Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-14-2007, 09:56 AM   #81  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to eangello

Holy bubble wrap! I got my 714 gun an hour ago, I just got all the wrapping off, LOL. Ironically enough, both of the boxes, the gun and the tape, were crushed. They seem to be in fine shape though. Well, I will report back, I think I will love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2007, 12:03 PM   #82  
Mad Swapper

INDEED you will love it!!! God knows I do!! Let us know if it's love at first site!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2007, 12:15 PM   #83  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 248 Likes on 132 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by myrnabs
Let us know if it's love at first site!!
In this peron's opinion, mine was! ;)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2007, 12:23 PM   #84  
Mad Swapper

TexasGrammy,
In my opinion, mine was as well!!! Don't you just love it!!! I now hate to use any other type of tapes. I only like the guns. That's my story and I'm sticking to it ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2007, 08:25 PM   #85  
Cardstock Collector

Red face Inside scoop

hi,
after getting emails for months about the atg guns, i thought i'd look at this website. i've been working for framingsupplies.com and here's the dope:
it's a ma & pa shop but it's grown a lot since becoming a national website and ma & pa are pretty well off. so there's 3-4 people in the office taking care of orders. the office is a dumpy old place that gave me serious sinus issues and major stress. the number of internet orders that come in daily is overwhelming. and management is not friendly. they do try to get the orders through in good order. the shipping department does use tons of bubble wrap in an attempt to defeat FedEx's tendency to 'drop kick' everything to its destination. the best part of working there has been the customers (most of them) who have generally been very good about things. i recognize a number of e-names i see here. the stampers have probably caused the 3M company as many anxiety attacks as they have framingsupplies. because they keep running out of guns/tapes. the shipping costs have nothing to do with framingsupplies. those prices are all set by FedEx.

re: the products. ATG stands for adhesive transfer gun. the framers use it when framing pictures. for larger things, like pictures, they don't bother using the gun as the tape tears easily enough. but for your small items it might be easier to use the gun. you won't find a cheaper price because 3M gives framingsupplies a discount on quantity and believe me there's a LOT of stampers in this country. i was really surprised by the outpouring from stampers.

i always wanted to show people who called a picture of us working there because you'd be surprised at how small it is for all the business they do. the main focus of the business is framing pictures. scrappers have become a big sideline.

one thing: the acid free is generally used for somethings that you want to last about a hundred years. the regular tape is good for anything else. if you're not using acid free papers then it's a moot point.

question: i've been thinking about getting some tapes for a friend who does this stuff. but she has muscle weakness in her arms and hands. does anyone here think she could handle the ATG gun? or just the tape? thanks and i hope i've helped give a better idea of framingsupplies. i'm not promoting the place just explaining it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2007, 08:38 PM   #86  
Mad Swapper

OMG! Georgy!! I feel honored to be in the same thread as you!!! Thank you....thank you.....thank you.....for explaining everything about our favorite store. Say hello to ma & pa and thank them for carrying this awesome product. I'm so glad that you finally explained it about that acid free!! It was driving me nuts!! Georgy, I sure as hell hope not to be alive and kicking in 100years from now, so I really don't give a hoot if it's acid free or not ;) Hey are your sinus better now? I hope you get well, and don't worry about us, we are patient women, NOT!! hahahahha!! Well we try!! Thanks so much for that update, and keep on chatting in here I know everyone will love you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2007, 04:47 AM   #87  
Matboard Maniac

How interesting, they should take the scrapbookers seriously. As you can tell once word get around about a product, it can get intense.
I have one question though, for anyone. I got my gun and I believe I treaded it correctly. After applying the tape, how is it supposed to tear off? I pulled straight up, and it sometimes comes right off the cardstock. Then I tried ending it with my finger, and I got a glob. HELP!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2007, 05:12 AM   #88  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by eangello
How interesting, they should take the scrapbookers seriously. As you can tell once word get around about a product, it can get intense.
I have one question though, for anyone. I got my gun and I believe I treaded it correctly. After applying the tape, how is it supposed to tear off? I pulled straight up, and it sometimes comes right off the cardstock. Then I tried ending it with my finger, and I got a glob. HELP!!!!
Don't tear straight up - pull the gun toward you so that it keeps moving in the direction that you were going. That will keep it on the paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2007, 05:20 AM   #89  
Matboard Maniac

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I love this dispenser and the tape!!!
Thanks to everyone who reviewed it so convincingly. Worth every dime.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2007, 06:54 AM   #90  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by eangello
What I was 'told' to do (by another SCS member who uses her ATG a lot) is to let go of the pressure of the trigger about 1/2" before you're done, but keep pulling. It will kind of slide to the end of the tape and rip off, KWIM?? Try it; I do it and haven't had a problem ending the tape on my CS.
Stampin' Up! demo and lovin' it!

SCS member #30822
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2007, 07:04 AM   #91  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the advice, I will try that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2007, 12:43 PM   #92  
Kookie Creator

Talking Uh oh, my husband might get upset!

Oh boy, my birthday isn't until September and I want the cricut....good thing my anniversary is only 17 days after!!! I hope this glue keeps my stuff together when I eventually get one. I HATE how mono comes apart a short while after you make a project. You people sure have convinced me that this should be bumped to the #1 spot on my wishlist!

If you would create something,
you must be something.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #93  
Matboard Maniac

The Cricut is a great gift too, more of a want. But the ATG gun is a need, think of it as a tool. The Cricut Cartridges have gone down to $64.99 regular price at JoAnn's (in the Northeast). You can do so much with them, they are worth it too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2007, 03:07 PM   #94  
Matboard Maniac

Well, I read some of these posts, and tried to talk myself out of buying this thing. Of course, that was to no avail. I'd been using Mono-Adhesive, and was getting really annoyed, because like many of you mentioned, my cards were simply falling apart. So, after much debating with myself, I finally caved and ordered my own ATG 700.

I opened the RIDICULOUS package last night. That was the only hard part! I was shocked by how truly monstrous the gun is, but installing the roll and using it were so easy. The adhesive seems to stick great too. I am very pleased!

I predict my ATG and I will be very happy together!

Thank you ladies for all the info you posted about this product.
To those of you contemplating the purchase of your own ATG, I think you'll be pleased if you do decide to take the plunge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2007, 04:24 PM   #95  
Forum Fanatic

Part of me is very tempted by the off-brand teal gun, and the rest of me is remembering previous off-brand purchases of mechanical items that while quite satisfactory, didn't measure up to the smoothness of operation of the name brand. Frex, my off-brand punches don't get nearly as much use as my McGills or Marvies because while punch fine, they need sharpening much more often, and the alignment of the dies isn't as flush.

I think I just talked myself into the name brand gun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2007, 04:29 PM   #96  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
Part of me is very tempted by the off-brand teal gun, and the rest of me is remembering previous off-brand purchases of mechanical items that while quite satisfactory, didn't measure up to the smoothness of operation of the name brand. Frex, my off-brand punches don't get nearly as much use as my McGills or Marvies because while punch fine, they need sharpening much more often, and the alignment of the dies isn't as flush.

I think I just talked myself into the name brand gun!
And.. there's only a price difference of about $5. (At least between the red 714 and the teal off-brand.) I could see if the difference was something like $15+.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2007, 03:21 AM   #97  
Matboard Maniac

Default ATG vs. red Sticky Tape

Ladies- I am interested inp urchasing this gun and its adhesives, but have one question. Is it sticky enough adhesive to glue the coaster squash books together. I am looking at making numerous ones and thought this might be a worthwhile investment so as not to deal with the red sticky tape that I have to cute by hand...any ideas??
Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2007, 09:11 AM   #98  
Kookie Creator

Wow there are some times like this that I wish I lived in the States. I woke up this morning and decided that after running out of every glue I had previously bought trying to wait to buy this gun...I would finally order it. Framingsupplies.com doesn't ship to Canada!!!!!! BUMMER. So I did a search for it and found pretty much the only supplier in Canada. Not even E-bay was comparable. SO I ended up paying $55 for the red gun
(714). And I bought 12 rolls of regular (not acid free) tape refills which came to $45. Plus $12 for shipping, and GST!!!! My grand total is $118.72!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!! I hope this gun is worth what you all say. I am really sad though that I won't be able to see the wonky packaging it comes in from framingsupplies!!!!! I was looking forward to that part. OH WELL I will keep you posted on this issue when it arrives and tell you if it's really worth all the trouble

you must be something.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2007, 09:32 AM   #99  
Embossing Fanatic

After reading this site I want one too! I'll have to talk to my firend and maybe we can order together to save on shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2007, 10:07 AM   #100  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh! Dang it, now I gotta go get one for myself. (I really gotta stop reading these threads or I'm gonna go broke!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2007, 12:49 PM   #101  
Stampin' Fool

I am so disappointed! My ATG and tape came last night and it was only packed in a plain, brown, stretch wrapped box. How come I didn't get a space bubble like everyone else?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2007, 01:03 PM   #102  
Insane Embellisher

I've had mine for a few weeks now and just got to really use it last night (to fix a card that was falling apart--surprise...). Thanks for the tip on pulling toward myself, rather than up. I'll give that a try and the 1/2 inch thing too. And I did truly enjoy opening the bubble wrap, and then stepping on it to pop it. I bought the acid free tape and the 714 gun and love the 1/4" width--getting the hang of adhering ribbon with it. Last thing I love about it is that I can use as much adhesive as I want without having to worry about running out in the middle of making cards. Thanks for everyone's great advice!
God bless.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2007, 09:21 AM   #103  
Matboard Maniac

Smile Check e-bay!

I ordered my ATG 700 from e-bay and paid for 4 rolls of 18 yard tape with it, all for $38 including shipping, so as you are looking to purchase, check e-bay, too. It was even brand new from e-bay. I love it already! Super easy to thread and seems very sticky!
Colleen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2007, 02:15 PM   #104  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sooo love mine. i have had mine since January and just this weekend replaced my first roll of tape! I have the 36 yd rolls... This has been my best investment. Anyone on the fence, take the plunge and I bet you will love it as much as the rest of us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 07:46 AM   #105  
Kookie Creator

Wow I ordered the gun and tape on Friday and I just recieved it today (Tuesday) bright and early from the other side of the country..... :mrgreen: I am sooooo excited to use this thing but I started laughing hysterically when I opened the box and saw how honkin this thing really is. lol, I can't help but laugh when I picture myself using this gigantic gun to make a standard sized card...lol, I'll keep you all posted when I try it today.

you must be something.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 09:29 AM   #106  
Mad Swapper

Don't you worry, it'll grow on you very fast!! I used to think the same, but now I don't even notice the size. What I do notice is how well it works.

Enjoy your new toy!!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 09:59 AM   #107  
Forum Fanatic

Just thought I'd mention I took a look at some of the prices on eBay, and it seems to me like the framing place has better pricing. The eBay store did have free shipping, but didn't offer the 60' rolls. Anyone remember what they paid in shipping from the framing supplies place?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 10:11 AM   #108  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
Just thought I'd mention I took a look at some of the prices on eBay, and it seems to me like the framing place has better pricing. The eBay store did have free shipping, but didn't offer the 60' rolls. Anyone remember what they paid in shipping from the framing supplies place?
You can figure out how much shipping would be...just load your cart up with all the 'must haves' and begin the checkout process. Instead of entering all your personal information, all you need to do is enter a '1' in all the 'required' fields, your city, state, and zip, and it'll tell you what your cost will be. I still haven't bought mine, but the s&h was only $8.10. It may differ depending on where you are though. I have yet to purchase one, but will do once next month comes and I've got a 'replenished' budget. In the meantime, I'll just keep wishing it were already here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 10:35 AM   #109  
Kookie Creator

Well I used my gun for the first time yesterday, I fixed some of my projects with it that fell apart (mono). I have to say it is what everyone said it would be...fantastic! I am loving this thing and I don't see myself having to change this first roll for quite some time. I think my mono would have been half gone already just from yesterdays use. Thanks you enablers, it really was worth it!

you must be something.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2007, 06:41 AM   #110  
KBW
Matboard Maniac

After reading all of these rave reviews about the atg, I have a question. How does this adhesive compare to the mono multi liquid glue. I stopped using the mono adhesive a long time ago, I just never really liked it and it never held things together like I wanted it too. I like using the liquid, but I am interested in the atg. Has anyone compared the two?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2007, 08:14 AM   #111  
Compulsive Stamper

OK! Reading this thread has made me put the ATG at the top of my wish list and Mother's Day is coming right up! It will be the oddest, but one of the most appreciated Mother's Day gifts yet! Thanks to this list I know that I want the 714 and what type of glue to get, too - and where to get it!

You all are awesome!!

Joan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2007, 09:04 AM   #112  
Mad Swapper

just wanted to chime in, I've had my ATG 700 for about a year I think, and I'm still loving it. it was very interesting to learn that ATG just stands for adhesive trasfer gun lol.!

anyone on the fence about this adhesive just go ahead and take the plunge. I have cards that I fixed when I first got my gun that haven't fallen apart since I fixed them w/ my ATG. it holds great! and it's always fun to get inquireing looks and comments when I take it somewhere. I went to card group last night, and someone commented on my "weapon" lol! it's just fun all around! and a great deal!
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 04:32 AM   #113  
Polyshrink Goddess

This is the question I have too...I really like the mono multi liquid glue and I am thinking the gun would be awesome for scrapbooking - I usually use the hermafix adhesive, but it goes so quickly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBW
After reading all of these rave reviews about the atg, I have a question. How does this adhesive compare to the mono multi liquid glue. I stopped using the mono adhesive a long time ago, I just never really liked it and it never held things together like I wanted it too. I like using the liquid, but I am interested in the atg. Has anyone compared the two?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 01:33 PM   #114  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
Question 1/4" repositionable tape

Thanks to all you enablers out there my bubble wrapped gun and tape was delivered today. Can't wait to get home to play with it.

Just out of curiosity, I saw on the 3M website that 3M does make a 1/4" repositionable tape, but framingsupplies only carries the 1/2". I called up and asked about it and they said they would special order it but I had to buy a case (72 rolls). Is that something that other people would be interested in?

I like to use the respositionable tape initially when I'm laying out my card and then tack it down with permanent. My mother (who has bad fingers due to severe arthritis and carpel tunnel syndrome) has to do it this way because she just doesn't have the fine motor corrdination to get things lined up the first time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 02:05 PM   #115  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just received my tape order and it came wrapped in bubble wrap too! So funny....not even a box, just tons of bubble wrap!!!

I also use Mono Multi Glue and love it. Both adhesives have thier places. You can't get in small places with the ATG but the ATG is awesome for larger projects where you would use quite a bit of glue. Just my 2 cents...I use both and love them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #116  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Holey schmoley! The UZI of tape guns! I've been looking for some time for a tape or glue that truely holds, and after reading this thread, decided to give the ATG a whirl. The framingsupplies place was way quick, my UFO arrived today, and when I unwrapped it -- my land! This sucker is huge! I'm now the proud (or sheepish) owner of an ATG 714 (didn't notice other sizes when I was ordering). Look out, world -- I have one mean tape gun in hand! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 05:43 PM   #117  
Forum Fanatic

Do you think the tape for the ATG would hold microbeads on? Anyone care to give it a try with some scrap paper and some beads?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 06:04 PM   #118  
Matboard Maniac

Default different types of tapes

So, who uses the 987 tape and who uses the 924? Has anyone used both? I don't remember which I bought when I got my gun, (need refills now) and the framing place says 924 is the most popular. They don't have it in 60 yds though. The 987 says "Bond strength is dependent upon the amount of adhesive-to-surface contact developed. Firm application pressure helps develop better adhesive contact and improve bond strength." What does this mean? Is this the super sticky stuff, or is the 924 the super sticky stuff? I am so confused now! Ack!

Thanks,
Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2007, 03:08 AM   #119  
Matboard Maniac

Just purchased the red atg 714 and 12 rolls of 1/4" 908 (Gold) and the total including 7.30 for shipping was $73.98. I sure hope I like it. Sounds like I will judging from all the great reviews!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2007, 03:12 AM   #120  
Matboard Maniac

Oh, I forgot to mention that I purchased it from framingsupplies.com
Reply With Quote Likes