Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-23-2014, 09:00 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Die-Licious???

Has anyone else received an email from this new online die store located in Airmont, NY? Not sure where they got my email address. I'm a bit suspicious. Is this a former store that went out of business under bad terms, reinventing itself under a new business name?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2014, 11:35 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They look legitimate enough. Certainly carrying lots of different company dies. More than likely they bought mailing lists from some company or other. If you dont want to receive emails I would unsubscribe or just ignore if your worried that they are fishing to see if its a live email.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

I got it too. I didn't open it. I just deleted it as I didn't visit their site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2014, 06:10 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

I've looked them over before this post. I'm always looking at dies. I haven't ordered yet. I probably will....lol. I'll post the outcome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2014, 12:19 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovellView Post
Has anyone else received an email from this new online die store located in Airmont, NY? Not sure where they got my email address. I'm a bit suspicious. Is this a former store that went out of business under bad terms, reinventing itself under a new business name?
Oh goodness, worry, worry, fret and stew! I bought, because they came up in a search for a certain die no one else had in stock. Something about their web site was very off-putting, and I'm suspicious like the rest of you, but I REALLY wanted that die, so I ordered and got alarmed when PayPal, instead of using my preferred credit card, used a credit card I seldom use anymore. They never have done that with any other vendor, so yes I am worried. But the second that package arrives, I will return here to report any details.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2014, 07:27 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

I agree that new companies tend to purchase stock from other companies that folded, along with their buyers list.

I am quite anxious, to see how long it takes for delivery and if they are truly a real company!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2014, 06:58 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

I ordered two stencils and a Memory Box die on August 19th and received them today, August 28th. I had written to them yesterday, asking if they were out of stock on the items i ordered, since other orders I had sent the same day as theirs had been delivered earlier in the week. Mostly I was concerned because I hadn't received a shipping notice which they had promised when the order was placed.

Their reply came today, saying they were closed when I placed the order, and closed for the weekend, but they sent me a shipping notice Monday, along with a tracking number for USPS, and they thought the number of days not exceptional. The shipping notice never arrived in my mail box or in my Spam folder.

I had ordered the same day from Ellen Hutson and the package arrived Monday morning. And on the same day, I ordered from Clearly Besotted and the package came from England and arrived Tuesday. So compared to others that week, Die-Licious is slow, but I know others are even much slower, and some so slow I don't order from them anymore.

I know this is not an answer that helps anyone decide about this company, but if you're not in a big rush, it is a place you will find the Grape Vine die, which no one else had in stock when I ordered. The price is good, and the shipping not so extravagant as many others ($4.95 for this order).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2014, 09:08 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

So I sent an email to the company prior to this update the other night. I think I'll share it along with the response to you all. They are definitely new and she addressed that, as well as, the grand opening swamp. . I sent this late that night and was answered within an hour of sending.

New business??
Date Opened: 8/26/2014
Department: Sales
Opened by: Customer
Last Action Date: 8/27/2014

User/Date Message
Customer
8/26/2014 11:28:54 PM

Hello. I'm a forum member on SplitCoastStampers. A thread has started because no one has ever heard of you. There has been someone that has ordered and others (like myself) that is interested in ordering. No one has heard of you so we are a bit skeptical.

Die-Licious??? by Novell at Splitcoaststampers

I would like to cordially invite you to come on over to Split Coast stampers, register and maybe introduce you and your company. This could very possibly be a great sales opportunity for you too. Maybe a limited time discount coupon offered to forum members, just to get some new people on board with you.

This is totally a suggestion and If you are a legitimate company (which I suspect you are), you'll jump at the chance to make some serious sales.

Thanks for having your contact information listed to make it very easy for me to send this to you.

Respectfully and Sincerely,
Kathy
Lakewood, Colorado
SCS Moniker: Denverkat276

Staff (Administrator)
8/27/2014 12:10:12 AM

Hi Kathy

Thanks so much for contacting us.

I can certainly appreciate why people would be afraid of a new store. In our case we are 100% legit and fully dedicated to our business. All product we sell in our store is on hand and ready to ship in 24-48 hours unlike some of the stores that have disappeared recently.

Due to our grand opening we are a bit swamped but once things quiet down a bit I"ll go by to say a quick hello.

We have great things planned for the near future . A Facebook page, fun challenges, etc.

Best regards

Judy

Last edited by Denverkat276; 08-29-2014 at 09:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Ok, so now with all of this I'd love to look at their site. Does someone have a link to it? I tried to Google it and it didn't work!

TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

it didn't come up in google for me either, but I guessed and got there:
:: Welcome to DieLicious::

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2014, 12:55 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

A new business that is "closed" and doesn't process orders from 5 p.m.( EDT) Friday until Monday morning, and has a "Grand Opening" that's not announced anywhere we hang out, and has a Home page like theirs........hmmm, just seems odd that while so many craft stores are closing, another opens.........hmmmmmm.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

I ordered from this store and received my package in 2 days flat. Highly recommended.

I cant believe some of you are starting rumors without any basis to it. What's wrong with a business being closed for the weekend?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2014, 06:01 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for the link!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2014, 09:02 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

I don't understand why it didn't come up for you all. When this thread first started, I binged it (not googled) and it came right up for me. I'm curious of the spelling that you googled. I would have posted the link earlier, but I twas at work. lol I think when I'm off my spending freeze, I'm going to order a couple of things. I love their shipping prices for sure.

I'm excited about a company that has decent prices and very reasonable shipping. That's a rarity!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2014, 02:54 AM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingkateView Post
I ordered from this store and received my package in 2 days flat. Highly recommended.

I cant believe some of you are starting rumors without any basis to it. What's wrong with a business being closed for the weekend?
What's the rumor?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2014, 03:51 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

I was also suspicious when I received an email from this company. I'm based in Australia and had not heard of this company, nor visited their website and definitely didn't sign up for their newsletter. We have Anti-Spam legislation here and this company sending me their emails/newsletters without me signing up for it is illegal (as it is in other countries too with similar laws). No idea where they got my email address from either. Wishing them all the best if they're legit as they seem to be based on the above posts as competition is good in any marketplace. They do need to visit their marketing practices though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2014, 05:48 AM   #17  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

They may have a great selection of dies but the website design IMHO is awful. They focus on the cost and not the image. I don't think I'll go there very often just because I don't like the web design.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

I appreciate the replies shared so far. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2015, 01:48 AM   #19  
Cardstock Collector

Default Good morning! I�m new in this site :)

Just to let you know... I tried to purchase from them a set of dies (I�m currently living in Spain) Scrapbooking is widely spread here in Europe but sometimes you just want that set if stamps or a specific die! :/

My experience with this store was not as smooth as i�m used to with other online purchases i�ve made... I paid for an item on the 10/15/15, recieved a notification or order number, nothing strange by the time... So i waited and waited and waited and got no message confirming the item shipped out or not... I wrote twice to them and got no reply... This is now the 10/21/15... I called the store (from $pain) and someone confirmed me that the item might be shipped or might be cancelled due to �out of stock�... The order got cancelled and i asked to see �what about my refund?�since i�ve gotten zero response from the store i made a claim to paypal... Guess what?! I received a email from the person i spoke with i asume angry because i didn�t wait to speak with him first and got told �now you wait for paypal to make the decision�... That was mean don�t you think?

By the way the store goes by the name �scrapyland�not die-licius

Guess who�s never buying from them again :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2015, 10:23 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It looks like Scrapyland and Die-Licious are two different companies, with two separate websites:
:: Welcome to DieLicious::
Welcome to Scrapy Land Inc - One stop shop for scrapbooking and stamping supplies

Scrapyland has an updated blog and a design team. There is nothing about the site that would make me think "scammer."

Can someone else jump in with their experiences with these companies?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2015, 11:34 AM   #21  
Cardstock Collector

Default Hi!

Hi! That�s what i thought at first... Check out the contact phone number and you will see it's the same one... I�ve never used scrapyland before... On that time i used the die-licious website to make the purchase
Reply With Quote Likes