Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-09-2016, 06:19 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 83 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Genesis Paper Trimmer/Bonnie's Best Art Tools

Does anyone have any information on Bonnie's Best Art Tools or the Genesis paper trimmer?

The same message has been on the website for a couple of years about being out of stock. I was able to add a a guide bar to my cart, but other individual parts are not available due to a parts issue according to a message in my cart.

The FB page has not been updated in about 3 years now.

Any info???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2016, 02:51 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would really love to know too because I have been wanting one of these paper cutters for ages. I put myself on the waiting list but I am guessing it might have gone into a black hole.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2016, 03:44 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Julia, I have one and can't imagine doing without it. I was actually going to order the cutting replacement assembly. Not that I even need it yet, but to have just in case...

I emailed Bonnie but haven't heard back. She used to be on here, but she hasn't posted anything since 2014.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2016, 07:54 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I want a Genesis too so I hope they are still in business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 02:53 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

This is the phone number for Bonnie's on Google: Phone:(404) 869-0081; I would call her.

I order something else for her about 3 months ago with fast service and no problems so I would think she was still in business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2016, 04:38 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay....now I want one of those!!! I have been looking at stack paper cutters but this looks awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2016, 12:48 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've been wanting one for years, but finally got tired of waiting for them to become available and the lack of response other people were getting regarding whether they were even in business anymore. I purchased a Rotatrim Professional Trimmer instead and have been very happy with it. I can cleanly cut 3 pieces of Gina K heavy weight cardstock and even chip board. A bonus is it cost me less than what I would have paid for the larger Genesis which is what I would have bought.

This is the one I got from Amazon:
Amazon.com : Rotatrim RC RCM15 15-Inch Cut Rotatrim Professional-15 Cutter : Printer Cutters : Camera & Photo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2016, 09:45 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Arizona I just put one in my cart on Amazon. Im so frustrated by cutters I have purchased.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2016, 02:11 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh man!!! Now I want this too!! ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2016, 01:38 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I love mine. It isn't made of kryptonite. Surely someone should be able to build one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2016, 08:13 AM   #11  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I have one and it is the best trimmer out there. I also have the green one - cutter pillar that I think is very comparable, just not as well made (it is well made but the genesis is all metal just feels professional, where the cutter pillar has some plastic on it.) If genesis one is no longer available I think the cutter pillar would be a good substitution for most.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2016, 09:27 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Im not a cutterpilkar fan...but I want to be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by binkiemonstermomView Post
I have one and it is the best trimmer out there. I also have the green one - cutter pillar that I think is very comparable, just not as well made (it is well made but the genesis is all metal just feels professional, where the cutter pillar has some plastic on it.) If genesis one is no longer available I think the cutter pillar would be a good substitution for most.
I have probably had my Cutterpillar v3 for 2 or 3 years. It has never given a goid cut even with a new blade. It feathers the edges of the paper and leaves some of the paper turned under to give it a weird edge. I have had 3 blades and the results are the same. It is the most accurate cutter that I have ever had just leaves such a poopy edge on the side you cut. I have ordered 4 other cutters over the last few months trying to find a good one. I have so many cutters its depressing! Just got a Fiskars large bed (like 12 x 12) with a gilloutine for cutting. It has a self sharpening blade too. It just came yesterday so I have not had a chance to try it yet.

So tired of wasting money on paper cutters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2016, 01:37 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I have probably had my Cutterpillar v3 for 2 or 3 years. It has never given a goid cut even with a new blade. It feathers the edges of the paper and leaves some of the paper turned under to give it a weird edge. I have had 3 blades and the results are the same. It is the most accurate cutter that I have ever had just leaves such a poopy edge on the side you cut. I have ordered 4 other cutters over the last few months trying to find a good one. I have so many cutters its depressing! Just got a Fiskars large bed (like 12 x 12) with a gilloutine for cutting. It has a self sharpening blade too. It just came yesterday so I have not had a chance to try it yet.

So tired of wasting money on paper cutters.
Amber, when you have a chance to try out your new trimmer, please let me (us) know how you like. I need a new trimmer myself and I prefer the guillotine style as that is what I always use. Thank - you !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2016, 08:39 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

I will try it out tomorrow Connie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2016, 11:34 PM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

You can't really believe anything you find on the internet, but my latest search for info on Bonnie's Best shows the address to be a home, and a further search shows this to be a vacant lot. Who knows?

But I do know I'm mad as, well, I can't say how mad I am. After spending hundreds of dollars (albeit a good product) to be left in limbo like this is unconscionable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2016, 12:54 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Bummer

that nobody can get a hold of her. I always had good service but haven't had a need to order from her in awhile. I would think if you went out of business the website would indicate that. Hope she's okay

http://darlenemcg.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2016, 05:52 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

I just heard from a friend who has been hoping to get one of her cutters, and she said that the owner is ill. So I hope she will recover. Very sad...great product. Another friend has one, and I love using it. Wish someone else would make one like it - with the light. The light feature is what I especially like about the Genesis. Another friend has a Rotatrim and loves it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2017, 08:02 AM   #18  
Forum Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

This is a VERY old thread, but I am reviving it because of some info that might be of interest to those of you still looking for a Genesis trimmer.

FYI, There are 2 different Genesis trimmers for a sale on EBay right now. Both are old models (before Bonnie bought the manufacturing rights?), and have 24" beds. One of them is a buy-it-now for $79 plus shipping, the other is a bid item starting at $39 plus shipping (no bidders when I checked). There was a 3rd Genesis available a couple of days ago that was a Bonnie one with a light....it went for $39 plus shipping.

If you are interested in following these items, just put Genesis trimmer in the search bar at EBay and they will pop up if they are still available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2018, 09:33 AM   #19  
Cardstock Collector

Default Genesis Paper Trimmer

I was so glad to see all these comments on Bonnie and the Genesis. There has been no response to me for the past 3 years. Last comment was for me to put a wheel in the cart and when it came in they would contact me. Well...many years later and my trimmer is leaving my edges a little too ragged. But i love it for what it is.

This thing cuts a straight line, except when due to operator error.

I sure hope if someone gets an inkling of an answer they will share it with all the rest of us. A straight line is why I bought it in the first place.

So who has a good trimmer for that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2018, 10:01 AM   #20  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a Rototrim last month on Amazon. It cuts a very straight line, down to a sliver. It�s made in England and has a five year guarantee. It�s a heavy no frills cutter. I got the smallest one but they have larger ones. It�s important to get the one with the two rails. If you want something that cuts five pieces of cardstock at a time, this is not it but it�s a precision cutter for sure. Here�s a picture of it cutting a sliver off 110 cardstock. Reviews on Amazon were good and people talked about having these still going strong forty years later. The blade is self sharpening. Our FedEx offfice uses these.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2018, 11:49 AM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Rotatrim

I have this same cutter in the 15 in size. It's expensive but worth the money. I've had it for almost 3 years and still love it.

Amazon.com : Rotatrim RC RCM15 15-Inch Cut Professional Paper Cutter/ Trimmer : Printer Cutters : Camera & Photo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2018, 01:08 PM   #22  
Crimping Master

Actually 234. is a better price. It’s only a dollar more than I paid for my 12”. I bought the Rotatrim because I had gone through three failed trimmers, some of them not cheap. I’m in the process of recutting slivers off all the cardsized pieces I screwed up with my last new trimmer. If you take your cardstock to be professionally cut it might not be worth it but I have stopped doing that.

I use my small Fiskars see through wire trimmer for making narrow sentiment strips just because I can eyeball the width and don’t have to stand up. I go through a lot of those little slider blades but it’s held up for three years.

Last edited by maryalena; 06-22-2018 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: clarity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2018, 06:16 PM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

I sold my Genesis and bought a Rotatrim - I LOVE it, and love the fact that I can get a replacement cutting wheel assembly if I need one. I agree with Mary about getting one with dual rails.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2018, 09:08 PM   #24  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
I sold my Genesis and bought a Rotatrim - I LOVE it, and love the fact that I can get a replacement cutting wheel assembly if I need one. I agree with Mary about getting one with dual rails.
Yay! So glad you like yours too and think it is worthy after having a Genesis. I�m relieved to finally have a precision trimmer. There are some videos on replacing the blade but from what I�ve heard they go ages before they have to be replaced.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2018, 11:31 AM   #25  
Embossing Fanatic

I’ve tried emailing Bonnie to see about getting a cutting head replacement just in case something would ever happen. Haven’t heard back at all. Very sorry if something has happened to her. I love my Genesis.
Reply With Quote Likes