Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-23-2009, 08:13 AM   #361  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Score!! What a great bargain. I know you were so thrilled. I sure would be. Here is tip for holding your pens, too. I did this on some that didn't have ribbons.

Get a pack of those cute pony tail holders at a Dollar store. They fit perfectly around the bottom of the small pads and look really cute with a pen tucked under them. The packs have tons of colors and you can coordinate with your pads.

The pink and blue ones in the bottom of this pic are an example of what I mean:

Craft Fair Display by buggainok at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks for the idea! I might do that with the kids ones I will be doing.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #362  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Score!! What a great bargain. I know you were so thrilled. I sure would be. Here is tip for holding your pens, too. I did this on some that didn't have ribbons.

Get a pack of those cute pony tail holders at a Dollar store. They fit perfectly around the bottom of the small pads and look really cute with a pen tucked under them. The packs have tons of colors and you can coordinate with your pads.

The pink and blue ones in the bottom of this pic are an example of what I mean:

Craft Fair Display by buggainok at Splitcoaststampers

that is such a fantastic idea. i went to the dollar store and they had the cutest little bands with butterflies and beads - 5 for a dollar. i asked my bestfriends daughter what she thought about using them to hold the pen on the notepads i make (she has one) and she said - YES!!

you have such beautiful items and such great ideas. i appreciate all your pictures and all your ideas and advice. thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #363  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesignsView Post
that is such a fantastic idea. i went to the dollar store and they had the cutest little bands with butterflies and beads - 5 for a dollar. i asked my bestfriends daughter what she thought about using them to hold the pen on the notepads i make (she has one) and she said - YES!!

you have such beautiful items and such great ideas. i appreciate all your pictures and all your ideas and advice. thank you.
Well thank you, Evelyn. I just love reading these threads and getting and sharing ideas and inspiration.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #364  
Pearl-ExPert

Just wanted to share a quick picture of the 4x6 scratch pads that I am covering. So far I have 2 each of this design but they are coming together pretty quickly. Still not sure on a price for these. They will be going into clear bags and tied up with a pretty ribbon and tag. Presentation is everything, right?
Attached Thumbnails
Craft fairs -- What's selling these days?-4x6-notepads.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #365  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetHeidiJoView Post
Just wanted to share a quick picture of the 4x6 scratch pads that I am covering. So far I have 2 each of this design but they are coming together pretty quickly. Still not sure on a price for these. They will be going into clear bags and tied up with a pretty ribbon and tag. Presentation is everything, right?
Heidi,

Those are great! How would $3 be as far as your cost and time? I think they'd sell fast at that price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #366  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

HeidiJo,

Those are really cute - and yes, presentation is everything. At my sale, I found people really liked the pads to have a pen with them.

I'm also trying to include some kind of simple to/from hanging tag that matches my items when I can, even on the cheaper "candy items" like the York peppermint pattie packets. I think those would make nice office or church or bridge group gifts and people would like it if they could just write a name on it and give it to the person.

I have some I need to whip out before my sale. I didn't get them as cheap as you, but got a good deal of them at Big Lots.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2009, 03:10 AM   #367  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2View Post
Heidi,

Those are great! How would $3 be as far as your cost and time? I think they'd sell fast at that price.
I was thinking $3-$4 as well. I don't have much money at all invested in them but they are so darn cute! I think I will probably stick with $3.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2009, 03:23 AM   #368  
Pearl-ExPert

Here are little Christmas wish list books I made. The stamp is Inque Botique. I got the set at Crafts2000 (Pat Catans) for $1! They had most of the Inque Botique clearanced out really low. I mean like $2 for the big $12 sets. I was in heaven! I got lots of stocking stuffers for my girls and some birthday gifts for my crafty friends. Anyway, there are 8 pages of the empty lists that people can fill in with either what each family member wants or what they have already gotten them. There are also 2 pages in the back that are labeled 'notes' just in case they need to keep track of a price or something like that. I punched and embossed the covers and used my Combind system (I knew I started homeschooling for a reason! lol) to put them together. I also bought red pens, took the magic eraser to them to take the bic label off and used a white 'warm wishes' rub-on on it. Sorry, the pen isn't in the picture.

I want to sell these for $2.50 because they took some time to make. Things would be so much easier for me if I could make 10-20 of the same thing but I absolutely hate repition when it comes to crafting. I'd rather it take more time and have 10 different looks than to make 10 of the same thing.

These will also be packaged up all pretty in a clear bag with a ribbon. I plan on having 1 of each thing that is packaged up out so people can see and feel.

So, opinions please. Do you think $2.50 is a fair price for the book with pen? Honestly.
Attached Thumbnails
Craft fairs -- What's selling these days?-christmas-list-books.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2009, 03:51 AM   #369  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Here are little Christmas wish list books I made. The stamp is Inque Botique. I got the set at Crafts2000 (Pat Catans) for $1! They had most of the Inque Botique clearanced out really low. I mean like $2 for the big $12 sets. I was in heaven! I got lots of stocking stuffers for my girls and some birthday gifts for my crafty friends. Anyway, there are 8 pages of the empty lists that people can fill in with either what each family member wants or what they have already gotten them. There are also 2 pages in the back that are labeled 'notes' just in case they need to keep track of a price or something like that. I punched and embossed the covers and used my Combind system (I knew I started homeschooling for a reason! lol) to put them together. I also bought red pens, took the magic eraser to them to take the bic label off and used a white 'warm wishes' rub-on on it. Sorry, the pen isn't in the picture.

I want to sell these for $2.50 because they took some time to make. Things would be so much easier for me if I could make 10-20 of the same thing but I absolutely hate repition when it comes to crafting. I'd rather it take more time and have 10 different looks than to make 10 of the same thing.

These will also be packaged up all pretty in a clear bag with a ribbon. I plan on having 1 of each thing that is packaged up out so people can see and feel.

So, opinions please. Do you think $2.50 is a fair price for the book with pen? Honestly.
OMGosh! I LUV these and the other covered notepads as well! Great job! I think that 2.50 for these is very reasonable.....

I always have a sample out of the packaging as well....keeps them in better shape with less handling and I think that everyone likes to have a ready made wrapped gift! Even if they are buying it for themselves....

Nice job on all of your creations....you will do well!
Now I am off to our Open House....I will take a lot of pix and let you all know how it went tomorrow!

Take Care all!
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2009, 09:06 AM   #370  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yes, that is a good price. They are very cute and well made. You have to pay a couple of bucks to just get a regular spiral notebook with a picture cover, and you don't get a pen with it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 05:27 AM   #371  
Matboard Maniac

Smile Soap Bibles

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne WilsonView Post
I missed the soap bibles..anyone have pics and directions?
Here again is a link to a soap bible I made:

Soap Bible by purplepatch at Splitcoaststampers

It is fairly simple to make as you can see in the pic. Give them as gifts or sell at craft fairs.
I can send you directions if you need them. Just send me a PM.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 07:52 AM   #372  
Crimping Master

Default ONE DOWN AND 4 MORE TO GO!

Recovering (still!) from yesterdays Open House/Craft Fair! I have some pictures in an album in my gallery here: Open House - October 2009 by kaitysmom at Splitcoaststampers Sorry I didn't get a lot of pictures....got too busy towards the end and forgot!

This was a Demo type vendor Open House, so no other paper crafters were there.....I was a co-host so did not put out too much stuff (kind of a dry run for me). My friend/co-host is a Longaberger consultant, so she let me borrow a bunch of her baskets for display. I only had an 8' table due to lack of space. BUT - finally added it up this morning and did a little over $200.00 in sales! I knew that I was busy, but didn't realize that I had done so well - much better than expected!!! Unfortunately...I have nothing to show for it after buying a bee-u-ti-ful Coach purse and many other things! My hubby need not know about that!

My best sellers were:
~ Desktop Calendars - $3.00
~ Covered Notepads - $3.00
~ Various Halloween Candy - $1.00(trying to get rid of it so I can move on to Christmas)
~ Altered Clothespins went like crazy - $1.00 - who knew?? Need to find a better way to display them though.
~ Covered Tic Tacs (Halloween & Breast Cancer) - $2.00
~ Stamped Candles (pumpkins sold out) - $2.00, $5.00 and $6.00
~ Post It Notes - $4.00
~ Teacher Notecard Sets - 6.00
~ Snowman Punch Card Sets - $10.00
~ Gift Card Holders - $2.00 - sold a lot of these...even the birthday ones

Now, I need to get busy on the rest of my Christmas stuff since I have 4 more shows coming up! I did have quite a few people ask for special orders for classroom treats and teacher gifts, so will see if they actually work out. Guess I will clean my house in January - right?

If you have any questions on any of the pix - let me know!
One suggestion that I have for everyone that might be in multiple shows - Get a flyer or postcard that lists all of the shows that you are in and pass them out to everyone! I even included a little coupon on the bottom of mine that they can use on their next purchase. I let you know how many of them come back to me...if you want to see my postcard, just PM me!

Take Care all! Hope everyone with sales did well this weekend!
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 08:12 AM   #373  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaitysmomView Post
Recovering (still!) from yesterdays Open House/Craft Fair! I have some pictures in an album in my gallery here: Open House - October 2009 by kaitysmom at Splitcoaststampers Sorry I didn't get a lot of pictures....got too busy towards the end and forgot!

This was a Demo type vendor Open House, so no other paper crafters were there.....I was a co-host so did not put out too much stuff (kind of a dry run for me). My friend/co-host is a Longaberger consultant, so she let me borrow a bunch of her baskets for display. I only had an 8' table due to lack of space. BUT - finally added it up this morning and did a little over $200.00 in sales! I knew that I was busy, but didn't realize that I had done so well - much better than expected!!! Unfortunately...I have nothing to show for it after buying a bee-u-ti-ful Coach purse and many other things! My hubby need not know about that!

My best sellers were:
~ Various Halloween Candy - $1.00(trying to get rid of it so I can move on to Christmas)
~ Altered Clothespins went like crazy - $1.00 - who knew?? Need to find a better way to display them though.
~ Post It Notes - $4.00

Now, I need to get busy on the rest of my Christmas stuff since I have 4 more shows coming up! I did have quite a few people ask for special orders for classroom treats and teacher gifts, so will see if they actually work out. Guess I will clean my house in January - right?

One suggestion that I have for everyone that might be in multiple shows - Get a flyer or postcard that lists all of the shows that you are in and pass them out to everyone! I even included a little coupon on the bottom of mine that they can use on their next purchase. I let you know how many of them come back to me...if you want to see my postcard, just PM me!

Beth
Beth, just spent time in your gallery. Great work and wonderful display for your items, which are all quite lovely.

Glad you did well at the show. Good idea about promoting future shows.

Love your ornament price sign holders. How did you get them to stand up?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 08:21 AM   #374  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Beth, just spent time in your gallery. Great work and wonderful display for your items, which are all quite lovely.

The ornaments are actually placecard holders that I found at Michael's last year. I recently saw some in the dollar section too!

Thanks for the nice comments!
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 10:27 AM   #375  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

Concerning your first photo: the desktop calendars with clip: Are they mounted on a coaster, or just a piece of cardstock?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 10:32 AM   #376  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

My best sellers were:
~ Post It Notes - $4.00

Beth
Beth,

Your stuff looks awesome! You are an inspiration to all of us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #377  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
Concerning your first photo: the desktop calendars with clip: Are they mounted on a coaster, or just a piece of cardstock?
They are on a 3.5x3.5 heavy weight coaster. I get mine here:http://www..com/coasters.html

They are a great way to use up a lot of your scraps!
The calendars I usually buy here: http://www.skybluepink.com/products2.html#calendars
I get the "large" ones...

HTH!
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 11:54 AM   #378  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Beth,

Your stuff looks awesome! You are an inspiration to all of us.
Wow! Thanks so much for the compliments! I get so much inspiration from this thread....can't take all of the credit! But it's appreciated all the same ;)

All my best -
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 01:34 PM   #379  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for the info I where to purchase the calendars. I really don't have the time to make my own and I am sure they would not look as nice as the purchased ones.
Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #380  
Insane Embellisher

Beth - great job!! Your table and your products looked great!!! I'm still working on our projects but they are coming along! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #381  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

WOW! Great Job! Your display looks great. You've enspired me. I hope I can do as well with my crafts. You've given me some great ideas.
Thanks & Hugs.
Benny
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #382  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

The ornaments are actually placecard holders that I found at Michael's last year. I recently saw some in the dollar section too!

Beth
Beth,
I thought your Altered Magnetic Clothespins were so cute. How did you do them? I would like to try my hand at it.
Hugs,
Benny
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #383  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Christmas Craft Fairs

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get a feel of what is good sellers for Christmas Crafts Fairs this year. Dose anyone have any ideas. I'm doing two shows in the up coming weeks so I was just trying to get some ideas. Thanks for your help.

Nicolette
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #384  
Mad Swapper

Why was this thread moved? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2009, 07:45 AM   #385  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Why was this thread moved? Just curious.
I don't know because tool and product talk to me means discussing a specific product/tool all the way through from its good parts to bad.

This is definitely more general stamping IMO - like that counts for anything! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2009, 01:15 PM   #386  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

LOVE the ideas,...keep them comming,am making notes for next year,am at max now!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #387  
Embossing Fanatic

Default nugget boxes and mini composition book pricing??

I do not know what to charge for my nugget boxes and mini comp books...
I have some that have 3 nuggets and some that have 4 nuggets in them and then I have mini comp books that I have no idea what to charge...please help!! Leslie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #388  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbgirlView Post
I do not know what to charge for my nugget boxes and mini comp books...
I have some that have 3 nuggets and some that have 4 nuggets in them and then I have mini comp books that I have no idea what to charge...please help!! Leslie
Where are you located, and what town is the craft fair being held in? What sort of venue -- school, senior center, church bazaar? That'll make a big difference in what you can charge for your stuff.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #389  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4dView Post
Where are you located, and what town is the craft fair being held in? What sort of venue -- school, senior center, church bazaar? That'll make a big difference in what you can charge for your stuff.

I am in southern Ohio...the first fair is a church bazaar, and the other two are small town bazaars in my hometown(in a school) and the neighboring town(either in the town hall, fire dept or squad house)....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2009, 04:48 PM   #390  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajuncrafterView Post
Beth,
I thought your Altered Magnetic Clothespins were so cute. How did you do them? I would like to try my hand at it.
Hugs,
Benny
Sorry I missed your question....

I just cut my paper to fit the clothespin. I use Scotch brand Quick Dry adhesive. Once the glue is dry, I will sand the edges a bit. Then I give them a quick coat with Mod Podge. Now you get to decorate!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2009, 11:05 PM   #391  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Snowman soup?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anitawill1View Post
I have 3 of these pails left over from christmas last year and decided to use them for a family (of 4) snowman soup pail for the craft fair I am doing. I think this turned out really cute.
http://tinypic.com/r/fedrti/4
Gee! I know I live near the beach and have to a full day to see snow in the winter time... but what is snowman soup??? Ingredients for making a soup?
Down under stamper.
PS I just love all these ideas... I think I will have to stop procrastinating and have a stall next year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #392  
Pearl-ExPert

Snowman Soup

I was told you've been real good this year
Always glad to hear it
With freezing weather drawing near
You'll need to warm the spirit
So here's a little snowman soup
Complete with stirring stick
Add hot water, sip it slow
It's sure to do the trick!

Put everything in a holiday mug and add the poem. Place mug in a cellophane gift bag tied at the top with a ribbon, and there you have it, a cute gift!

You'll need:
1 package hot chocolate mix
3 Hershey Kisses
about 15 mini marshmallows (in a baggie)
1 candy cane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2009, 11:44 PM   #393  
Pearl-ExPert

Snowman Soup Mug _pb by peanutbee at Splitcoaststampers soup

(you can search the gallery for great ideas - this one is from peanutbee)

Last edited by not2shabbydesigns; 10-28-2009 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2009, 02:45 AM   #394  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Snowman soup is NOT a soup

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesignsView Post
Snowman Soup

1 package hot chocolate mix
3 Hershey Kisses
about 15 mini marshmallows (in a baggie)
1 candy cane
Gosh, You guys reckon us Aussies are upside down... This is just a hot choc.

Cute though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2009, 05:43 AM   #395  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmichelleView Post
Gosh, You guys reckon us Aussies are upside down... This is just a hot choc.

Cute though!
Definitely just a cute way of packaging up mundane, everyday items and make the recipient feel special in the process. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2009, 06:26 AM   #396  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
Definitely just a cute way of packaging up mundane, everyday items and make the recipient feel special in the process. :mrgreen:
Yes, Ma'am. We're all about cute here in the US of A.:mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2009, 06:57 AM   #397  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yes, Ma'am. We're all about cute here in the US of A.:mrgreen:
Some things just get lost in cultural translations. I remember my English MIL was planning a dinner party and she having "egg mayonaise" on the menu. Well, I was curious as to whether these were American Deviled eggs by another name or what... um no. They are hard boiled eggs, cut in half (so far like deviled eggs) and then put on a plate with a dollup of mayonaise on the side and bit of lettuce - LOL I have to admit I was slightly disappointed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2009, 09:13 PM   #398  
Cardstock Collector

Lightbulb

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajuncrafterView Post
Beth,
Hugs,
Benny
Thank you so much for your post of the Altered Clothespins, they were so cute. I can't wait to try my hand at it. Also, I think your crafts are so cute. When do you find the time? I'm a retired teacher and have a lot of time on my hands, but my days are still full.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #399  
Duchess of Dork

Quote:

Beth
Beth, I'm feeling my dork genes right now (it's okay, I'm a member of the Traveling Dork Sisters on SCS for a reason! LOL!). I can't find pics of your clothespins or display, but others have mentioned how nice they are. I did see your WONDERFUL items in your gallery & then went to your blog. I'll be visiting again for sure! You've got some great items! Do you have pics of those things?

I'll PM you for a copy of your flyer with coupon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2009, 03:03 AM   #400  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef MamaView Post
Beth, I'm feeling my dork genes right now (it's okay, I'm a member of the Traveling Dork Sisters on SCS for a reason! LOL!). I can't find pics of your clothespins or display, but others have mentioned how nice they are. I did see your WONDERFUL items in your gallery & then went to your blog. I'll be visiting again for sure! You've got some great items! Do you have pics of those things?

I'll PM you for a copy of your flyer with coupon.
Hee Hee! No worries! My 10 yo calls me Queen Dork! If you look in the album linked above, they are the second picture - called Magnetic Clothespins ;)

Just sent you the file for the postcards as well!
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes