Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shimmerz

The search feature is not working and I've already gone through 35 pages to see if there are any topics on shimmerz.:mad::(

What exactly is it? It looks like pearl ex but comes in a liquid form, am I right? Do you use it like pearl ex? How professional do you have to be to be able to use it the right way?

If I were to buy a couple to try, which colors are the most versatile?

Thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

i just have three bottles. its liquid and you paint i use a small paint brush and use it over my images or flowers, really easy to use.
love them. I only have angel wings, buttercream, and pixie dust, I love them. gives such a nice shimmer to anything. Love it on wings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 01:09 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Shimmerz it fab stuff, I love it to bits and am really lucky to be on the DT! It is a very, very sparkly water-based paint which you can get as a spray in Spritz or as paints Shimmerz and Blingz (which is even more sparkly)! I use paintbrushes as well.

You certainly do not need to be an expert to use it. I would suggest getting Angel Wings as that can be used for all sorts of things it is such a versatile colour and way to add sparkle to lots of things and also on top of other colours. After that go for your favourite colours! Which if you are anything like me is pretty much all of them - hey ho!

Have you been to the Shimmerz blog (http://shimmerzpaints.blogspot.com/)?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 05:36 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I love Shimmerz, they are so easy to use, you do not have to fuss around with mixing them like you do with Pearl Ex, they come already mixed all you have to do is shake them open the lid and use a paint brush to apply them, you don't need to use anything to make sure that they don't rub off because they don't rub off, they dry very quickly once you apply them to whatever you are coloring. I have used Shimmerz over something I have already colored to give it some sparkle and I have used it by itself to give a nice effect. As for what color you should start with, I would suggest Angel Wings, or Pixie Dust they both are opaque and give a nice shimmer to what you are coloring without distorting the color you have used underneath. I have all the colors of Shimmerz and I am now working on getting all of the Shimmerz Spritz. A small container goes a long way as well. Good luck with your decision.
Reply With Quote Likes