Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-03-2008, 06:46 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ink Pad Issues - Advice Please

I have 2 issues, for both, the ink pads came in my starter kit which I got about 2 weeks ago!

1. My Groovy Guava Pad is very streaky (very dark and saturated looking in some spots and much lighter and drier looking in other areas as well as ridges in the pad) and does not produce a good image esp. when stamping bright images - I originally thought it was my stamps and conditioned them, but I get an almost perfect image when using another color. I know there is a statement that says there are no exchanges on the starter kit in the SU info...do you think they will exchange a bad pad?

2. My Pomegranate pad completely came off the backing and makes a total mess everytime I open it - again do you think they will exchange? I could glue it I am sure (have seen it done w/ other pads), BUT it is brand new - in fact, tonight was the first time I ever opened it to use it!!

Is my best bet to call SU in the morning?

Also, do you find yourself re-inking pads often? I only have a couple re-inkers, but am wondering if they are really worth it!

I am just getting totally into stamping and SU - I have been a scrapper for 4 yrs, but used ink mainly to distress, etc until now!! BTW - I love this place!!

Check out my Blog! -
The Fishy-Scrapper's Chronicles
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2008, 06:55 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Congrats on your new demoship!

I would call Demonstrator Support in the morning to see if they will exchange the ink pads. It sounds like they may be defective. When they say "no exchanges", I think (IMO) they mean the whole kit.

I don't re-ink often, but I use my re-inkers for different techniques, such as watercoloring and the alcohol reinker backgrounds. So I would say to get them - and sooner or later you'll want to re-ink those pads, too, and the In Colors will not be around next year.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks!

I was actually thinking about loading up on In Color paper and re-inkers, just for that reason!!

I am just wondering how often they need to be re-inked. I have a few re-inkers for my stampin spots.

Check out my Blog! -
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Hi scrappinangler:

I'm pretty new to stampin just a couple of years and I'm not a demo. However, you really shouldn't need to reink very often. That's what I've heard from many people. It seems that only when you use a particular inkpad exclusively, i.e. several invitations of something like that, you may want to reink. Each pad should last a long time.

I agree with Janette the ones you received must be defective. I don't think you will have any problem at all getting them replaced. And yes, I've found that with the stampin spots it doesn't hurt to reink them more frequently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2008, 03:21 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the info. I have tons of other ink pads, and never have to re-ink them, but wasn't sure about the lg. SU ones. Some of the ones I got in my starter kit seem a little dry.

Check out my Blog! -
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2008, 03:36 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had some pads that I got about 3 years ago and first re-inked them last night! They do not need it very often usually. But then 1 of my pads was about a year old and I had to re-ink that one last week. It also depends on how much you use them.
My regal rose pad had the glue let loose also. I just used a little bit of Aleenes Tac It and it is stuck down now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2008, 05:03 AM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Question about Groovy Guava - I was sooo excited about getting the GG stamp pad because it looks like a wonderful color. I got mine this weekend, and the color is light version of Really Rust. Is this supposed to be the color?? I was expecting something more like Cameo Coral.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 04:13 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Update:
I called SU yesterday and they are sending me 2 new pads since they are brand new!! They are already showing as shipped!! Awesome customer svc!!

Yeah!

Check out my Blog! -
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 07:24 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Stampin' Up! has AWSOME customer service. I am an Independent Demonstrator and any time there has been a problem with a product, they resolve it promptly, without question. I suggest contacting your demonstrator any time there is a problem, or question on a product or order. I have used my stamp pads at many workshops and events for almost 2 years now, and am just now beginning to come across stamp pads that need re-inked. I definitely would order the ink refills for the In Colors before the new catalog comes out because when they are gone, they are gone:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 07:29 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Stamphappy: My GGuava pad stamps more like Cameo Coral than a rust. However, it seems if I watercolor with it, the more layers of color I put on, the darker (rustier?) it looks. But, for simply stamping an image, I get the Coral hue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 08:09 PM   #11  
Forum Fanatic

I watercolored with Cameo Coral refill and the color is GG. I put a few drops on my plastic pallette, wet my brush with water, and lo and behold it was GG. I liked it better with 2 coats but both are a nice look.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 08:57 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Now, I have a question...why go through the trouble of reinking when you can just buy a new pad for like .80 more? I understand using the reinkers for other things, but seems like unneccessary hassle to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #13  
Forum Fanatic

You have good point as some pads I like better when they are new (India Ink is one). But, you can reink your pad about 4 times with a refill. The refill cost $4.25 so each time you reink it costs .85 per "new pad" versus $21 for 4 new classic pads. For me its also an environmental issue - I like to lower my carbon footprint when I can. Its so hard to be green so I do what little I can.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 04:24 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

A stamp pad is $5.25 vs re-inker $2.75. It is very simple to put a few scattered ink drops on your pad to refresh the ink! It all adds up...why pay for new pads when you could use the extra $$$ for more great products.

I really don't understand the rusty color problems with your stamp pads. You should contact your demonstrator.
Reply With Quote Likes