Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-22-2005, 12:25 PM   #121  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jami for sending me to your discussion thread. After all the discussions I think I have mine narrowed down to 2 choices. http://www.wadsworthwoodcreations.co...les/Page3.html
http://www.bcdservices.com/suink/store/pid_3.htm
I am going to go with the versions that have more than 48 slots so I will be able to place the new colors on it. If anyone has purchased either one of these, please let me know how you liked them.

Thanks
Letha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2005, 05:01 PM   #122  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

I've ordered the rack from kingdom.com and will let you know what I think of it. I like the idea that it can be hung but also that it won't need much depth on a table top. The turntables I have now are just too space consuming.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2005, 08:55 AM   #123  
Crimping Master

My husband made a stamp pad holder for me that is portable & sits nicely on my desk in my stamping room. He has sold several here on SCS & to my customers. He charges $25 for the one that will hold 48 pads & $30 for the one to hold 54 pads (plus postage depending on where it is shipped).

Here is a picture of it:
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2005, 10:27 AM   #124  
Embossing Fanatic

I love all these ideas for storage. Looked at all the sites, and I like them all!! Due to limited funds in order to buy new SU stuff I have decided to check out my town's "freecycle" site. Found a lady that has two wooden cassette holders she wants to give away. All I have to do is go get it! Hope it works for all my ink pads. Thanks gals for all your neat ideas! I will be taking my vacation in two weeks and planning an organization project at home! Can't wait to get the catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2005, 06:13 AM   #125  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220
I've ordered the rack from kingdom.com and will let you know what I think of it. I like the idea that it can be hung but also that it won't need much depth on a table top. The turntables I have now are just too space consuming.
Wow! The rack arrived yesterday and was hung last night. Lots of empty spaces just waiting to be filled unlike my previous storage. The height isn't quite enough for some of my old (not-SU) pads, but I think I will move those to a different area anyway.

In general, I would say this is a good buy. However, I will be watching to see if they do come out with a rack that is specifically made for stampers. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2005, 06:52 AM   #126  
Embossing Fanatic

Jodi . . .I am like you . . I just used the SU ink pad boxes for storage by cutting off the lid and standing them up like a tower. Works perfect. Perfect fit, and they lined up right in front of my work space. I hated the thought of spending so much money on another system, but I bit my lip and got the Dzyntec ones. I figured if I have my own business I deserve it! I was going to get the cassette holders at first, but I really like the acrylic ones, so functional for other things too. Don't know about the doors, but I am sure I will deal with that when they come. I ordered the 10 for $90 special because I am the world's worst getting something and then not being able to go back and get more when my supply expands! You girls get me in so much trouble with myself! I dont' post much because I am usually at work, but I sure spend a lot of time reading everyone's posts! Thank you all for all your organizing tips!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2005, 11:16 AM   #127  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Okay...I did it! I ordered the 10 for $90 and the turntable from dzyntec!!!!!!

I am putting four on the turntable for my classic inks.
I will have 2 on the wall (probably not mounted) for my craft inks and other pads...plus 2 more in the closet until I need them. (I am working on the craft pads). My older sister is buying 2 of them from me as well cause she wanted them. After shipping they came to $13.91 a unit which isn't bad. So for 4 units, a turntable and shipping it would come out to $75...about what the others are for a spinning unit. Plus I get the other units as well....

I AM SO NERVOUS ABOUT FINALLY MAKING A DECISION ON THIS!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2005, 12:05 PM   #128  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys
Okay...I did it! I ordered the 10 for $90 and the turntable from dzyntec!!!!!!

I am putting four on the turntable for my classic inks.
I will have 2 on the wall (probably not mounted) for my craft inks and other pads...plus 2 more in the closet until I need them. (I am working on the craft pads). My older sister is buying 2 of them from me as well cause she wanted them. After shipping they came to $13.91 a unit which isn't bad. So for 4 units, a turntable and shipping it would come out to $75...about what the others are for a spinning unit. Plus I get the other units as well....

I AM SO NERVOUS ABOUT FINALLY MAKING A DECISION ON THIS!!
Good for you! Happiness is having something to look forward to!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2005, 12:33 PM   #129  
Glitter Guru

You will sooooo not be dissapointed - I got mine the other day and I love them....

I did find that I didn't need 3 divided drawers so I got a pair of pliers and broke the dividers out of 2 for each unit - now I have little drawers/boxes to put a bunch of extra stuff - punches, glitter, etc...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2005, 05:00 AM   #130  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenmouer
You will sooooo not be dissapointed - I got mine the other day and I love them....

I did find that I didn't need 3 divided drawers so I got a pair of pliers and broke the dividers out of 2 for each unit - now I have little drawers/boxes to put a bunch of extra stuff - punches, glitter, etc...
How long did it take for yours to come? I am waiting . . waiting . . waiting! It was charged to my credit card on the 28th, so I am hoping the first of next week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2005, 12:06 PM   #131  
Rubber Obsessor

I ordered the ink caddies from www.dzyntec.com on Sunday and they came Friday and I love them! I ordered the 10 for $90. I did have a marker drawer missing and I emailed them Sat. morning and she responed right away and is going to send one out Tues. (Mon. being a holiday). I decided to order the turn table also. So she will send that out with my drawer on Tues. also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 04:38 AM   #132  
Embossing Fanatic

great! I should get mine tomorrow then! I can't wait. Already thinking about the space I need to have for them. I think I am going to love them too. Glad I got the 10 for $90!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 01:31 PM   #133  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Did you all get any kind of shipping confirmation?? I ordered 3 days ago and got an order confirmation, but wondered if I should expect a shipping one or if they would just arrive. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 01:48 PM   #134  
Crimping Master

You probalby won't get anything more - I never got any shipping confirmation or anything like that. Mine just appeared with UPS one day. I am in Ohio and it took just about a week from order date I think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 02:05 PM   #135  
Hardware Hotshot

wow
you ladies rock!
I am feel I am so wealthy when I have resources like you!
Sharing soooooo much!
thank-you in advance

ps
I store in the TROFAST bin / shelves from ikea
It is a good system for me until I can invest millions like I want. I write on the white bins with pencil what the contents are and I can grab and stack them(they have lay on top lids) if I go to the rare party/ demo.I can decide how I'd like it in the future by what ends up together and heat gun and embossing and ink are out of reach of 2 yo ds.He can get into his stamps by himself. and stack or stamp whatever he wants from the low bins.I plan to cut dowel to fit the grooves, for wheels (now living in clear plastic strawberry boxes) and for ribbon and strips of mdg or coroplast with holes for scissors.
I also plan to get shoe pocket door racks for punches and misc stuff. So far so good for my needs, I imagine it has to evolve.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2005, 02:24 PM   #136  
Hardware Hotshot

am i a thread killer?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2005, 03:08 PM   #137  
Embossing Fanatic

got my dzyntec stamp pad organizers today. Wow! I like them. Got some ideas for some of them other than stampin stuff too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2005, 03:35 PM   #138  
Mad Swapper

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Default ink storage

My DH made mine, I was on ebay one day and they had this really nice one and in the description they gave exact measurments so I printed the page out with a picture and measurements and sent DH to the garage. I had to have him make a smaller one to add the new colors but I love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2005, 06:32 AM   #139  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWladybug
got my dzyntec stamp pad organizers today. Wow! I like them. Got some ideas for some of them other than stampin stuff too!
Ugh!!! This week can't get any better!!!! I should get my holders soon, I will have two orders from the SU catty early next week, my ds is having a cool b-day party at PUMP It UP for free!!! Wowzers, I can hardly contain my excitement!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2005, 07:19 AM   #140  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have loved all the input on this thread. I hope this will continue to be a great reference to people looking for the best ink storage for their situation.

Here's my update:
I started thinking that my very best option might actually be a combination of some of the dzyntec units along with either the portaink spinner or the SU caddy. DH (who is sick to death of hearing me compare and agonzie) says I should just buy the 10 dzyntec units, use what I need and sell the rest. Just as I was about ready to order them I was contacted by a fellow SCSer (hi Anne!) who had done just that and had 5 extra units. COOL!!! So I bought them from her this past weekend.

They are soooo pretty!!!! As soon as I got home with them I unpacked them and went into my stamp room to arrange and contemplate and re-arrange and contemplate some more. (And hubby thought all this would end when I got them home - HA!) Almost 2 hours later I had an epiphany...At the moment I really only need 2 of these units - which happen to fit perfectly in the space I talked about in my OP - because as I previously mentioned it will take me 6 months to a year to actually get all new style pads. (My first set of 12 has been ordered, plus I have 4 new colors from pre-order) Until then, 2 of these along with my old case for the old style pads will be just fine. I re-boxed the other 3 units for now and will re-visit this issue some months from now when the need arises (hmm maybe Christmas time?). To use the other 3 units I would have to completely re-arrange things, so we'll see. I still may go with the SU caddy later.

I really love these! I plan to break the dividers out of one drawer and put 12 Craft Spots there (stacked 6 and 6). I tested it out and they will fit in one of the spaces on the right. I took out the divided drawer on the left and will stack 5 more pads there.

I tried out the configuration of the 4 units as they would be on a turntable. It is soooo cool, but I just don't have the room for it. (Emily - you are going to LOVE it!!!)

Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed to this thread. Keep the info and opinions coming!

I'm a happy camper!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2005, 05:43 AM   #141  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Oh Jami, I am so totally excited now! I cannot wait for the UPS guy to bring them to me! I kinda hope it's not today though! Dh and I are going on a date...I'd hate to be consumed with wanting to get my ink pads in order during the movie, lol! I hate that they don't give you tracking or a date or anything...I am so not good with surprises! Oh well, I am sure if you think they are awesome I will be thrilled too!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2005, 05:20 PM   #142  
Kookie Creator

Talking Just got my Ink storage..

Hi, everybody,
I've also been searching for storage for my ink pads. I don't have a lot of ink pads however I needed some organization. I was storing them in a rubbermaid storage box. It was getting too much for me to search for the ink pads each time. So after reading this thread...I ordered the dzyntec system on 7/4 and it came today!!! I can't believe it. Now I feel very organized and can't wait to jump right in again to stamp. Thanks everybody!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2005, 07:15 PM   #143  
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

I ordered the dyzntec units and received them yesterday, I love them!! I went for the 10 deal and really only need 5 so I will try to sell the rest and recoup some of my money. They are really awesome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 10:47 AM   #144  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Okay, here's a pic of the caddies!!

And here's a link to more pics! I love love them!!

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 10:53 AM   #145  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thanks for the visual Em!!! I'll post pics next week after I get all my new colors to fill it up!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 10:10 AM   #146  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Here's the pic of my first 2. I LOVE them!! They are soooo pretty. I'm switching over to "new style" ink pads one set at a time (I have been using the old style). I just got my RR set, plus I had some of the new colors already. I broke out the dividers from one drawer and put in a set of Craft Spots. The one with the Spectrum and Kaleidacolor pads will eventually have the doors taken off (very carefully - thanks to Emily for the advice). But it's not too bad with the doors slightly ajar for now. That one also has some spools of gingham ribbon for the moment.

I only had to move my shelf thingy over less than 2 inches from the pic in my OP to make this fit. Works perfectly for what I have right now.

Hey Emily - how did you get such a big pic to attach? All I can get is a thumbnail.
Attached Thumbnails
Ink Storage - Do you love yours?-ink-storage-stuff.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 12:21 PM   #147  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Looks great Jami! I was just thinking about you today and wondering if you were happy about the decision you made. Thanks to this thread, I have 10 (yes, TEN!) dzyntecs on the way. Can't wait to fill 'em up!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 01:32 PM   #148  
Insane Embellisher

I ordered 10 dzyntec units yesterday. I really only need five or six. If anyone in the Las Vegas area needs/wants some of my extras, send me a PM. I can't wait till they get here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 09:43 PM   #149  
Matboard Maniac

Okay after reading that all you ladies love your new stamp organizers...Emily/Jami....I want one to order mine too..But after buying 400.00 in NEW products my pocket book is EMPTY...

I just can not do it right now. But I would love to split the cost with someone?
anyone else live in So. Cal and willing to split a pack of 10?

PLEASE PLEASE!

Oh Emily/Jami look what you have done...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 09:45 PM   #150  
Rubber Obsessor

My turn -- if there is anyone who lives in Washington -- on the Spokane side of the mountains and would like to split the pack of 10, please send me a PM. I so want to do this, but cannot afford to get them all myself.

Thanks!
Michele
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 04:30 AM   #151  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami

Hey Emily - how did you get such a big pic to attach? All I can get is a thumbnail.
To do a big pic you have to have a site to host the pic for you. Mamak has a picturetrail account and I used that.

Your caddies look awesome!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 12:49 PM   #152  
Embossing Fanatic

Where could I find info on the CDJ desing ink holder? I have the SU Caddy and I agree...it can be pain to turn!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2005, 11:14 AM   #153  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

For those of you still shopping I saw this on ebay today

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Name=WDVW&rd=1

Looks pretty nice for those who like this style.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2005, 01:18 PM   #154  
Kookie Creator

Default Dzyntec

I ordered the batch of 10 to be delivered to NH. I haven't received them yet, but with shipping, they were about $14.00 which I thought was reasonable. I figured there are 5 color families, 4 color and 1 neutral so they will fit into 5, then the encore and versamark ones, then I will have enough for the new pigment ones. I already have the SU marker container so I too will use the "open" drawer for small goodies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2005, 01:22 PM   #155  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Judy - your screen name cracks me up! I picture you saying to DH..."well I'm the ONLYWIFE you'll ever have!!!!"

But what does it mean really?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2005, 04:25 PM   #156  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Simple solution to SU Caddy turning problem

The main complaint about the Stampin Up caddy is that it can be a real pain to turn. In my opinion it doesn't function well in that regard. However, I saw Jenn Balcer's to die for craft room picture on SCS and noticed there looked like there was another turntable placed under her caddy. So today I found the perfect turntable from Copco (9" round & cost only $3.50) that fits PERFECTLY under my SU caddy and it is nothing but smooth turning now baby!!! The Copco one has a non-skid surface and also has a lip so the SU turntable part fits just right into the new turntable. Now I really love my SU caddy, because it's very compact considering all that it holds, which is very important to me as my craft space is quite small (one corner of the home office).

I did end up buying some of those storage units from Dzyntec too, just because I have other ink pads and etc. items that should fit nicely in them too! Can't wait for 'em to come!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2005, 06:34 AM   #157  
Die Cut Diva

This thread has been very helpful! The Dzyntec units look really nice. I like how they also hold the markers, reinkers, etc...

I was wondering, for those that have them, are the doors a pain? They would be nice if I take them somewhere, but otherwise not sure I'd want to deal with them on a daily basis. Once you remove the doors, can they be popped back on if I did need to take it somewhere?

For those that have the tunrntable, does each unit just sit on top of the turntable, or do you have to attach it? Do they slide off the tuntable if your not careful?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just wnat to make the right decision.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2005, 07:53 AM   #158  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

So far I have not found the doors to be a pain at all. I'm sure that's a matter of personal preference though. I can't answer your other questions, but there's lots of ladies here who can. I'm sure someone will chime in. If not you can always go back through the thread and PM some people.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2005, 07:54 AM   #159  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckstamps
The main complaint about the Stampin Up caddy is that it can be a real pain to turn. In my opinion it doesn't function well in that regard. However, I saw Jenn Balcer's to die for craft room picture on SCS and noticed there looked like there was another turntable placed under her caddy. So today I found the perfect turntable from Copco (9" round & cost only $3.50) that fits PERFECTLY under my SU caddy and it is nothing but smooth turning now baby!!! The Copco one has a non-skid surface and also has a lip so the SU turntable part fits just right into the new turntable. Now I really love my SU caddy, because it's very compact considering all that it holds, which is very important to me as my craft space is quite small (one corner of the home office).
!
Where did you find this turntable?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2005, 08:27 AM   #160  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Wow! I just found the most awesome pic in the gallery of 4 dzyntec units wall-mounted and the handles removed. The pic has been there for awhile, but I just discovered it

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes