with baby oil.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #60  
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Skype™ to jeannie barron

none for me, yet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #61  
Embossing Fanatic

Just got another 12 today to bring my total up to 40. Theese are really great markers but do admit they are pricey (thank goodness for tax returns!). I order mine from a place called icopic which has really great customer service and fast shipping...(free shipping for orders over $75). Also if you qualify for their "Gold Membership", they give you special pricing ($2.85 for Ciaos and $4.20 for sketch). Also gold membership qualifies you for free shipping for orders over $50. The best part is that many of their markers are in stock and they replenish their supply quite frequently.

L69
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 11:23 PM   #62  
Mad Swapper

For the longest time I had only 3......all skin colors to color my Tilda's. Then my birthday came around and a dear friend gave me the bright set. I went over to her house and we played with her copic markers. One thing lead to another and by the time I left I had ordered the pastel set. I have the earth tones coming. All from "Our Craftlounge".

What we did was teach me how to use them. And we played with the 0 copic to see what it would do. I had my crochet hooks and thread with me so we colored one for a sunflower...... amazing........ did a daisy in purple and then applied the 0 marker and made the center white again. Well lets say I have been making pansies......... cant wait to take them down to my friends to use her markers again. Cant wait to see how they shade up. SO look for a posting with pics soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 11:36 PM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just counted and I think its 114 and counting. I love copic markers and I think my next purchase is the compressor so I can use them to airbrush. I have been doing that, but I went through a can of air in two days...I KNOW BAD ROSEANNE...if you get a chance check out my gallery as I do use a lot of copics and I am a certified instructor who is still learning herself. I would suggest this blog; http://www.ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/ as the place to go to learn how to use them well. Marianne is a wonderful artist and actually works for copic teaching people how to use them.
~~Stampin World~~ ~~My Magnolia Maddness~~##The Great Adventure##
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 06:07 PM   #64  
Matboard Maniac

I have probably around 120. I just ordered a bunch from carpediem since the price is going up. I loooove my copics! I, too, never really liked markers because of the streaking and the noise they make - blech! (i know, weird) But thanks to being on here, I tried them, loved them and am now addicted. And yes, I do use them all. And sometimes when I'm coloring something I will think to myself, 'ooh, I could really use this color...' and I don't have it. crazy! my dh isn't really fond of those moments...but he really is understanding and supportive of my habit, hobby, oh, ok, obsession.

Last edited by MintInCA; 02-25-2009 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: i'm a dork
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #65  
Mad Swapper

I just placed an order with the MerriArtist, this will give me all of the Copic's, yeah, my OCD wins out again. DH said that I could order the rest of them and we will use the tax refund for them. I think that it is only fair because he is using $3000 of the refund for his AC equipment. I do use them on a daily bases and I like all kinds of colors so I will use them. I am thinking of letting my DS use my SU markers for when he stamps, I don't use them very often anymore and he isn't allowed to use my Copic's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #66  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just ordered the sparmax ac100 compressor so I can airbrush with them...I had bought the can of air and it lasted 2 days...LOL oh yeah and I ordered another 20 copics at the same time...making my total about 125-135
~~Stampin World~~ ~~My Magnolia Maddness~~##The Great Adventure##
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 07:47 PM   #67  
Hardware Hotshot

I just placed another order today so I need to change my poll vote. I'll have 75 now, still seems like nothing!

Regarding the Sparmax compressor, do you also have the airbrush that the copics fit into? Is that how you are doing it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #68  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

I voted 1-25 because I have 3 that I wasnt able to sell when I sold all of mine.
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #69  
Rubber Obsessor

No Copics here. I have Neopikos (all pastel colors) and Prismas (brights, earthtones, portrait). I mix and match and blend them together. Over a year with the Prismas and not a dry one yet. If one did dry out I would do like I do with my Sharpies. Rubber gloves advised, but just pull apart (I use pliers) and 3 to 5 drops of alcohol dripped down in the fiber filled tube, pop back together and in 15 minutes I am back to coloring. Eventually, the color runs out but this little method has sure saved me some money and some frustration when things got tight in the budget department.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 03:01 AM   #70  
Kookie Creator

On my shelf AT HOME (the ones put away) I have 340 individual markers. I know there are more kicking around my house somewhere. HOWEVER... I voted by distinct colors, of which I have around 270 diff. colors. I have many duplicates because of my workshop sets.

that being said, we're not going into the full set on my desk at work. Just FYI, I do consider myself crazy-obsessed. Good thing my work supports my habits!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 03:32 AM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have 3...one I won on the Leftover PIF thread. The other 2 are skin tones that I bought yesterday...I plan to only buy skin tones because SU just doesn't have one that works for me...Otherwise, I'm hoping I can just use all my other techniques and stay away from the expense...the LSS here wants $9.95 EACH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 03:53 AM   #72  
Matboard Maniac

Well I did vote for 26 to 50, but I just got in an order and now have 58.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 05:43 AM   #73  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitsy73View Post
I have 3...one I won on the Leftover PIF thread. The other 2 are skin tones that I bought yesterday...I plan to only buy skin tones because SU just doesn't have one that works for me...Otherwise, I'm hoping I can just use all my other techniques and stay away from the expense...the LSS here wants $9.95 EACH!

If you are interested in getting more you can go to Curry's https://www.currys.com/catalogpc.htm...0376&NBReset=3 They are a Canadian store in Winnipeg, they only sell the Ciao markers but there service is good. I have also ordered my Copic's from the Merri Artist http://www.merriartist.com/Copic_Ske...kers_s/299.htm they are a US based company but they also have great service and there shipping is quick, I have comparied there prices with Canadian sources and even with the shipping and exchange they are still less than what most of the Canadian stores sell them for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 06:55 AM   #74  
Stampin' Fool

I just ordered some more that will bump me up to 57...I'm happy with my little start. I like the planning and figuring on which ones to buy next.

Erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 07:07 AM   #75  
Die Cut Diva

I have over 150 but not as many as 200... I love them and use them daily! I got them when they were on sale at Cheap Joes near my house for $3.50 each. WORTH EVERY PENNY!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 07:17 AM   #76  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper KissyView Post
I just ordered some more that will bump me up to 57...I'm happy with my little start. I like the planning and figuring on which ones to buy next.

Erin
Noticed you live in Mass. FYI Dick Blick near Fenway park is doing "double days" next weekend March 6th-8th. With the discount it puts the sketch markers at about $4.25 ea. This may be an option to see them in person as they pretty much have every color in stock. That's where I've gotten 95% of mine.

My new BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 09:00 AM   #77  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikiEView Post
Ack! I can't believe it, but I just went and counted them. I'm at 193, but ordered about 20 more yesterday with carpe diem's free shipping sale. Hmm. I might be addicted (at least I am not alone). lol Love my markers! :mrgreen:
Well, after reading your post mentioning Carpe Diem, I discovered that their Ciao sets are $30 less than I had paid previously . . . so I'll be adding 36 more to my collection ;) !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #78  
Matboard Maniac

Well, I have 100 and another 30 on order. I'm thinking of spending another $50 and getting some more before the price increase. I am very new to copics but I love them already!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #79  
Die Cut Diva

I just finished off my collection of all the Ciao's but am now collecting the sketch markers that aren't in my Ciao collection. I do truely love these markers though!

My Little Blog! Amy's Inky Fingers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #80  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have about 70 of them. All the sketch marker...and I absolutely love them! They are worth every penny...and I use them all!

Last edited by Doris; 03-01-2009 at 06:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes