Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-22-2009, 07:07 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Does anyone still use QuicKutz?

I feel like I am so far behind in the stamping/scrapping world. I just got a QuicKutz with the Moxie alphabet.

Does anyone still use this machine?

Any pointers that I need to know before I start buying dyes and such?

Any tips would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Jamie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I've been a QK lover, collector and user since they first came on the market. I use the fonts much more than the shapes. You have the Squeeze for now, but I think you might want the Revolution and the longer platform - they will do so much more! Look around for sales - QK has drastically reduced pricing on all their dies. You can cut Bosskut and Spellbinders dies with the REV. If you have a Hobby Lobby near you, they have all their QK on sale - 50% off - this week. There are thousands of us users - QK will never go out of style, and if you run into any trouble - give QK a call - they most assuredly have the best customer service of any company out there!

Molly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 07:40 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one but haven't used it in awhile. It is fun collecting the dies. Only one tip to pass along is to try the dies with adhesive backed card stock...it is like making your own stickers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 07:46 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I use them and love them. Lately, I have been using the Revolution scalloped circle dies most often, but I still love the smaller shapes. I have a binder packed full!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 08:10 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

I love my quickutz. I just recently (within the last year) discovered them and have been a user ever since. I have several alphas as well as a bunch of other shapes becuase I can get shapes from them that I cannot get from any other die cut company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

I love my Quickutz stuff!! I have the Revolution and a ton of shapes and alphabets. I find their line much more to my taste than Sizzix, Cuttlebug Dies and even Cricut items. I actually use the QK alphas a lot more than my Cricut because I like the fonts better and I don't have to decide what size to do...you get one size...that's it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #7  
Inking Addict

Default Quickutz

Just a note - DIL bought a Quickutz Squeeze and the Revolution last summer. She kept the Squeeze at her house, left the Revolution with me. I've used it a couple of times but managed to break the teeth off the piece that draws the platform through the machine.

An email to Quickutz got me replacement gears - just remove the handle and follow the instructions. Screw head distorted without loosening. Now the machine and replacement gears are in a box, ready to ship back for repairs.

Worst of all, I have NO IDEA what I did to break the machine! The card stock I was trying to cut wasn't too thick and I was very careful to load all the pieces properly.

I'd like to know what other cutters are available that I can use the Quickutz dies in. I have the Sizzix Sidekick, which works well for the Sizzix dies but would take a lot of padding to get the Quickutz dies to work and I don't want to experiment and risk losing that cutter too. sab
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabknitsView Post
Just a note - DIL bought a Quickutz Squeeze and the Revolution last summer. She kept the Squeeze at her house, left the Revolution with me. I've used it a couple of times but managed to break the teeth off the piece that draws the platform through the machine.

An email to Quickutz got me replacement gears - just remove the handle and follow the instructions. Screw head distorted without loosening. Now the machine and replacement gears are in a box, ready to ship back for repairs.

Worst of all, I have NO IDEA what I did to break the machine! The card stock I was trying to cut wasn't too thick and I was very careful to load all the pieces properly.

I'd like to know what other cutters are available that I can use the Quickutz dies in. I have the Sizzix Sidekick, which works well for the Sizzix dies but would take a lot of padding to get the Quickutz dies to work and I don't want to experiment and risk losing that cutter too. sab

Those Quickutz-Dies work fine with the cuttlebug machine. You need only the plates, that you get with the machine, no layering with aditional paper is needed.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

The QuicKutz will work in the Sizzix Big Kick or Big Shot. You need the multi purpose platform and a pair of cutting pads, and those come with the majority of machines. You can usually get a Big Kick on sale at some point at Joann for around $50, or if you get a 40 or 50% off coupon and the Big Kick isn't on sale, you can use the coupon and get it for around $50. It's great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2009, 09:03 PM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

If you don't want to buy another cutter, you can use the QK dies (2x2 or small cookie cutter shapes only) in the Sidekick. You just need to buy the adapters--they come 10 in a pack and are very inexpensive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2009, 05:03 AM   #11  
Crimping Master

I use mine all the time. In fact I probably use my alphabets etc. more than ever since I got my Cuttlebug. It's so much faster and easier to cut out six letters at a time than when I just used the handtool.

They have some cute new 4 x 4 dies (label, cupcakes etc.) that I just picked up a while ago
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2009, 05:55 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

There are some neat releases from QK today. Adhesive backed vellum, chipboard, cork, vinyl, and magnet. Some cute butterfly shapes. There are embossing folders (email said they're plastic) too. And stuff for glass etching. There are also several new alphabets. I love QK stuff (especially the alphabets). I use them in my Big Kick all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2009, 06:39 AM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

I love my QK dies!! I mostly have alphabets. I use them in my Big Kick and they work great!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #14  
Kookie Creator

I have been using quickutz for years. I like their shapes and alphabets over any other die cut machine. I do not have a Revolution. I am waiting for the new release (could be years, I know). I use my CB.
My advice, look closely at the shaps you buy. I have found that I am not patient enough to purchase the shapes that require multiple passes through the machine. If a die requires multiple colors and has small pieces, I will pass it up. It may be just me. But, it is something to think about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #15  
Crimping Master

Uh yes! I own a Wishblade but still use QK dies every so often.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 03:04 AM   #16  
Gabfest Goddess

I have the handtool, the Revolution, and the Cuttlebug. I use all and love all. A lot of times I will use my Nestabilities in my Revolution or the other way around. I use what is best for the job I am doing. I find I need, use, and love them all. I use alphas, Cookie Cutter, and Nesties the most in all of my tools. Here is a 6x6 recipe page I just did the weekend QK Typist alpha. I hadn't pulled this particular alpha out in a while, and I need to remember to use it more. I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 05:25 AM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have a Archiver's close to you, they have exclusive dies from QK. I just picked up a cute cupcake die with a 30% off coupon! Fits really well on a card front.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 06:35 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

The LSS near my house recently received some refurbished Revolutions from Quickutz that HAVE THE SAME WARRANTY as a new one. The best part was the price...$24.99!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2017, 05:42 PM   #19  
Cardstock Collector

Default Inherited/Frustrated

I inherited thousands upon thousands of these amazing little frustrating things. I absolutely love them and have enjoyed using them, but organizing them is a completely different story.
I came across something called a Wendaful guide that has been kinda helpful, but sometimes more confusing.
My Kutz look like the pictures in the guide, but the part numbers are different.
Can someone, anyone PLEASE PLEASE help me before I lose my OCD mind?!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2017, 11:54 PM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,087 Likes on 832 Posts

I only have about ten of them. Are you trying to catalogue them? Why not forget about trying to do it "by the book" and just do it for yourself, labelling them with a relevant description rather than the original part number. Even with Spellbinders it's hard enough figuring out some of their retired dies, and they have more of a presence on the web.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 02:20 AM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm with Cook22 here- organise in a way that works for you. That works far better than using part numbers. You can buy pages of pocket storage sheets for QK dies, and store them in a binder. You can buy QK binders, I just put mine in an A4 binder. That way you can organise by theme, which makes everything much easier to find, therefore more likely to get used.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2017, 12:36 PM   #22  
Cardstock Collector

The are very well organized. I am wanting to identify them. That's why I was interected in part numbers. Some came with original identity cards, a lot didn't. So I'm not sure if some are missing or what have you. My Grandma kept them very organized, OCD runs strong in our family. Lol
A gifted curse
Thank you for your feedback
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2017, 07:50 AM   #23  
Compulsive Stamper

Well, I'm still not sure about your problem but the dies tell you how many go together for one complete die cut. On the die tab it says e.g. 1-2-0555. So this would be the first of two dies of the die with number 0555. Hope that was somehow understandable as I'm not a native English speaker. Cheers Isa
NB: To indentify a die usually a Google search with Quickutz and the four digit number helps quit well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2019, 11:30 AM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

Default QuickKutz Cookie Cutter Contact Card

I was gifted this die and have no idea what it is to be used for. Anyone have an answer for me? It has a 2009 copyright on it so it is quite old.

Here is my Flickr url: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vangerhofer/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2019, 11:46 AM   #25  
Compulsive Stamper

This one? Then it can be used for the Rolodex system.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2019, 02:33 PM   #26  
Matboard Maniac

Default QuickKutz Cookie Cutter Contact Card

It was a round one and since I don't have a roller dex I guess I will have to see how else it can be used.

Here is my Flickr url: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vangerhofer/
Reply With Quote Likes