Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-27-2007, 05:17 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, tell me about Copic Markers

I see lots of you using them. I know nothing about them. What do you love about them?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2007, 04:26 AM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi,

I'm a newbie to cardmaking and SCS, but I noticed the reference to copic markers as well. So I went online, found a local art shop and bought four. They're about $5 each. Anywhoo, I tried the copic markers and I love them. When you color with the marker it doesn't leave a line like other markers. It blends beautifully.

I tried coloring a Santa for a Christmas card with my regular markers and there were horizontal lines in the Santa suit. *smile* If you can by a few individually just to try them out.

I also tried the gamsol/prisma challenge this week and that worked great as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2007, 08:16 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I am interested in copic markers as well. Could you please share the online store you purchased them at?

"I'm a newbie to cardmaking and SCS, but I noticed the reference to copic markers as well. So I went online, found a local art shop and bought four. They're about $5 each. Anywhoo, I tried the copic markers and I love them. When you color with the marker it doesn't leave a line like other markers. It blends beautifully." quote by Carla

I do not know how to quote in a reply yet Sorry

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2007, 08:58 AM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

Jennifer here's the website for the company that manufactures copic markers:

copicmarker.com

I used the website to find a store in my area, but you can order online as well. Here's some info from the website.

What are COPIC Markers?

They are the legendary art tools used throughout Japan by illustrators and manga artists. They are sold in "Comic Shops" all over ASIA. In the last 10 years they have become the lead markers used by artists and designers in Asia and Europe. Now they are available in the US and Canada.

What makes COPIC Markers so unique?

These are professional markers made for the demands of artists and designers in the industry. They have high quality inks that are checked 4 times for accuracy in manufacturing, the pens are refillable, nibs are replaceable, the high quality construction of the marker has a tight fitting cap and clearly printed identification of color code, The markers fit a special airbrush attachment thus turning the markers into an airbrush, and the markers come in four styles COPIC, Sketch, Wide and Ciao. Anyone who uses COPIC products quickly feels the quality difference of these markers.

I hope the link works, and this helps.

Last edited by carlybrooks05; 09-29-2007 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Thank you, Carla

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2007, 11:45 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

And, if you just type "Copic" into the search box on this forum, there are several threads where they have been discussed as to the pros/cons, places to purchase, etc.

�Any time we can�t solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.� ~Tony Blair
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2007, 01:01 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Again, thank you everyone for your help It is so nice that we have a community here to ask these questions.

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2007, 02:09 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

I can get them at Hobby Lobby, so I have been buying one a week with a coupon. If they have a coupon in the paper, they have them online, too, so you can print them of and use them daily. Only helpful if you live really close though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2007, 03:53 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You can find a TON of info on copics at www.ellenhutson.typepad.com and at www.debbiedesigns.typepad.com -- just scroll around these websites and drool.

They are alcohol based. You cannot use them to color a stamp directly. You can use them to blend on paper and to color ribbon, brads,etc. I have about 10 of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2007, 10:17 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Copic markers are a type of alcohol based markers. They are produced in Japan and have become a household words for many younger adults because of the Magna comic books. Another great names in alcohol markers, Tria-Panatone, by Letraset are the color setting system in most of the word. These are made in Great Britain. Both of these are available from various sources on the Internet such as Dick Blick, Jerry's Artarama, Carpe Diem.

On the other hand SU, Tobow, to name only a few are water based markers.

The alcohol markers have incredible ability to lay in without streaks, but can be multi blended with a colorless blender.

Water based markers are more difficult in designs that require coloring. These can be applied direct to rubber whereas this is not possible with the alcohol markers

Both of these types of markers are great to have in you art tools, they work differently, having their on up sides and down sides. If you can afford it I would suggest that you have some of each of the markers.
FLLC (Flourishes) gallery
Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 09:17 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudywView Post
I have been buying one a week with a coupon
*That* is brilliant. I never think to use coupons on something that is by itself not that expensive. But over time, if you want to get many markers, it can really add up! Thanks Judy, now maybe I'll go buy me a marker this week
Reply With Quote Likes