Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #681  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,934 Likes on 2,199 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
I KNEW if I waited LONG ENOUGH, someone else would come up with a BETTER Envelope Punch Board! Check here is you want to know more: Dawns stamping thoughts Stampin'Up! Demonstrator Stamping Videos Stamp Workshop Classes Scissor Charms Paper Crafts

CAN'T WAIT for the RELEASE!!!!!!!!!
Dawn doesn't really say it's better, just that it's awesome. It looks like it makes as many as the envelope punch board. I'm wondering if it is SU! exclusive or if it's like some of their other products. They are Sizzix with an SU label. I ordered the 1/16" circle punch once from an SU dealer and when it arrived it had the fiskars name on it! I could have bought it in the store, but I bought it for another demo friend who likes to use SU exclusively for classes. So I would be very curious to see if this will be something different or if they are just selling the same product....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #682  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Dawn doesn't really say it's better, just that it's awesome. It looks like it makes as many as the envelope punch board. I'm wondering if it is SU! exclusive or if it's like some of their other products. They are Sizzix with an SU label. I ordered the 1/16" circle punch once from an SU dealer and when it arrived it had the fiskars name on it! I could have bought it in the store, but I bought it for another demo friend who likes to use SU exclusively for classes. So I would be very curious to see if this will be something different or if they are just selling the same product....
Kathy, I'll bet you are right. Here is a blog post from another SU demo that more or less says it is identical:

"Stampin' Up! will soon have a NEW Envelope Punch Board for making quick & super-easy envelopes in 66 different sizes! Woohoo!

Although I can't share photos of this product yet, I can let you know that this new tool may or may not be (wink) nearly identical to the Envelope Punch Board that you may have already seen somewhere out there on the internet. Google it."

Too Cool Stamping

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #683  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Kathy, I'll bet you are right. Here is a blog post from another SU demo that more or less says it is identical:

"Stampin' Up! will soon have a NEW Envelope Punch Board for making quick & super-easy envelopes in 66 different sizes! Woohoo!

Although I can't share photos of this product yet, I can let you know that this new tool may or may not be (wink) nearly identical to the Envelope Punch Board that you may have already seen somewhere out there on the internet. Google it."

Too Cool Stamping
Thanks for that extra info, bugga....I thought that might just be the case. I'm still loving mine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #684  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased my board on May 22 and have made around 30-40 envelopes with it. I've found the punching mechanism seems to want to stick and not punch smoothly from time to time. Last night, I noticed it wasn't sitting correctly in the slot for it. It all came apart in my hand and I can see on the inside that there was a groove in the plastic that wasn't hollowed out properly so it won't sit flat. It appears to be a flaw from the assembly line that was overlooked. I looked on the WRMK website for warranty information as I don't have my original packaging and couldn't find any. I've written the company and am awaiting a response. It shouldn't have broken after such little use. Hopefully just one bad one out of thousands of good ones :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #685  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharnishView Post
I purchased my board on May 22 and have made around 30-40 envelopes with it. I've found the punching mechanism seems to want to stick and not punch smoothly from time to time. Last night, I noticed it wasn't sitting correctly in the slot for it. It all came apart in my hand and I can see on the inside that there was a groove in the plastic that wasn't hollowed out properly so it won't sit flat. It appears to be a flaw from the assembly line that was overlooked. I looked on the WRMK website for warranty information as I don't have my original packaging and couldn't find any. I've written the company and am awaiting a response. It shouldn't have broken after such little use. Hopefully just one bad one out of thousands of good ones :-)
I had a few issues with the punch at first but then noticed it wasn't sitting correctly in the slot. I pushed it into the slot and haven't had a problem since!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #686  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI all, I contacted WRMK via FB about my broken punch board, they directed me to email customer service. There was a solid month of me emailing them and receiving no response. I started contacting via FB again and was given a cust service manager email. Within a week, I had a brand-new punch board in my hands. Yes, it took them a long time to get anything done, but as soon as they heard about the issue, they quickly offered to send me a new board once I sent pics and boom--the new punch board arrived in days. I work for a company that has a really strong focus on customer service, so I only purchase from companies that do the same. Glad to report WRMK stepped up and made the situation right! Hope this new board stays together!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #687  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharnishView Post
Gosh, so sorry you seem to have gotten a "lemon." I hope they make it good and send you a new board. It really is a handy little gadget and I use mine a lot.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #688  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Yes Stampin up! is selling a Envelope Punch board. It looks just like the WRMK's board.

The only different's is the color of the button and writing. And it says Stampin' UP! on the board.

You can not contact your Demo and get one NOW

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #689  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
:confused:
I think she meant to say You CAN contact your demo now and get one! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #690  
Rubber Obsessor

Michaels will be carrying this tool. The one for the classroom has already been received. Just don't know when the shipment will be in for customers to purchase. Also demo is scheduled for Saturday, September 28.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #691  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm hopeful they'll stand behind their product. The funny thing is, SU's board is made by WRMK and it is actually a few dollars cheaper (not counting shipping) than what I paid for mine locally. I think I paid $23 for it and SU's is under $20, in the $18 range, if I recall correctly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #692  
Matboard Maniac

Picked up the board at Michaels today. It has the corrected 3x3 measurements but thought the A2 measurements would be corrected too. They aren't. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #693  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

THAT is REALLY SAD!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #694  
Matboard Maniac

I should clarify since I've done a little bit more research. The WRMK's & SU! board both have the same A2 measurements. What the SU board has that the WRMK's one doesn't is the 4.25 x 5.5 card. I'm not sure if WRMK's plans on including this card in the future. All I did is make a sticker w/ my Ptouch and placed it on the board.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #695  
Hardware Hotshot

It's SAD that people have to make THEIR OWN CORRECTIONS to a product that SHOULD HAVE the CORRECT MEASUREMENTS ON IT! BASICALLY, you've paid for a product to have the correct measurements & they DIDN'T put the correct measurements on it! SO SAD that a company is happy with a product that isn't it's best! AND this far into the "game" it STILL HASN'T been corrected! SUPER PRODUCT IDEA, BUT.........!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #696  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

I've had my Envelope Punch Board for about a month and have made lots of A2 sized envelopes using Bugga's measurements and they have all turned out great. Today I tried making some 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 envelopes and the measurements are way off and my cards had no embellishments on them at all and wouldn't fit in the finished envelope. The measurements for this size were 11 x 11 paper, scored at 4 1/2. I tried another at 11 1/4 x 11 1/4, scored at 4 3/4 and it was larger than I needed but at least the card fit inside. I have a chart and a sticker that came with the board but their measurements are metric which does me no good at all. I emailed a request for the proper corrected sticker and hope it comes soon. I don't think I'll be making many large envelopes since the score line doesn't come to the end of the larger paper, making it difficult to line up the next score line. Guess I'll still have to buy those large size envelopes. I've been making the larger cards to use up more of my huge stash of patterned paper and thought the larger size would use up even more of the stash.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #697  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeinSparksView Post
I've had my Envelope Punch Board for about a month and have made lots of A2 sized envelopes using Bugga's measurements and they have all turned out great. Today I tried making some 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 envelopes and the measurements are way off and my cards had no embellishments on them at all and wouldn't fit in the finished envelope. The measurements for this size were 11 x 11 paper, scored at 4 1/2. I tried another at 11 1/4 x 11 1/4, scored at 4 3/4 and it was larger than I needed but at least the card fit inside. I have a chart and a sticker that came with the board but their measurements are metric which does me no good at all. I emailed a request for the proper corrected sticker and hope it comes soon. I don't think I'll be making many large envelopes since the score line doesn't come to the end of the larger paper, making it difficult to line up the next score line. Guess I'll still have to buy those large size envelopes. I've been making the larger cards to use up more of my huge stash of patterned paper and thought the larger size would use up even more of the stash.
Diane, sorry you had trouble with the larger envelopes. Here is a link to a corrected chart online. You can print it out to go by until you get a corrected sticker:

http://www.weronthenet.com/File/View...5-2d8b6d658ea9

PS the measurements on the corrected chart for the 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 envie are the same as the ones you used. Don't know what's up with that, if yours didn't turn out right.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #698  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Well the reason mine didn't turn out right was due to operator error!!-me! :oops: After reading Bugga's PS above, I got out some paper and tried again and was very careful with both my cutting and scoring measurements and the card fit. My first envelope must not have been cut correctly since the finished size was exactly 8 1/2 x 6. Still find it easier to make the smaller sizes but glad to know my Envelope Punch measurements are correct.
Thanks Bugga.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #699  
Kookie Creator

I agree that the measurements should have been correct from the start. Being the sad person that I am, I am going through all the Sizes and making one up in every size out of scrap paper then I will know exactly how big each one is! You do have to be very accurate with your paper cutting and placement on the board. Still a good product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2013, 03:57 AM   #700  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

It's SAD that people have to make THEIR OWN CORRECTIONS to a product that SHOULD HAVE the CORRECT MEASUREMENTS ON IT! BASICALLY, you've paid for a product to have the correct measurements & they DIDN'T put the correct measurements on it! SO SAD that a company is happy with a product that isn't it's best! AND this far into the "game" it STILL HASN'T been corrected! SUPER PRODUCT IDEA, BUT.........!
It has been. Even on videos I have seen some very sloppy user error blamed on the product when it was very obvious user error- if you don't line it up properly you will not get a good envelope.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #701  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeinSparksView Post
Well the reason mine didn't turn out right was due to operator error!!-me! :oops: After reading Bugga's PS above, I got out some paper and tried again and was very careful with both my cutting and scoring measurements and the card fit. My first envelope must not have been cut correctly since the finished size was exactly 8 1/2 x 6. Still find it easier to make the smaller sizes but glad to know my Envelope Punch measurements are correct.
Thanks Bugga.
You're welcome, Diane. After I saw your post, I got out my punch board and made an envelope that size. The one I made was a pretty tight fit, but it did fit the card. I've found it's pretty important to be precise about the cutting, scoring and folding as it makes a difference in the size of the finished envelope. It helps to put the pattern paper face down, and score on the white side, if your paper is not double sided. It's easier to see the first score mark on the white side, so all the following score lines are correct.

The majority of cards I make are standard A2 size which are indeed easier to make. In order to accommodate the really large size envelopes, they would have needed to make the board quite a bit bigger, or create a fold out option for the longer score line. That probably would have increased the cost of the punch and made it a larger tool. I like that it's small and easy to store.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #702  
Polyshrink Goddess

Has anyone here made envelopes using plain white printer paper? I know the envelope punch boards are being marketed for use with printed designer papers, but if anyone out there is using plain printer paper please let me know what weight you are using. I would presume that regular 20# copier paper may be too thin (see-through) to use as an envelope material for sending a card in the mail.

Thanks,
Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #703  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalStamper63View Post
Has anyone here made envelopes using plain white printer paper? I know the envelope punch boards are being marketed for use with printed designer papers, but if anyone out there is using plain printer paper please let me know what weight you are using. I would presume that regular 20# copier paper may be too thin (see-through) to use as an envelope material for sending a card in the mail.

Thanks,
Kelli
I think I saw that someone said they used copy paper to make envelopes. But I tried it, and didn't think it worked very well. One, the paper is thin, and I'm afraid it wouldn't go through the PO machines unharmed. Two, I found it difficult to score the paper because of its thinness. Then I also had trouble folding the score lines in the right place because I couldn't score it deeply enough to start with. The copy paper I used was 20# from Walmart.

So, I'm going to stick with the patterned papers I have with the white backs. It's the kind that comes in those huge stacks with 180 sheets and is the perfect weight for envelopes in my opinion. Plus, I have lots and lots of it.

If I want a white envelope, I put the pattern inside. If I'm feeling adventuresome, I put the pattern on the outside.

I haven't looked, but I'm sure there are heavier weights of copy-type paper available.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #704  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Thanks,
Kelli
I just tried 20#. It would be okay to hand deliver a card, but through the mail, it would be too flimsy. 24# may work, but I don't think I have any to try. I will check and post if I find some. I would say that 20# is also to light to score. The paper moves while scoring and then makes your score lines off a bit. And when you try to crease your folds, it sometimes doesn't fold on the lines...too flimsy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #705  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I think I saw that someone said they used copy paper to make envelopes. But I tried it, and didn't think it worked very well. One, the paper is thin, and I'm afraid it wouldn't go through the PO machines unharmed. Two, I found it difficult to score the paper because of its thinness. Then I also had trouble folding the score lines in the right place because I couldn't score it deeply enough to start with. The copy paper I used was 20# from Walmart.

So, I'm going to stick with the patterned papers I have with the white backs. It's the kind that comes in those huge stacks with 180 sheets and is the perfect weight for envelopes in my opinion. Plus, I have lots and lots of it.

If I want a white envelope, I put the pattern inside. If I'm feeling adventuresome, I put the pattern on the outside.

I haven't looked, but I'm sure there are heavier weights of copy-type paper available.
LOL, great minds think alike!! We basically said the same thing at the same time! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #706  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the quick replies, Bugga and Muskrat. Where would I find 24#--office supply stores?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #707  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

LOL, great minds think alike!! We basically said the same thing at the same time! LOL
Yes, Kathy - I'm glad you've got my back (and my front, lol.)

We are kindred souls from the start with this envelope punch!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #708  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Thanks for the quick replies, Bugga and Muskrat. Where would I find 24#--office supply stores?
I think Walmart carries some 24# but I haven't tried that weight, so maybe you would want to test it first...I am thinking it would work, and at least not as flimsy as the 20#.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #709  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Yes, Kathy - I'm glad you've got my back (and my front, lol.)

We are kindred souls from the start with this envelope punch!
It's funny you mention "you've got my back" because just this weekend my friend was telling me her 3 year old grandson (who is diabetic) had got some kind of diabetic, yet tasty, candy and he says to her "grammy, daddy has my back!" LOL He's adorable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #710  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I think Walmart carries some 24# but I haven't tried that weight, so maybe you would want to test it first...I am thinking it would work, and at least not as flimsy as the 20#.
I made one using 24# and it turned out really nice. I get my copy paper at Wal-Mart.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #711  
Crimping Master

I am so very hipped--I got one yesterday at Michaels' with a 50% off coupon --first thing I did was use a piece of copy paper just to try it out!! So excited and from what I can tell this one has new measurements--I printed out the PDF the company was offering and went though every line and checked, everything was the same. I am so happy to get this as I have a ton of DSP I can use up. All is good!! I think I have pretty much read all 18 pages of this post since it started. You guys are AWESOME!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #712  
Pearl-ExPert

Update on my faulty board. WRMK is sending me out a replacement :-) Glad they're standing behind their product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #713  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does Hobby Lobby sell the envelope punch board?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #714  

Received 283 Likes on 168 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookie1031View Post
Does Hobby Lobby sell the envelope punch board?
HL just got them in stock. I bought mine there on Friday, used a 40% off coupon. With tax, it was just under $13.00
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #715  
Hardware Hotshot

I KNOW there will be certain ones that will want to SMACK me for asking this, BUT have you checked the measurements on the board??? Are they ALL CORRECT???? I know I have been a FIERCE CRITIC of this board because of their BIG MISTAKE in the beginning, BUT I have ALWAYS thought this was a SUPER IDEA & wanted one myself!!!!!!!! HOW do you know if you bought one it will have the CORRECTED MEASUREMENTS???? I REALLY don't want to buy one & then have to download a chart to correct it! I would feel CHEATED!!! $13.00 is a GREAT PRICE with the coupon!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #716  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I KNOW there will be certain ones that will want to SMACK me for asking this, BUT have you checked the measurements on the board??? Are they ALL CORRECT???? I know I have been a FIERCE CRITIC of this board because of their BIG MISTAKE in the beginning, BUT I have ALWAYS thought this was a SUPER IDEA & wanted one myself!!!!!!!! HOW do you know if you bought one it will have the CORRECTED MEASUREMENTS???? I REALLY don't want to buy one & then have to download a chart to correct it! I would feel CHEATED!!! $13.00 is a GREAT PRICE with the coupon!!!!!!!!!
At this point, if you are buying new, they should all be the correct measurements. I would think that they only way you would get one with the incorrect ones would be if you bought one from someone who had purchased early and wanted to sell it now. (Like at a yard sale or personal sale) I would think all stores would only have the new ones to sell now because they had all been sold out before. KWIM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #717  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I found this tip from We R Memory Keepers on Facebook about the envelope punch board:

"Take a look at the 3x3" Envelope Size on the Punch Board. The original measurements for that size will be 5 3/8� x 5 3/8� with a 2 �� score line. If that�s the size listed for the 3x3� Envelope Size, then please email us for a replacement sticker."

In other words, the measurements above are INCORRECT. If your board has that on the chart, it is an earlier board.

The correct measurement for the 3x3 Envelope size should say:

5-1/4 x 5-1/4 with a 2-5/8 score line. If the board has that, it is a new, correct board.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #718  
Hardware Hotshot

THANKS LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will DEFINATELY TAKE NOTICE of those measurements!!!!!!!!!! MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #719  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

THANKS LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will DEFINATELY TAKE NOTICE of those measurements!!!!!!!!!! MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!
Good! I know you will love using it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #720  
Matboard Maniac

I was at a class the other night at my LRSS and we started talking about the punch board and how some of us were not that impressed by it. Our instructor gave us a little tip and it's made a world of difference for me. Instead of rotating 90 degrees after the first punch and score - skip the 90 degrees and rotate 180 degrees instead, punch and score. Then go back and do the other two corners. In other words, punch and score the opposite corners. I've found that everything lines up better and now I'm much more impressed with the board.

erin
Reply With Quote Likes