Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-10-2007, 04:54 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Joann's Ad this week

I just got my JoAnn flyer today in the mail and the Cuddlebugs and accessories are on sale for 40% off starting Sunday. I got my Cuddlebug last week at Michaels with a 40% off coupon and some friends and are ordering our folders online from crazyscraps.com. Nicer selection and cheaper!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2007, 06:08 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. My mail has been really slow with getting the JoAnns ads and I've been getting them long after they've been in effect, sometimes with only a few days left before the ad is no good anymore. I need a few other Cuttlebug dies but have been needing to use my coupons for other items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,411 Likes on 533 Posts

I've used crazyscraps.com to order my Cuttlebug folders and dies and have been quite happy with them! Good price and fast delivery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingramcrackerView Post
I just got my JoAnn flyer today in the mail and the Cuddlebugs and accessories are on sale for 40% off starting Sunday. I got my Cuddlebug last week at Michaels with a 40% off coupon and some friends and are ordering our folders online from crazyscraps.com. Nicer selection and cheaper!!
whoa, thanks, I have been drooliing over one of these babies for a while now, and this just may seal the deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2007, 03:07 AM   #5  
Vee
Glitter Guru

Dang, my Joann quit carrying CB in the store!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2007, 05:15 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Location: In the mountains of course!...where else would an Ocean Girl live?

My Jo-Ann store is no longer carrying Cuttlebug because it is a high-theft item. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2007, 06:07 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I tried using my 40% off Michaels coupon for Cuttlebug Alphabet and was told it did not apply to Cuttlebug products because it is made by Cricut and those products are excluded from the coupon. I, of course, argued the point, but the salesperson would not relent, so I left without it. I wish that Michaels would get their act together and be consistent as a corporation in regard to their sales policy. I havent tried Joanns, but will, definitely!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2007, 08:24 AM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Default In agreement

I don't visit Micheals much anymore because they have so many restrictions-
coupon wise
Luckily there are other companies that take competitors coupons,

Quote:

Originally Posted by doubleDstamperView Post
I tried using my 40% off Michaels coupon for Cuttlebug Alphabet and was told it did not apply to Cuttlebug products because it is made by Cricut and those products are excluded from the coupon. I, of course, argued the point, but the salesperson would not relent, so I left without it. I wish that Michaels would get their act together and be consistent as a corporation in regard to their sales policy. I havent tried Joanns, but will, definitely!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2007, 08:27 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Talking Hi fellow Minnesotan

I'm trying to figure out how far you are from St. Cloud, MN?
The craft haven of all stores-Crafts direct, for St. Cloud, accepts
Joanne fabrics coupons also, I just wish Joannes would come up with
a change in their supplies for stamping and scrapping. Carolyn

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2007, 09:38 AM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

I used the JoAnn's 50% coupon at Michaels a couple of weeks ago when I was visiting my sister to buy the Cuttlebug itself and had no problems. They are so inconsistent! I have been getting my dies and embossing folders from crazyscraps, too. Pretty quick shipping. I've been happy with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2007, 09:53 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

my joann's doesn't carry the bug anymore and for me...

joann.com sucks!

i have learned tho that... my hobby lobby has started to carry them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2007, 12:21 PM   #12  
Forum Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeView Post
Dang, my Joann quit carrying CB in the store!
I thought the same thing until I talked to the manager, who happens to own a cuttlebug herself. When I quizzed her about the Bug not being on the shelves anymore, she had been told that they would be getting it back in. In fact, she had me wait while she called the main office for a better explaination. Here's what she found out: All the stores were required to send back any Bug's and accessories they had in inventory so the items could be repackaged for the new JoAnn's shelf set up. (Our store has totally reset the stamping/scrapping area.) Some of the stores have been slow in getting the Cuttlebug stuff sent back and until all the merchandise is returned and repackaged, they can't send out the new stuff.

This is an odd-ball explaination for why the Cuttlebug items disappeared from the shelves, but considering this is JoAnn's we're talking about it makes perfect sense! :rolleyes:

So I would say that JoAnn's will no doubt be getting the Cuttlebug items back, just not anytime soon. If you are needing/wanting a specific folder or die, it would probably make sense to find an internet source that has reasonable or free shipping. JMHO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2007, 01:02 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Do you have a cell phone? I'd back to the Michael's store on Monday and call the customer service number. Ask if they accept the coupon for Cuttlebug items and then hand the phone over to the salesperson/manager.

1-800-MICHAELS(1-800-642-4235)Monday - Friday8 AM to 5 PM CST.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Also, I have four CB alphabets for sale in the B/S/T forum for $30 each.
http://tinyurl.com/37vt2u
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2007, 01:12 PM   #15  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm about to go to Joanns, Does anyone have a printable one they could email me? Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, to start with this is JMO. Well partly. Most are on the website. You need to compare prices at Crazyscraps & creativexpress.com I got all 16 BG folders for $3.74 each at creativexpress but right now they are 25 cents cheaper at crazyscraps. The CB machine is $55.99 at creativexpress & $59.99 at crazyscraps. They both have sales going on. Typewriter alph is $31.99 at creativexpress.com & $59.99 at crazyscraps. The whale die is $6.30 at creativexpress & $5.99 at crazyscraps. See what I mean? Depending on what you want and how many...........well you may want to split your order.

Also, right on the top of the CB machine's box it says CRICUT. And on Mike's coupon it says not good on Cricut products. So mine wouldn't take it. BUT they did take it at Hobby Lobby and gave me back the coupon. Actually, I have a Sizzix but my friend wanted one. She's a happy little girl.

JMO
Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2007, 09:55 AM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I use competitors coupons at my Michaels all of the time and have no problem. I have Martha Stewart items that I got at 40% off. I have never tried to get anything else with them that they restrict on their own coupons.

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2007, 10:15 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've always bought my CB items at Jo-Ann's and have never had a problem. I have never heard of crazyscraps.com or creativeexpress.com (still VERY new to scrapping) so I think I might be shopping online from now on. Thanks!

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."-Lou Holtz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 03:14 AM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

I know that some employees confuse Cuddlebug with Cricut. Not the same thing!! Just the same company, Provocraft. Michaels will take JoAnn coupons, but the JoAnn store I went to would not take a Michaels coupon for the Cuddlebug. Also, Michaels only puts the box out and you take the empty box to the till and they get you one. Maybe to cut down on theft, but who could walk out of the store with that? Maybe JoAnn should take a hint on that.
Our friend ordered her folders from crazyscraps.com and got them in a few days!
The WalMart in Park Rapids MN has folders for $3.94 this weekend, but not a great selection, I was told.
And, speaking of JoAnn, the one in St. Cloud MN does not have a restroom for their shoppers!!!! They used to. Don't know if the cost of toilet paper and extra flushes on the water bill were threatening their operation, but I am calling their headquarters to complain!! I was browsing around one day, and the call of nature came upon me quite suddenly. So, I asked one of the girls to direct me to the powder room when she dropped the bomb on me. I had to go to a store called Savers right next to them. It's a big GoodWill type store that reeked of ciggies. So off I went in the rain to go. I was pretty annoyed by it all and will try to not to business with that particular store again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 05:57 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

I think the Joann's in Grand Forks, ND also doesn't have a public restroom. I wonder if they are doing this because you have to walk through their store room to get there? Maybe people have stolen things? It seems to me that there was a law or something that was passed recently that companies had to have a public restroom available for people with various handicaps or something. I seem to have a bathroom "obsession" and have to know where the bathrooms are at all times. (Movie theaters, restaurants, airplanes, stores, etc.) If I can't find one, it seems the anxiety makes me need to use one. Go figure. I've been to the Joann's in St. Cloud (and the stinky Savers).

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2007, 10:48 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Yeah, Savers is stinky.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2007, 01:13 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I ordered from crazyscraps too, then the week after I got my folders, they went on sale at Joann's for 40% off, so sometimes it pays to wait it out!!! I did go over and got 2 other folders that I hadn't ordered, and beat crazyscraps price.
Reply With Quote Likes