Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-01-2008, 07:24 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coredinations Paper and Embossing Folders

Some time ago, I purchased several packages of the Coredinations paper. I finally opened it this morning to see how it would work with the embossing folders from Cuttlebug. I tried the Swiss Dots and Textile folders in both my BIGkick and Cuttlebug but didn't get exactly what I thought I would.

I thought I would get the embossing in the secondary color, but only got the tips of the raised areas and then not on the entire area. I know it's not my machines as they both work well with other paper both textured and smooth. I have considerable experience with using the embossing folders and both machines. I guess the purpose of this paper is meant more for tearing? That's the look I'm not crazy about.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone else that's tried and used this paper to hear what their opinion is.

Patti
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2008, 07:26 AM   #2  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used their black magic paper with my cuttlebug and paisley embossing folder. I then used my sanding block to bring the core color out. I'm pleased with it, but it is not as "crisp" of a contrast as I was hoping for. But, overall, I think it does look pretty cool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

like the above poster said, in order to get the second colour in the embossing, you would have to sand the embossed image.

I'm not understanding how you would think it would show up just by embossing.the second colour is inside the black paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2008, 01:29 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
Some time ago, I purchased several packages of the Coredinations paper. I finally opened it this morning to see how it would work with the embossing folders from Cuttlebug. I tried the Swiss Dots and Textile folders in both my BIGkick and Cuttlebug but didn't get exactly what I thought I would.

I thought I would get the embossing in the secondary color, but only got the tips of the raised areas and then not on the entire area. I know it's not my machines as they both work well with other paper both textured and smooth. I have considerable experience with using the embossing folders and both machines. I guess the purpose of this paper is meant more for tearing? That's the look I'm not crazy about.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone else that's tried and used this paper to hear what their opinion is.

Patti
The color is like the filling in a candy, you've got to break through what's on the outside to get to what's on the inside. If you're not doing something to the paper that will break through the top layer, you're not going to see what's on the inside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2008, 02:13 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

7kidscollegefund.......What you're saying is true yes, but I thought the embossing would be enough to get through that top layer much more evenly than it does. The top black layer is not all that thick. The color under layer only shows through in little specks, not an even layer as I had expected.

Oh well, it was worth a try. I'll have to find another use for the paper since I'm also not a fan of sanding the embossing.

I've since found I can use it with the lace templates. That does show rather nicely. I'll just be using the lace templates much more frequently now.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Default Sorry to wake this thread but...

I don't know if it is a new product, but Coredinations has a dusting buddy. It is a sticky mesh cloth that picks up the sanded off pieces. It brings the color out MUCH better than when you just dust it or blow it into the trash can. It has given me a whole new appreciation for the coredinations papers.

Also, they came out with a new Whitewashed line that is antiqued white on the top & awesome muted brights underneath. Fun names like barn siding - has an awesome red underneath. Cellar Door - a neat blue/grey I believe. Not like you want to buy more yet, but give the paper another try. Check the website for tutorials, too. There are also some amazing samples (as well as some boring ones I thought

PS - I don't work for the company, just a LSS that started carrying it recently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I wonder if a swiffer cloth might work too? I use that to pick up glitter and EP...may work with sanding as well...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 03:15 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Or a tack cloth, used for cleaning off wood after sanding.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

You might want to try it with an embossing folder that has more embossing than the swiss dots. I used it with d'vine swirls in black magic and the whitewash and it looks great. You can put some elbow grease into your sanding as well. The more you sand, the more colour will show through.
Reply With Quote Likes