Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-29-2007, 05:27 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Longevity of SU Classic inks

This question is for those who have stamped in scrapbook with SU Classic Ink and most especially for those who have used it years ago. I'm wondering if you have noticed any fading or changing of the ink color. I know SU Craft is pigment and would be the ink of choice for such purposes, but I'm just curious how Classic would fare especially when not exposed to light except when the scrapbook is viewed.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 06:20 PM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinOmaView Post
This question is for those who have stamped in scrapbook with SU Classic Ink and most especially for those who have used it years ago. I'm wondering if you have noticed any fading or changing of the ink color. I know SU Craft is pigment and would be the ink of choice for such purposes, but I'm just curious how Classic would fare especially when not exposed to light except when the scrapbook is viewed.
Five years ago I didn't know I wasn't supposed to use classic ink in my scrapbooks....well.... they look fine to me. Maybe bc they don't get alot of "daylight" time (I mean it's not exactly Saturday night entertainment...;) ) they seem to be doing fine. I stamped directly on Creative Memories paper and so far no bleeding or fading.

I think the pigment ink is supposed to fair better over the long haul but so far my ink's still in the pink!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 06:48 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just wondering cause I stamped some pages a few years ago at a Stamp Camp and they look fine, but didn't know how they would fare down the road. I think light is the enemy, though and I guess it also depends on the cardstock used, which since it is SU cardstock it should be fine.

I just know that I used to sell CTMH (about 7 yrs. ago) and I remember reading on a scrapbook message board back then that someone had stamped with some color and they said it faded and changed colors, but my pages from that long ago are just as good today as the day I stamped them, so I dunno.

I do try to stay with SU Craft (pigment) ink when possible and I've also used Palette or chalk inks and embossed on some pages all of which should be good.

Thanks for your reply.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

my scrapbooks look fine, because they do not sit open in the light. I stamped the cover of a telephone book about 7 years ago and it has faded a little but still looks fine. Now about 3 years ago I stamped the liner of a starbucks photo travel mug and it has faded to the point I can barely see the images. Including the black ink I used.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 08:25 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have some cards made with classic ink and after a few years on co-workers' bulletin boards (smile), they fade -- especially the folks with window offices. Sun will fade the ink. On the other hand, I have stuff stamped with SU's classic ink from 5 years ago that look fine because it is sitting in a drawer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2007, 09:59 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

My classic ink stamped stuff in my scrapbooks from 5 years ago still looks great. The big surprise is the Versamark!! The Versemark stamped images have faded terribly! I'm not using versamark for stamping in my books anymore. It is fine for embossing, though. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes