Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-23-2006, 04:30 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Cricut Machine

Those of you who have already purchased a Cricut. Do you love it? What is the best deal (JoAnns)? Are you happy with the quality? Do you get as much versatility with one cartridge as they claim?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm bumping this up
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2006, 06:48 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

anyone?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2006, 07:51 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

i have one and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought mine at Michaels with the 40% coupon..then the following week a 50% off coupon came out from A.C. Moore and I went and purchased a bunch of the cartridges!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2006, 07:58 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by janicemarz
i have one and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought mine at Michaels with the 40% coupon..then the following week a 50% off coupon came out from A.C. Moore and I went and purchased a bunch of the cartridges!!
You are lucky! All my coupons restrict using it on the cricut. Looks like I'm going to be stuck paying full price. Joanns and Michaels both have the restriction. I am bummed. I saw the demonstration at Archivers and I want one sooooooo bad! I did hear it doesn't cut SU cardstock very well though. I heard it cuts 60 or65# paper and su cs is 80#. Anyone know if this is true?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2006, 08:06 AM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

A friend of mine that works at Michael's said that in June the sale will go off and you can use the 40% on the Cricut then. That would make it $180. I am holding off for that.

Hiya Pal! Mickey Mouse to Pluto
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2006, 10:01 AM   #7  
Inking Addict

Default Cricut

I just got the Cricut a couple of weeks ago at the Great Lakes Mega Meet scrapbooking convention in Novi, MI. It was quite the deal, but still very costly. They sold the unit for $269.00 and it came with one cartridge. If you purchased 3 more cartridges, they threw in a free one ($90.00 deal) and they sold the wheeled case at 40% off. My Michael's is selling it for $279.00 and calling it a "sale", therefore, no coupon. Although, I have used the 40% off coupon on another cartridge. I also found, they are very hard to come by at Michael's in my area. The Joann's states right on the coupon that it cannot be used on the Cricut. I've been kind of bogged down with other things and really haven't had much of an opportunity to use it like I want to, but I do have BIG plans for it in the near future. What I did play with, I, too, just love! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

I love mine! I got it at my local scrapbook store. They do "Matching Monday" the last day of each month where they accept Michaels coupons. I also have a 15% discount. I stood in line early. They only had two in stock and I got one!!!! I got it for $162.17.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2006, 07:49 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Allene, don't rub it in! I was 5th in line that day at Lasting Legacy! ;)

I'm glad you are enjoying it!!! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2006, 07:54 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I read on some online reviews the paper curls or some such thing? Could that be related to paper quality? I have not read anything like that on SCS threads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2006, 12:19 PM   #11  
Forum Fanatic

Omigod!!!! If I added it correctly then you get a total of 637 dies in on cartridge for 90 bucks is amazing. Try getting that many out of the sizzix dies. But I am so in love with it. It is definitely worth the money. I have been cutting the past couple days like a mad women.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I think the cricut is the answer then....I WANT ONE!!! I got two Joann's 50% coupons off for June 16 and 17th. What do you think my chances are for a circut not being on sale??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2006, 05:54 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedgiemama
I think the cricut is the answer then....I WANT ONE!!! I got two Joann's 50% coupons off for June 16 and 17th. What do you think my chances are for a circut not being on sale??
I think if you read the fine print - is says no Cricut cutter. I know the internet coupons for Joann's now say no cricut PRODUCTS. I have been using the Joann's newspaper coupons at Michael's for my cartridges. They won't let me use the printed ones of the internet as they don't have them.

I love my Cricut - all I need now are more hours to PLAY. This afternoon my niece and I are going to make B-day cards with the Doodlecharm cart - cupcakes.

This machine is so portable, easy to use, etc. not much of a learning curve.
Debbie F
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

You are right. JoAnn's lists on the coupon, no Cricuts. So, the only way then, is with a Michael's coupon, when not on sale??

Hope you have a fun day playing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2006, 09:17 AM   #15  
spv
Rubber Obsessor

you could also use a Hobby Lobby coupon if you get one in the paper...my Michael's will not take printed coupons either...and the HL one does not have a Cricut restriction...I am hoping they (HL) have a 40% this week...I have the 50% Joann's for the 16th & 17th that I hope to use on a cartridge (Base Camp)...I bought some blades yesterday and the gal asked someone if the J's coupon could be used on accessories...answer...yes to accessories no to machine...that's okay, I got my machine the day they hit my Mike's and I used a J's 50% off (yeah)...by the way, I LOVE my Cricut!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2006, 10:53 AM   #16  
Dyu
Stazon Splitcoast

I got mine for Mother's Day. My dd got it at Mike's in Ft. Worth for my dh to give to me. I went to my local Mike's with a 40% off coupon for Base Camp & they were out. I went ahead & paid for it anyway so I could get a rain check. It's going on three weeks now & they still have not received another shipment. :(
I had alot of problems with it cutting so I called Customer Service & they sent me out 2 new blades & the housing. It still doesn't cut SU c/s very well. My dh suggested putting a piece of c/s under the mat to lift it & then try to cut. I haven't had time to do that yet but I will. I love SU c/s & shudder at the thought of having to buy thinner c/s just to use my Cricut. I am such a c/s snob :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 01:17 PM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

Hurry Ladies! Double check your Michael's coupon for this week. The St Louis area ad did not restrict Cricuts. I just got home with mine!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2006, 10:25 AM   #18  
Cardstock Collector

I just ordered one from my local AC Moore. They have a 50% off coupon expiring today and they let me use it. They can't guarantee when it will be in, but for 50%, I'll wait. I used another 50% to get an additional font.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2006, 11:09 AM   #19  
Forum Fanatic

www.jennycraft.com is selling all the Cricut Cartridges for only 69.99. And their customer service and shipping department are great!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2006, 03:45 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

I got mine at Michael's last week, since it was not on sale and they had the 40% coupon. I called every day to check if they one in stock. They were out all week, but then on Sat morning I called and they had one in. I rushed right over and got it. The sales clerk didn't even know they had gotten one in, or she would have bought it. Got the additional cartridge, Jasmine.

I had a problem with it not cutting properly until I adjusted the pressure and the blade depth. Since then, no problem.

I stenciled my upstairs hall with the negative of the Cricut cuts. I did all the 'one another's from the Bible - love one another, teach one another, pray for one another, honor one another, forgive one another, etc. I cut the main word (ie love) in the George font (included with the Cricut) and "one another" in the Jasmine font.

The stenciling went very quickly!!! Easy to do, too. It turned out terrific and just what I wanted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #21  
Kookie Creator

Hi, I bought my cricut with a coupon at Mikes when they were in between sales, I love it. I had to do the same as kraftingkk, adjust the pressure, and speed of cutting to cut through the su card stock. Now it works great on it and any other cardstock I have tried. You can do so many things with this machine it is amazing. If you go to the cricut website, you can view a gallery of all kinds of things made with the machine. Great ideas and you can see what the different cartridges will do. Very happy with my cricut!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2006, 03:14 AM   #22  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Cricut

I just bought the cricut this past weekend. I put my name on the waiting list last Sat. at AC Moore. They had a scrapbooking event that day, and they had a 50% coupon. They had no cricuts in stock, but took names, and we were told they would mark the list, 50% off, so they would honor the coupon when the cricut came in in September.

However, less than a week later they called me and said it had come in and if I wanted it I needed to pick it up by this past Saturday. Well, what could I do but go get it! It was not in my budget and the New calalog had arrived, but I picked it up anyway.

I haven't opened the carton it came in, let alone tried it, but do you have any suggestions about which cartridge I should buy next? I do hope I love this new toy.
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 02:06 PM   #23  
Mad Swapper

I love mine. Got it at Michaels using a Joann 50% off coupon. It is so much fun to work with and I like the fact that you can cut things at different sizes. Wonderful tool.
Reply With Quote Likes