Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchasing Cricut carts that have been linked to a Gypsy ??

For all you expert Cricut users out there, I have a question!

I'm interested in purchasing some cricut cartridges and they have been linked to a gypsy. ( I have heard about the gypsy, but not familiar with it!) With that being said, does it effect me using them on my Cricut Create?

I'm assuming not, but don't really know for sure! The only thing I can think of is once a cart. has been linked to a Gypsy, it cannot be linked to another?? I don't have a Gypsy and not planning to get one!

I appreciate any/all advice on this!

Thank-you,
Connie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

You're right, once a cart is linked to a gypsy you cannot link it to another gypsy. The cart should work fine in your machine. I've bought carts that were previously linked to a gypsy and have not had any problem using them in my machine.

I don't know if you use the Cricut Craft Room. If the previous owner of your cartridge links her Gypsy to the Craft Room, you will not be able to link the cartridge to your account.

I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by monicas silcottView Post
You're right, once a cart is linked to a gypsy you cannot link it to another gypsy. The cart should work fine in your machine. I've bought carts that were previously linked to a gypsy and have not had any problem using them in my machine.

I don't know if you use the Cricut Craft Room. If the previous owner of your cartridge links her Gypsy to the Craft Room, you will not be able to link the cartridge to your account.

I hope this helps.

Yes you did help, thanks so much! I'm not familiar with the Cricut Craft Room either!

I can now purchase and not worry about them not working!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2014, 04:51 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

If you ever upgrade to the explore you will not be able to use those cartridges
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2014, 04:46 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

I have a gypsy that's been linked to the craft room. I've got carts that have been linked to another gypsy. I basically buy what I can afford and will use. I am most likely going to be selling my gypsy soon. It has 45-50 carts loaded on it. If you don't have a gypsy don't worry about it. If you are going to want to link it to the craft room or the newer cricut design studio you won't be able to link the cart but it will never prevent you from using the cart directly with your machine. I didn't read everyone else's entry, so my apologies if I repeated
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2014, 08:30 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Thanks for all the replies! Just wanted to make sure that I could use them with my machine. Not looking to purchase a Gypsy or the Cricut Explore. I also have a Silhouette Portrait with images I purchased!

Thanks again everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2014, 04:12 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Red face Just today

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denverkat276View Post
I have a gypsy that's been linked to the craft room. I've got carts that have been linked to another gypsy. I basically buy what I can afford and will use. I am most likely going to be selling my gypsy soon. It has 45-50 carts loaded on it. If you don't have a gypsy don't worry about it. If you are going to want to link it to the craft room or the newer cricut design studio you won't be able to link the cart but it will never prevent you from using the cart directly with your machine. I didn't read everyone else's entry, so my apologies if I repeated
I have the new Cricut Explore but had not yet linked my gypsy to the craft room and I was trying to use my cartridge directly in the machine. Sadly, since the cartridge was linked first to the gypsy, the Explore would not allow me to cut from the cartridge. I have spent the day trying to update the gypsy and sync correctly to use the cartridge on the Explore.
So in summary, if you are never going to buy the Explore you are okay but any cartridges linked to a gypsy can only be used once the gypsy is synced up.
Reply With Quote Likes