Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-11-2007, 05:23 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ez mount ebay problem

I just wanted to let people know that I regularly buy things from the bay and rarely have had a problem. I recently ordered ez mount from *** 10 days ago. I got an email saying they should have it any day now. This was a Buy it Now item that I paid for on the 1st. Would you leave negative feedback for this? Their very long policy on the ad says they admit they aren't the fastest shippers and that sometimes it takes 10 Business days to ship. That tells me they sell something before they have it. I don't give neg feedback lightly. What do you all think?

Last edited by Jovi; 04-11-2007 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: Removed name
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 05:45 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

How can you leave negative feedback when they are doing exactly as advertised?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 05:54 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with housefan. Since the seller has stated they typically take ten business days to ship, technically today is only business day 8 since April 1st. I've run into a few sellers who sell on eBay and then order the product. I think that if you leave them a negative feedback, you are also opening yourself up to legitimately receiving negative feedback, especially since they state in their policies that it can take up to ten business days.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 05:56 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

If it states that it could take 10 days to ship then you really can't leave negative feedback about it. It does sound as though they are selling items before they have it though, which I think is wrong, but that's just an opinion

�So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.�
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 05:56 AM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

Isn't it against eBay's rules for sellers to sell items they don't actaully have in their hot little hands? If so, don't leave neg feedback for the seller -- don't leave *any* feedback. Instead, report them to eBay with the email they sent saying the store is still waiting for the item to get to them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 05:59 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

I used a Buy It Now on three different auctions from *** on 3/15, 3/16 and 3/17 and haven't received them yet. I also ordered several other items from them that did arrive. Yes, I would like my items, but at least they have kept me in the loop that the A2 Cuttlebug folders that I ordered are on backorder from Provocraft. In the package that did arrive from them, they included a schedule of when these items should arrive. Because of their constant updates as to the status of these items, I won't be leaving them any negative feedback. (I was initially bummed that they sold me these items that they didn't even have in stock, but then it seems like everyone else is out of them too.)

They gave me the option to exchange for other items or to get a refund. Well, I still want these particular A2 folders, so I'm just going to sit tight.

Kimberly

Last edited by Jovi; 04-11-2007 at 06:16 AM.. Reason: removed name
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 06:03 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with everyone that it wouldn't be right to leave negative feedback since they're listing stated they take up to 10 days to ship. Also, they did communicate with you vs. leaving your hanging.

I've learned to carefully read these listings *before* buying or bidding. If the seller states that they ship once per week, has extremely high shipping charges, etc. I look elsewhere for the product. I'd rather not take the chance.

Depending on when they ship/you receive the item, you have the option of leaving no feedback, neutral feedback, and/or contacting ebay about this seller.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 06:06 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

eBay does allow "pre-sale" items:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 06:26 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

I have decided to longer leave feedback for anything negative or not. I left negative feedback for someone who was a thief and did not send me my item (he also did not send it to another woman who I got in touch with) he in turn lied and left negative feedback on me!! I paid him 5 minutes after I won the auction. HUGE lesson learned as Ebay will not remove the feedback even though it was falsely left. Today is only the 11th so I would wait until the end of the month and if you still dont have anything I would just take it up with Paypal or Ebay. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 09:15 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't buy too much on ebay, but have had good luck so far.

I have a friend that buys lots of vintage linens, old, old hand embroidered things.

She is constantly in a fuss with someone over something. The sellers will retaliate if you leave negative feedback, so I would not advise it. It just seems to turn into "internet drama" and doesn't really change anything.

I try to order only from people who have at least 99% positive feedback, and then I try to read between the lines when I look at their feedback comments.

Sometimes it is not what people say, but what they don't say that is the tipoff.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 09:25 AM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by love scrappin
I have decided to longer leave feedback for anything negative or not. I left negative feedback for someone who was a thief and did not send me my item (he also did not send it to another woman who I got in touch with) he in turn lied and left negative feedback on me!! I paid him 5 minutes after I won the auction. HUGE lesson learned as Ebay will not remove the feedback even though it was falsely left. Today is only the 11th so I would wait until the end of the month and if you still dont have anything I would just take it up with Paypal or Ebay. Good luck.
I feel like the feedback is worthless if everyone is so worried about having a 100% next to their name they won't leave feedback for those that deserve it. I leave negative when it is appropriate and discovered that I can add a comment under a negative someone retaliates with. I have 3 negatives. 1 I deserved for letting my sister use my account and then shipping slow, but 2 were from nut jobs.

I wouldn't leave a negative if the seller's policy states it can take up to 10 days to ship. I think you can take up to 30 days under ebay policy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

I agree that I would NOT leave a negative, when it states right in their description that it can take 10 days to ship ... they are doing what they said and you agreed to it when you bought the item. And if they admit to being slow shippers, they probably ARE and you will get your stuff eventually. Just keep the Paypal claim date in mind while you are waiting for your stuff, just in case you need to file for a claim.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 04:27 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

OK everyone I think neg feedback is out. I saw they said 10 business days but on the BUY IT NOW option that says we have it in stock to me. I learned my lesson the hard way and since others have had difficulty I won't buy from this seller anymore. Sheesh all I wanted was EZ mount. I have 100 feedback myself and always pay the minute it's over. I guess if I pay right away I think I should have my stuff too. Never a problem until now, so I have been lucky. thanks for all of your input. I'll just suck it up and pout and wait
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 04:38 PM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

When you do a wholesale purchase through Sunday International - it takes them 2-3 days to process the order and then they ship ups ground. So if the ebay seller has to wait that long before they receive the item - that is why they say it takes ten days before they ship.
Reply With Quote Likes