Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-26-2017, 07:45 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ISO super sticky tape on a roll

I need to make 50 treats for Halloween this year and have no intention of cutting 100 pieces of tape from a roll and then taking the backing off of them all so I can stick 2 tags together :shock: Is there a super sticky tape that comes on a roll like regular tape that just tears off? I have done a search for 3M double sided tape on a roll and those seem to be the wrong words because the regular red stuff that I use - the red uline that is the same as SU's - is what is coming up. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2017, 08:29 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only non-lined double-stick tape I'm aware of is scotch in the yellow packaging, but I wouldn't really call it super sticky.

The thing with super sticky is that it's, well, super sticky and you need the liner because it will otherwise just stick to itself. Scor-tape (sookwang) tears, but you'll still have to peel off a backing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2017, 08:35 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

haha, now that you mention the tape sticking to itself, that makes perfect sense and I guess I just hadn't thought of it like that! I have managed to find Crafters Companion Extra Strong Permanent Tape Runner that claims to be strong enough to make boxes with so I might try that one. It just pains me to think of tearing off so many little pieces for what I am making but I really like the treat things I have in mind Might need to re-think this one. Thanks for responding!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2017, 08:52 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about the fast fuse? It is super sticky but in a dispenser like a tape runner so no cutting necessary. I will be honest it took me a while to work out how to use it - when you want to finish putting glue down you have to push down slightly and do a sideways flick otherwise it pulls out a load of the tape and then takes an age the next time you go to use it... Worth practicing on scrap paper first. I have made lots of boxes and it holds up well, just remember like all adhesives you have to have clean, dry surfaces and the more you rub the finished joint the stronger it will be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2017, 04:15 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started using To bow Xtreme tape runner. I get the idea it's a lot like the SU fast fuse. I find it at Michael's with a coupon. It is refillable too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2017, 04:58 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks for the suggestions! I hadn't seen the SU or the Tombow so it's good to know I have some options!! I think I am going to grab the Tombow this week and make a few testers to see how it holds up. Wish me luck!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2017, 05:21 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts

I found a wonderful permanent double sided sticky tape by Bazic (Bazic Products, Quality School and Office Products) at a convention last year. It was reasonably priced and works just as well as other well known products. There will be another convention in town this weekend and I plan on stocking up on more tape.https://www.bazicstore.com/collectio...e/products/925

Last edited by Bohodiva; 07-27-2017 at 05:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2017, 06:17 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohodivaView Post
I found a wonderful permanent double sided sticky tape by Bazic (Bazic Products, Quality School and Office Products) at a convention last year. It was reasonably priced and works just as well as other well known products. There will be another convention in town this weekend and I plan on stocking up on more tape.https://www.bazicstore.com/collectio...e/products/925
Wow, those prices are incredibly low! I see it is wide, though. Do you cut it into strips? Awesome prices on foam mounting tape, too! Thanks for sharing the link!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2017, 09:10 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

scor tape is really good and easy to tear. It also comes in various widths, they have a super skinny one too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2017, 04:57 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohodivaView Post
works just as well as other well known products. tape.https://www.bazicstore.com/collectio...e/products/925

So, when you say other well known products, do you mean other double sided tape rollers or other peel off the red plastic double stick tape rolls? :lol:

I saw something about a 3" core dispenser so I am going to see what that is all about too!! Thanks for that link!
Reply With Quote Likes