Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-30-2020, 05:12 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Problem with WOW Heat Tool?

After debating on which heat tool to purchase, I decided to give the WOW heat tool a try. I was originally going to get the Wagner, but I thought if the Wow was sufficient enough and the price was right, I'll give it a try.

Compared to my 102 year old Marvy heat tool with the wide nozzle, it is definitely a step up, and in fact, I really liked it! It heats up pretty quickly and melts the embossing powder much more efficiently. I am happy with this aspect of performance.

However.... There have been a couple of times lately when I flip the button for the high speed, it wouldn't turn on. I had to flip it a couple of time before it finally starts. Then it will be fine for several uses, then does this again. At first I thought it was because I was holding part of my hand over the vent, but still happened when I kept my hand away from it. I purchased it only a couple of months ago and I don't use it excessively. There are often several days in between uses.

Does anyone know if there have been problems with it? I am going to contact where I purchased it to see if they may possibly exchange it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2020, 05:41 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know about Wow heat guns, but your problem scares me. I'm not good with electrical issues, and if this was happening to me I woudn't play around with it. It sounds like it could be short circuiting. I would not pull punches with the vendor, and I'd ask for an exchange or my money back. And don't put your and over the vent! That sounds scary too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2020, 06:27 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have one of these, but... does it stop working after you've already been using the gun for a bit? Or does it stop working when you first try to use it?

I ask because I wonder whether it has a safety mechanism to keep it from getting too hot and, if it stops after you've been using a bit, perhaps it is too warm when you are attempting to use it.

But if it's giving you problems even when it's cold, then that wouldn't be it.

Hope you can find an answer to your problem!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2020, 05:03 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I recently bought one of these, but I'm not experiencing the issue you have. I'd strongly suggest speaking to where you bought it, and if that fails, E-Mail Wow!

It rather sounds to me like a bad connection at the switch, which could potentially make it risky to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2020, 04:17 PM   #5  
Inking Addict

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks! I have contacted where I bought it and waiting for a response. I imagine like everyone else, they may have limited staff and open hours.
Reply With Quote Likes