Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-17-2009, 04:48 AM   #281  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas. My mom, sister and I will be holding an Open House in November/December for co-workers and friends and I have been looking for ideas. We are calling ourselves 3-B Crafty.

Christel, I saw your matchboxes and they are so cute. You inspired me to go right out and purchase a couple packages. I have the box itself covered with fabric and now I need to embellish them. I think I will package each with a small candle.

I have so many ideas I have to rein myself in and leave something for my mom and sister to make. I am trying to come up with small items about $2.00 or less since my mom works at a daycare I figure while the parents are shopping their kids can find a little something for Mom or Dad for Christmas too.

Keep the ideas coming ladies and thanks again
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 08:16 AM   #282  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickkitView Post
Thanks everyone for all the great ideas. My mom, sister and I will be holding an Open House in November/December for co-workers and friends and I have been looking for ideas. We are calling ourselves 3-B Crafty.

Christel, I saw your matchboxes and they are so cute. You inspired me to go right out and purchase a couple packages. I have the box itself covered with fabric and now I need to embellish them. I think I will package each with a small candle.

I have so many ideas I have to rein myself in and leave something for my mom and sister to make. I am trying to come up with small items about $2.00 or less since my mom works at a daycare I figure while the parents are shopping their kids can find a little something for Mom or Dad for Christmas too.

Keep the ideas coming ladies and thanks again
If the kids do buy for Mom, Dad, Grandparents, etc. you could have the "free" gift bags like Bugga had at her craft sale! Than the kids wouldn't have to worry about Mom or Dad seeing the gift before Christmas! Could even help them make a small gift tag to go with it!:-D

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #283  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2View Post
If the kids do buy for Mom, Dad, Grandparents, etc. you could have the "free" gift bags like Bugga had at her craft sale! Than the kids wouldn't have to worry about Mom or Dad seeing the gift before Christmas! Could even help them make a small gift tag to go with it!:-D

I like that idea of the bags. We are actually talking about having my 15 year old niece and her friends running that section.

We will have all our Christmas decorations up by then. My dad and I have a competition each year so you can imagine what the yard looks like.

I have this tent we are going to put up outside with a heater and hot chocolate for the kids so we can have their items out there plus bags they can decorate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #284  
Compulsive Stamper

Does anyone who has been doing craft fairs have any advice to those of us who are just starting on how to find fair information? I've looked and can't seem to find any around here that don't charge upwards of $200 for the booth.
Would love to do some fairs.
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #285  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

I tried googling craft fairs, but that event lister comes up, which only gives you events in the next week or so unless you pay for it. So, you could pay for it.
Otherwise, I would try googling different churches and schools in your area to see if they have anything up on their website. That's all I can think of.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #286  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

I like that idea of the bags. We are actually talking about having my 15 year old niece and her friends running that section.

We will have all our Christmas decorations up by then. My dad and I have a competition each year so you can imagine what the yard looks like.

I have this tent we are going to put up outside with a heater and hot chocolate for the kids so we can have their items out there plus bags they can decorate
Kitty, here is a link to the bags I made to give away at my craft fair. You could decorate them anyway you like. I had fun with the smiley faces and they were easy and quick. The bags came from Dollar Tree and were 40 for $1. I used odds and ends of ribbon for the handles, and just stapled it on the sides.

Bag for Craft Show Purchases by buggainok at Splitcoaststampers

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #287  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephanieB69View Post
Does anyone who has been doing craft fairs have any advice to those of us who are just starting on how to find fair information? I've looked and can't seem to find any around here that don't charge upwards of $200 for the booth.
Thanks in advance!
Try craigslist for your town. They should have a section about events. I've found several good fairs that way. They are church bazaars, but are heavily attended and people really buy lots of stuff.

The booth rents for church bazaars are usually anywhere from $25 to $50 for a one day event. Plus, I love that they are indoors. I did one outdoor festival and vowed never again. Paper and wind DO NOT mix!

I am doing one in November that's been held for 8 years and they sell out the booths every year. There will be 80 exhibitors this year, which is pretty big for a craft show.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #288  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Try craigslist for your town. They should have a section about events. I've found several good fairs that way. They are church bazaars, but are heavily attended and people really buy lots of stuff.

The booth rents for church bazaars are usually anywhere from $25 to $50 for a one day event. Plus, I love that they are indoors. I did one outdoor festival and vowed never again. Paper and wind DO NOT mix!

I am doing one in November that's been held for 8 years and they sell out the booths every year. There will be 80 exhibitors this year, which is pretty big for a craft show.
I would suggest Craigslist also.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #289  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephanieB69View Post
Thanks in advance!
Stephanie,

Another thing you can try is Google Maps. Put in your zip code and after that comes up put keywords in the search field, such as "Arts", "Crafts", "Arts and Crafts", "Arts and Crafts Fair", "Holiday Boutique", "Holiday Bazaar". Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #290  
Rubber Obsessor

You might also check in your state travel brochure. It has fairs, etc listed for each month. That is how we found a lot of ours. And when we are at fairs we talk w/ other vendors and find out about a bunch of them also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #291  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Evelyn, reading the comments under the picture in the gallery, people use them for First Communion gifts, etc. They are made with scented soap, so they smell nice.

Maybe the concept is "your sins are washed away."
oh, thank you. i see now. they would be cute set on a bedside table.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #292  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

good luck! it sounds so fun! especially anything for kids - they will spend every penny they have on mom and dad. especially on mom.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 11:42 PM   #293  
Mad Swapper

Default York Peppermint Patties DONE!

OK, I was able to check one thing off of my list tonight. I made 35 "packs" of York Peppermint Patties. I did two different styles. I will sell these for either $1.00 or $1.50 each, what do you think? I'm leaning towards $1.00. Maybe $1.25 each or 5 for $5.00?
Attached Thumbnails
Craft fairs -- What's selling these days?-img_4337.jpg   Craft fairs -- What's selling these days?-img_4339.jpg   Craft fairs -- What's selling these days?-img_4340.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 04:07 AM   #294  
Pearl-ExPert

Talking

I just want to thank whoever suggested the embellished binder clips for holding photos or Christmas cards! I am so addicted! They are so easy and it's something that I would buy at $1 each, even as a crafter! They are turning out so cute! I will post some pics soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #295  
Gabfest Goddess

Here is one for those that sew and have left-over material:
http://cute2carry.com/blog/2008/09/25/lanyard-tutorial/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #296  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2View Post
OK, I was able to check one thing off of my list tonight. I made 35 "packs" of York Peppermint Patties. I did two different styles. I will sell these for either $1.00 or $1.50 each, what do you think? I'm leaning towards $1.00. Maybe $1.25 each or 5 for $5.00?
Those are cute and would be very easy to do to! TFS!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #297  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetHeidiJoView Post
I just want to thank whoever suggested the embellished binder clips for holding photos or Christmas cards! I am so addicted! They are so easy and it's something that I would buy at $1 each, even as a crafter! They are turning out so cute! I will post some pics soon!

Heidi,

I think I mentioned the binder clips on this thread, but I've seen them holding photos before. I would love to see what you've done! I am thinking that that might be the next thing that I get done on my list, I'm planning on making 70 of them (including the ones that are going with the post-it note / pen holder magnet). I guess I better get to work ;).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #298  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2View Post
Round dollar prices always seem to work better -- both in the mind of a customer thinking about buying something (how many times have you said to yourself, "Only $1.00" or "Only five bucks"? ) and for you because you don't have to juggle a bunch of coins for making change. ;)

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #299  
Gabfest Goddess

Here is a link for making your own money holders:
http://www.ruthannzaroff.com/mirkwoo...oneyholder.htm

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 10:30 AM   #300  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Here is a link for making your own money holders:
http://www.ruthannzaroff.com/mirkwoo...oneyholder.htm
That's neat. Here is a wonderful gift card holder I found. So simple and easy to make, but you can fancy it up any way you like. I just made 12 of them for my craft show with a Christmas theme. Scroll down past the Halloween stuff to the second entry:

Blogs at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #301  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by anitawill1View Post
I love your projects!! They should sell well.

Where did you get the adorable dog stamp on your milkbone treat bags? I must have him!!!!

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 08:46 PM   #302  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I have gotten such great advice from this forum, Thank you all. This is a little part of what I am making for my 1st craft fair ever! I am so worried that nothing will sell. Do you have the same self doubts???

http://i36.tinypic.com/2vdfpde.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/dboy6d.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/1538ljo.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/r0p9pg.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/2w65w6q.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/mbl63s.jpg
I don't have the kitty treats yet. I am going to make snowman soup but haven't started yet.
Somehow I overlooked this post -- so cute! Before you put them out for sale, though, you should probably change the kitty topper to read "You're" (as in "you are") and not "Your" (possessive). Other than that, they're fabulous!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #303  
Cardstock Collector

Question

Can anyone tell me where you get the coasters for the post it note holders with the binder clips. Is there a link to the tutorial?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #304  
Pearl-ExPert

http://chicnscratch.typepad.com/chic...t-note-ho
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 11:38 PM   #305  
Pearl-ExPert

http://www.clearbags.com/prngusbag-3...aw-prints.html

look at these cute bags for your dog and cat treats.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 11:42 PM   #306  
Pearl-ExPert

or these:

http://www.clearbags.com/prngusbag-3...uppy-pals
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2009, 02:18 AM   #307  
Matboard Maniac

I got the doggie image from Digi Web Studio. It came with the Dog, Cat, Fish and assorted other images for a $1.00. It is called "Housepets".

And for everyone that has corrected my "Your" to "You're", Thanks I Have corrected it.
I want to edit the darn picture out but it won't let me.

Last edited by anitawill1; 10-19-2009 at 02:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2009, 03:13 AM   #308  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherimtView Post
Can anyone tell me where you get the coasters for the post it note holders with the binder clips. Is there a link to the tutorial?

Thanks
I buy my coasters HERE

I use the heavy weight for the binder clip type and on my Bind-It-All post it note holders. I think someone already posted the link for a tutorial for you.....

HTH -
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2009, 05:41 AM   #309  
Pearl-ExPert

Beth (kaitysmom), I just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog! You have so many wonderful ideas! Everything looks beautiful and I am taking down notes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2009, 06:58 AM   #310  
Matboard Maniac

subbing, I have a craft fair at work I joined on a whim, it's in four weeks. Talk about cramming.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2009, 07:47 AM   #311  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Here is one for those that sew and have left-over material:
http://cute2carry.com/blog/2008/09/25/lanyard-tutorial/
If people want to do these and make them a bit different I know there can be a health and safety concern that lanyards can be used in an attack to choke so if they fastened together with velcro rather than sewn that would be a great "safety" feature.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #312  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetHeidiJoView Post
Beth (kaitysmom), I just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog! You have so many wonderful ideas! Everything looks beautiful and I am taking down notes!

I agree. Beth, your blog is great. If I were at your craft fair shopping, I'd buy your stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #313  
Pearl-ExPert

http://bethybrat-bloomingwhereimplan...d-holders.html

oh my gosh!! look what she did with the top note die! how cute is that?? i was trying to resist buying this die - but now i might HAVE to have it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2009, 10:19 AM   #314  
Crimping Master

Talking I'm blushing!

Thanks so much for all of your kind words!
So nice to hear...especially from such a creative and talented group of women too!

Like you, I was on the fence about the top note die.....but then I saw sooooo many adorable items that you can make with it and had to take the plunge. I have the cuttlebug, but it's still very easy to work with the top note die!

Thanks again ladies! You all made my day!;)
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #315  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I got the doggie image from Digi Web Studio. It came with the Dog, Cat, Fish and assorted other images for a $1.00. It is called "Housepets".

And for everyone that has corrected my "Your" to "You're", Thanks I Have corrected it.
I want to edit the darn picture out but it won't let me.
Thank you!! I am off to hunt it down now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 03:02 AM   #316  
Matboard Maniac

Some more stuff for the craft fair I made the 3 altered comp tablets with teens in mind. I am going to make a couple more of them.
http://i38.tinypic.com/2rq0t1z.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/2z7n9zn.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/2a9nu4g.jpg3zn.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/11t8lxs.jpg
The last picture is purse gift card holders

Last edited by anitawill1; 10-20-2009 at 03:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 05:50 AM   #317  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Some more stuff for the craft fair I made the 3 altered comp tablets with teens in mind. I am going to make a couple more of them.
Great job!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #318  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

i LOVE the purse gift card holders!! they are so cute. good job on everything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #319  
Cardstock Collector

I love your idea of packaging Snowman Soup in a pail. Where do you buy your pails? I live deep in the country and when you go to any retail store, you have to drive for miles. I am not new to crafting, but I am a newbee when it comes to these craft fairs. How many of these pails would you make for a fair?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #320  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajuncrafterView Post
I love your idea of packaging Snowman Soup in a pail. Where do you buy your pails? I live deep in the country and when you go to any retail store, you have to drive for miles. I am not new to crafting, but I am a newbee when it comes to these craft fairs. How many of these pails would you make for a fair?
I got them at the Dollar Spot at Target. Do you have a Target near you? Are you in Louisianna? I know there's a Target in Slidell.
Reply With Quote Likes