Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-08-2009, 05:01 PM   #161  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2View Post
OK, I've made my first Snowman Soup. I still need to print the Snowman Soup poem and attach it to the pail. It cost just about $3 to make. I'll sell them for $5 (hopefully).
Very cute! One question- where did you find the individual bags of marshmallows?? I am doing snowman soup in mugs and they would be perfect!

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #162  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsskgilbertView Post
Very cute! One question- where did you find the individual bags of marshmallows?? I am doing snowman soup in mugs and they would be perfect!
Stacey,

Someone had told me that Wal-Mart had them but my local Wal-Mart did not. I got these at Smart and Final (it's a small, no membership fees warehouse store). The thing I don't like about them is that they come in a variety pack. 4 regular, 4 chocolate and 4 strawberry packs. It was about $6 for the dozen. I will probably buy another box and just give the strawberry ones to my kids for snacks. I'll put the regular and chocolate ones in the snowman soup.

If anyone else has found them, please let us know where!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #163  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks Christel!

Guess I will be heading to Smart & Final this weekend. My craft fair is Nov 7 which is my first! Hope all goes well for you!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #164  
Matboard Maniac

hi everyone - my next show is this coming sunday - will be posting more of the stuff I'm doing - designed a card for the book thongs, made 50 of them - had so much fun beading them, that I made up a poem about eyeglass holders and will be designing a card for them too - need suggestions for this...I was accepted in a craft show with the Jewish center, what kinds of small items do you think would sell well? - thanks, carole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #165  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Love to read all the enthusiasm!!! The pet treats should be a hit,finished a bunch of dog ones,used the zip lock type bag I got at Joannes in the jewelry dept. They are 3"x5" perfect for 2 med dog bones,have to get cat treats yet. Made toppers with misc cardstock and stapled on. This is a new item for me and am curious as to how it will go over. Have not done this years craft sale items in my gallery,but have years past. Am focusing on $1-5.00 items this year.
Remember to do a set up at home preview a few days ahead of time and allow for shrinkage as you sell and ease the set up process. This is so exciting!!! Buggainok has a great set up shot in her gallery and note her computor made signs,looks neater,had always hand written mine,...not this year. Lots of great items as well in her gallery,am hoping to have time to do little clips,have a bunch but have other projects to do first.
Keep the ideas commin'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #166  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsskgilbertView Post
Thanks Christel!

Guess I will be heading to Smart & Final this weekend. My craft fair is Nov 7 which is my first! Hope all goes well for you!
Stacey,

Mine is on November 8th. Where are you located?I've been searching online and can't find the Kraft mini-marshmallow packs any where. I'm going to try Albertson's to see if they have any there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:15 PM   #167  
Polyshrink Goddess

For "my" snowman soup, I was thinking of putting the mini marshmallows in a small Ziploc type bag since I am not able to find the individual packets. What do you think of that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:16 PM   #168  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

i'd better pop in and say hello and thank you for all these GREAT ideas!
My very first craft show will be Nov 14th.
I'm LOVING all the ideas and pictures!

thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #169  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbiejoView Post
Love to read all the enthusiasm!!! The pet treats should be a hit,finished a bunch of dog ones,used the zip lock type bag I got at Joannes in the jewelry dept. They are 3"x5" perfect for 2 med dog bones,have to get cat treats yet. Made toppers with misc cardstock and stapled on. This is a new item for me and am curious as to how it will go over. Have not done this years craft sale items in my gallery,but have years past. Am focusing on $1-5.00 items this year.
Remember to do a set up at home preview a few days ahead of time and allow for shrinkage as you sell and ease the set up process. This is so exciting!!! Buggainok has a great set up shot in her gallery and note her computor made signs,looks neater,had always hand written mine,...not this year. Lots of great items as well in her gallery,am hoping to have time to do little clips,have a bunch but have other projects to do first.
Keep the ideas commin'
Hey Barbiejo,
Thanks again for your unfailing support and enthusiasm! We have a great group here, and I'm glad we are cheering each other on with these shows coming up.

I have a sweet but craft-clueless hubby and an elderly poodle at my house to tell me if my things look good or not.:mrgreen: All this feedback is wonderful.

My next show is November 7. When are yours?

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #170  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastmommieView Post
i'd better pop in and say hello and thank you for all these GREAT ideas!
My very first craft show will be Nov 14th.
I'm LOVING all the ideas and pictures!

thank you!
Welcome aboard the craft train, Amber. By the way, your screen name cracks me up for some reason. Probably because I'm a mom. We do have to be fast, don't we?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #171  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Welcome aboard the craft train, Amber. By the way, your screen name cracks me up for some reason. Probably because I'm a mom. We do have to be fast, don't we?
You know, I never thought of it that way.. but yes, we sure do!
Its actually my last name!
I have 4 kiddos that were all born within 3 years... so my hands are always busy and chaotic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #172  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scamper64View Post
For "my" snowman soup, I was thinking of putting the mini marshmallows in a small Ziploc type bag since I am not able to find the individual packets. What do you think of that?
Kim, I think I will do that, too. People have said they were worried about things not factory packaged, but if it bothers people, they either won't buy them, or won't use the marshmallows. Most of the Christmas bazaars I go to have bake sales with homemade food, so I think it will be okay.

I even thought about leaving the marshmallows out, and just including the cocoa mix, Hershey's kisses, and the peppermint stick. If people hadn't bought them before, they probably wouldn't miss the marshmallows.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #173  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scamper64View Post

Kim, I think it depends on the buyers. I am going for pre-packaged things just so I don't have to worry about people not buying my stuff because they are uncomfortable with me handling food items. Now, they might not buy it anyway, but I don't want that to be the reason.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #174  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I have 4 kiddos that were all born within 3 years... so my hands are always busy and chaotic.
WOW!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #175  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Hey Barbiejo,
Thanks again for your unfailing support and enthusiasm! We have a great group here, and I'm glad we are cheering each other on with these shows coming up.

I have a sweet but craft-clueless hubby and an elderly poodle at my house to tell me if my things look good or not.:mrgreen: All this feedback is wonderful.

My next show is November 7. When are yours?

LOL.......... that is hilarious! I have just my wonderful husband (no pets boo hoo) who tells me that everything i make is a masterpiece. and the neat thing about that is that - he is being sincere....lol. i think i will make something really "dumb" and in bad quality and see if he will be honest and tell me the truth about it.....lol........ or say, "wow - thats great honey.. good job."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #176  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

And you find time to craft and stamp when?:mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:39 PM   #177  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesignsView Post
LOL.......... that is hilarious! I have just my wonderful husband (no pets boo hoo) who tells me that everything i make is a masterpiece. and the neat thing about that is that - he is being sincere....lol. i think i will make something really "dumb" and in bad quality and see if he will be honest and tell me the truth about it.....lol........ or say, "wow - thats great honey.. good job."
Your hubby and mine must be related. My favorite thing mine says is "Oh, that's beautiful, sweetheart. What is it?":mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #178  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

And you find time to craft and stamp when?:mrgreen:
I dont! ROTFL!!
I collect far more than I actually use!!

we have a son, then 18 months later identical twin girls, then 16 months later another girl.
Fortunately they are a little older, no longer the hands on toddlers. The girls are all interested in crafting, so I think this winter when its icky out, we'll sit and play.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #179  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I did look at the Dollar Tree. They had some plain white mugs and I thought about getting them. The mugs just looked "cheap" to me. To be honest, the pail doesn't bother me. Everyone has a mug, right? I might do the mug next year. The pails were only $1, so it's not really a matter of the mugs being less ex*****ve. I will see if I can find some cute mugs on sale after Christmas. I did see some mugs in the $1 Spot at Target last night that said "World's Best Boss" with "The Office" in smaller print. I was trying to decide if I should do a few of those with the Snowman Soup or movie related items in them (candy bars, bag of popcorn, gift card holder for movie tickets/gift card). That would have been a great gift for my previous boss as he loved The Office and loved going to the movies.
I know the mugs you're talking about at the $1 store. In the past, I've purchased their plain white, blue and / or red mug and just put some cute rub ons to "fancy" them up. That really makes them look a lot less cheap IMO.

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 07:06 PM   #180  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Your hubby and mine must be related. My favorite thing mine says is "Oh, that's beautiful, sweetheart. What is it?":mrgreen:
What is it? LOL................. ha ha ha ha ha .......... that is my favorite!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 10:33 PM   #181  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancinczView Post
hi everyone - my next show is this coming sunday - will be posting more of the stuff I'm doing - designed a card for the book thongs, made 50 of them - had so much fun beading them, that I made up a poem about eyeglass holders and will be designing a card for them too - need suggestions for this...I was accepted in a craft show with the Jewish center, what kinds of small items do you think would sell well? - thanks, carole
About your sale in the Jewish center.. is it a community center, or a retirement center? That would make a difference in your attendees, and what they would likely purchase. Obviously, Christmas items might not apply here. I don't know much about Jewish holiday celebrations and what would be appropriate.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 02:30 AM   #182  
Matboard Maniac

hi - this craft is a fund raiser for the arts program at the Jewish school - I was thinking of making some magnets with Jewish symbols on them, maybe some cards - going to focus on non-secular items - my book thongs are fully beaded (posting pics today) with charms on both ends and nicely packaged...thinking of $8.50 or 2 for $15.00 - what do you ladies think??
carole
PS - you could get the cocoa packets with the mini marshmallows inside...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 02:30 AM   #183  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Put a trip to the dollar store on your to do lists after Christmas. Everything will be 50 cents, including holiday themed mugs. I have a batch from years past; now I just need to get around to filling them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 07:37 AM   #184  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220View Post
Put a trip to the dollar store on your to do lists after Christmas. Everything will be 50 cents, including holiday themed mugs. I have a batch from years past; now I just need to get around to filling them.
Linda,

That's good to know. I haven't really gotten anything Christmas themed at the Dollar Tree. The only mugs that they have (that I know of) are just plain white, so I can't imagine they'd put them on sale.

I was thinking of heading to Big Lots this weekend. Has anyone found anything good there for craft fairs?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 08:01 AM   #185  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just an idea for you snowman soup fans - have you thought about a "family size" one with the larger bag of marshmallows? Might be a way of getting around your touching other people's food thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 08:08 AM   #186  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
Just an idea for you snowman soup fans - have you thought about a "family size" one with the larger bag of marshmallows? Might be a way of getting around your touching other people's food thing.
That's agood idea. I actually saw bigger tins at Target the other day and was wondering what I could do with them. You gould make "Snowman Soup for a Group". It would be great for people to bring into the office or for a teachers lounge. Or even a gift for a family (friends). Hmmm, I might not do it to sell but I might do one or two as gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #187  
Stazon Splitcoast

If you would like to see a short video of me at the recent craft fair, here it is on youtube.

I'm talking to my former boss and his wife. PS She bought $20 worth of things!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aUTMKDPoLo

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #188  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

If you would like to see a short video of me at the recent craft fair, here it is on youtube.

Too cute!

I have to know what the basket of pigs was about - were they patties?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 10:49 AM   #189  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Bugga, your former boss is a sweetie!! How lucky you were to have him for a boss! Your booth looked GREAT too! Mary

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 10:54 AM   #190  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

That was really cute, Bugga...you're a good saleswoman!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #191  
Embossing Fanatic

Default xmas mugs

I have always found a ton of xmas mugs at church rummage sales. Most are like brand new and often they will only charge .25 each. On the last day you could probably offer a couple of dollars for a whole slew of them.

Thanks

Angela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #192  
Stampin' Fool

Bugga, Thanks for your utube link. Utube with my slow dialup doesn't work so I am looking forward to seeing it when I see my daughter this weekend. I always check out the video links at her house. : ) Has anyone ever elevated their tables. I went to a show and a lady had her tables all elevated. It was much nicer to look at things at her booth with the higher table height. I noticed I browsed at her items longer as I didn't have to lean over to look at her items. I could stand up straight. I don't know about you, but when I have to lean over looking at items on low table at shows my back starts to ache. So I thought I would give it a try this year. Bed bath and beyond sell bed lifts to put under the legs of beds to elevate them. I tried them under my one of my 6 foot tables and it works. They make the table 5 inches higher and they are only 7.99 a box of 4. I got 3 sets, I usually set up at least 3 6 ft tables depending on the space I get. Just another way of bringing your items up a little closer to eye level for your customers. I know my back is going to ache alot less with my tables higher!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #193  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhb1281View Post
Bugga, Thanks for your utube link. Utube with my slow dialup doesn't work so I am looking forward to seeing it when I see my daughter this weekend. I always check out the video links at her house. : ) Has anyone ever elevated their tables. I went to a show and a lady had her tables all elevated. It was much nicer to look at things at her booth with the higher table height. I noticed I browsed at her items longer as I didn't have to lean over to look at her items. I could stand up straight. I don't know about you, but when I have to lean over looking at items on low table at shows my back starts to ache. So I thought I would give it a try this year. Bed bath and beyond sell bed lifts to put under the legs of beds to elevate them. I tried them under my one of my 6 foot tables and it works. They make the table 5 inches higher and they are only 7.99 a box of 4. I got 3 sets, I usually set up at least 3 6 ft tables depending on the space I get. Just another way of bringing your items up a little closer to eye level for your customers. I know my back is going to ache alot less with my tables higher!
Diane, I've read on lots of craft forums that people use the bed risers on their tables with great success. Wow, you have 3 tables. I only have one right now. If I really get into this, I guess I will have to have a couple more. I took a couple of lightweight bookcases to my last show for each end of my table for extra space, but the lower shelves on them were basically worthless for display.

But, if the table is higher, I would need a bigger sheet!:mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #194  
Matboard Maniac

How many of each item do you make to take with you to craft shows? So far I have made post it note holders (2 kinds) , altered composition notebooks, cards (christmas & other greetings), gift card holders ( 2 different styles). I want to make snowman soup...not sure what else. Thanks all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #195  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Oh, you're too funny! Thanks for the laugh.

Last edited by polargirl; 10-09-2009 at 05:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #196  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Stacey,

Mine is on November 8th. Where are you located?I've been searching online and can't find the Kraft mini-marshmallow packs any where. I'm going to try Albertson's to see if they have any there.
I am in Foresthill (about 40 mins from Sacramento). I searched online as well with no luck. But I did go on Krafts website and found out they are at 2 of our local stores in Auburn! Yah! If you would like the link I can pm you with it. LMK.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 06:16 PM   #197  
Matboard Maniac

subbing...have a craft fair at the end of October
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #198  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenndspencerView Post
So cute! I am also doing puppy treats for our Covered bridge festival. I know this is a stupid question but how did you attach the die cut to the top of the bag?

how much are you charging? input from anyone would be appreciated!
I made doggie/kitty treats and didn't have a self seal bag the right size. I had to cut the top off. I just folded the top of the bag over, taped with a little scotch tape. Then I folded the topper over it and stapled it on each side. I did just happen have some metallic green staples in my stash which matched, which is the kind of silly detail I love on stuff.

I'm going to try to sell mine for $3 because they were a little work, hand stamped, and have a "jewel". Pets need jewels, doncha know.

Here's a pic in my gallery:

Christmas Pet Treats for Craft Fair by buggainok at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #199  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I made doggie/kitty treats and didn't have a self seal bag the right size. I had to cut the top off. I just folded the top of the bag over, taped with a little scotch tape. Then I folded the topper over it and stapled it on each side. I did just happen have some metallic green staples in my stash which matched, which is the kind of silly detail I love on stuff.

I'm going to try to sell mine for $3 because they were a little work, hand stamped, and have a "jewel". Pets need jewels, doncha know.

Here's a pic in my gallery:

Christmas Pet Treats for Craft Fair by buggainok at Splitcoaststampers
How much do you sell those for? They are absolutely adorable! I love them. I agree - all those silly little details are VERY important. The matching staple, the jewel - the fancy fiber... !!
Keep sharing pics people - am loving this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 08:23 PM   #200  
Pearl-ExPert

anyone been to logans and gotten those little desserts in the silver tin buckets? anyone have any good ideas of what to do with them? they are so little and so cute. i hate to throw them away.
Reply With Quote Likes