Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-21-2017, 11:31 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ink Blending Foams

Does anyone have a problem with tiny black pieces of the foam or velcro coming off constantly? I don't have a lot of the actual stick tools so I store my foams in the back of my distress ink or on the back of my Oxides with a tiny piece of velcro.

Maybe it's me but mine seem to shed A LOT.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

I've not had this issue with the original rectangle foams or the rounds. I also keep each of the foams attached to the ink pads. (I love that the rounds fit perfectly in the bottom of the cube ink pads.) I've had some of these foam pieces for years with no issue. Wish I had an answer for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 07:00 AM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

my older ones are fine. The last ones I bought are junk. The velcro comes off way too easily..had heard they were having issues with the newer ones, and they are. Hope they get it fixed. Or will make my own
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 09:43 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They do seem to be taking a nosedive as time passes. The original ones - which were blue on top, were better than the next iteration, which was black. Now they are still black, and I just got a bunch of the round ones to use with my Oxides. I haven't used them enough to notice the shedding, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Does any product ever improve as the years go by? We're lucky if things just stay the same. Don't get me started on the devolution of Sizzix cutting plates....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 01:42 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
They do seem to be taking a nosedive as time passes. The original ones - which were blue on top, were better than the next iteration, which was black. Now they are still black, and I just got a bunch of the round ones to use with my Oxides. I haven't used them enough to notice the shedding, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Does any product ever improve as the years go by? We're lucky if things just stay the same. Don't get me started on the devolution of Sizzix cutting plates....

Ok well at least I'm not crazy. I was thinking is there only a certain amount of time you can adhere and take them off the velcro? HA HA

I agree that it must be some and not others because I KNOW there are a couple that don't and then I get back to the ones that do.

As always thanks Ladies!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 01:43 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftjunkiescView Post
I've not had this issue with the original rectangle foams or the rounds. I also keep each of the foams attached to the ink pads. (I love that the rounds fit perfectly in the bottom of the cube ink pads.) I've had some of these foam pieces for years with no issue. Wish I had an answer for you.
The organizer in me LOVES that the round ones fit in the bottom too :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2017, 04:27 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine are stuck to the bottom of Oxide inks with Velcro, and on the bottom of Distress minis with nothing holding them. I only have a couple regular sized Distress inks now.

No problems - yet! - with older or newer, but of course Distress inks haven't been around that long. I try to be careful how I peel them off the Velcro. I've washed a few, and Tim suggests it. Just warm water and a scant drop of Dawn. I assume they're not a forever supply, though, especially if using them tons.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2017, 06:17 AM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

I figured this out. I got some bum blenders. I have attached pictures. Unused and used. You can definitely see the difference. The black material on the "good" ones is much more sturdy and you can't pull it off. I could pull it off the black ones with little to no effort. The used ones were used twice. However, a bit of wide post-it tape cleans the black fibers right off the good ones I have. I tossed the others. :/
Reply With Quote Likes