Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Stamp Press Thoughts

I've been thinking about a Stamp Press because my Stamp-a-ma-jig doesn't always help hit the right spot.

Would like to hear your thoughts if you have used a stamp press.

thanks,
Bahb
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I have the Fiskars Stamp Press. I hope that is the one your thinking of. If it's not early apologies. I love my Fiskars Stamp Press. I love it so much my DH is now the caretaker of my old acrylic blocks. I have lupus. I was having trouble holding the acrylic blocks, especially on larger stamps like the big House Mouse ones. I get a perfect image every time I stamp on different surfaces like hard or cushioned. I can use clear, bare rubber and cushioned rubber stamps with great success. I don't usually try to rave about products because I want to be fair with the pros & cons. The Stamp Press is the one product that changed my stamping for the better. I can't really think of any cons.

I have the large stamp press from Fiskars. I made my smaller one. I used one of my unmarred CB plates. I cut squares from the Dollar Tree sponges and glued them to the plate. It does not have a grid, of course. I am good at eyeballing placement of my images. If anyone is interested in making their own you could probably add quilters template to the plate for your own grid.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2013, 02:32 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Received 373 Likes on 222 Posts

I ditto what Dee Ann said. I love my Fiskars Stamp Press! Even my unmounted wheels and large background stamps fit on it. I still use my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig too, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2013, 02:40 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=lylacfey;20054697]I have the Fiskars Stamp Press. I hope that is the one your thinking of. If it's not early apologies. I love my Fiskars Stamp Press. I love it so much my DH is now the caretaker of my old acrylic blocks. I have lupus. I was having trouble holding the acrylic blocks, especially on larger stamps like the big House Mouse ones. I get a perfect image every time I stamp on different surfaces like hard or cushioned. I can use clear, bare rubber and cushioned rubber stamps with great success. I don't usually try to rave about products because I want to be fair with the pros & cons. The Stamp Press is the one product that changed my stamping for the better. I can't really think of any cons.

I have to agree with you! I love the stamp press! The best thing is it's the only "block" I need on my desk when I'm working up a design, if I have to make more than one of a card, I do use other blocks but I have used this press so much I bought two, one for my "travel" bag.
a�muse|studio consultant #1022
www.amusestudiostamps.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I also have the Fiskars Stamp Press - one of those things that I bought because I was in a mood, I had a coupon and doggone it, I was using it! (A dangerous mood for me - I try to stay out of the craft stores when I feel it bubbling up.)

Love it, love it, LOVE IT. It's the only way that I can get a good image with a background stamp, and I've tried the others.

I haven't tried it as a way to place multiple stamps and stamp them all at once, though. When I look at my stamps, the rubber is all different thickness depending on the brand (and on a couple of sets, the thickness varies even within the set).

It's not an expensive tool (especially with a coupon) and totally worth the price. And now I'm thinking I might need to make a smaller one with Dee Ann's instructions
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbetView Post
I also have the Fiskars Stamp Press - one of those things that I bought because I was in a mood, I had a coupon and doggone it, I was using it! (A dangerous mood for me - I try to stay out of the craft stores when I feel it bubbling up.)

Love it, love it, LOVE IT. It's the only way that I can get a good image with a background stamp, and I've tried the others.

I haven't tried it as a way to place multiple stamps and stamp them all at once, though. When I look at my stamps, the rubber is all different thickness depending on the brand (and on a couple of sets, the thickness varies even within the set).

It's not an expensive tool (especially with a coupon) and totally worth the price. And now I'm thinking I might need to make a smaller one with Dee Ann's instructions
Cheryl you made me smile, thank you.

I have used multiple stamps with my stamp press. It worked great. I even mixed up my clear and bare rubber stamps. I just placed my clear stamps in an area where I could press a little lighter. The sponge feet make it easier to apply pressure where you need too. For example you can press a little heavier on the left side. This is great for those who have uneven work surfaces. I fussy cut a lot of my images. I like to stamp all my images at the same time if I can. I always practice on a scrap piece of cardstock first when I do multiples.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is one of those tools that I thought "do I really need this?" and my answer is, yes! I love it and am so glad I bought it.

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks so much for your responses. I've just ordered one and hope I love it as much as you do.

Bahb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #9  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the small Fiskars stamp press and it has saved me money because it's the main reason I now usually buy cling mounted (aka clear-mount) stamps instead of my (still) preferred wood-mounted stamps.

I recently purchased an even smaller version by Martha Steward to keep in my traveling tote. It's called a medium footed stamp mount. I found a link that shows the small size:

Martha Stewart Martha Stewart Small Footed Stamp Mount- - For the Home - General Crafts - Craft Supplies

I plan to use it for the first time this weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Received 373 Likes on 222 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDeeView Post
I have the small Fiskars stamp press and it has saved me money because it's the main reason I now usually buy cling mounted (aka clear-mount) stamps instead of my (still) preferred wood-mounted stamps.

I recently purchased an even smaller version by Martha Steward to keep in my traveling tote. It's called a medium footed stamp mount. I found a link that shows the small size:

Martha Stewart Martha Stewart Small Footed Stamp Mount- - For the Home - General Crafts - Craft Supplies

I plan to use it for the first time this weekend!
Tina, I hope the MS one works better for you than it did for me. I had both sizes of her stamp mounts, and I didn't like them. The feet left imprints on my card, some of them inky. It's hard to ink up your stamp with a regular ink pad when the mount is so small. The feet wind up getting inked too. We'll see if yours works better this weekend. I hope it does.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #11  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
Tina, I hope the MS one works better for you than it did for me. I had both sizes of her stamp mounts, and I didn't like them. The feet left imprints on my card, some of them inky. It's hard to ink up your stamp with a regular ink pad when the mount is so small. The feet wind up getting inked too. We'll see if yours works better this weekend. I hope it does.
Good to know ... hoping my results are good; I like the idea of the easier portability.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2013, 03:54 AM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

Default What sizes do these come in?

I have been on a hunt for these. Joann's has a large one. Michael's doesn't have any. When I google them I get several pictures of what seems like older and newer models. I don't know which are the newer versions. And of course if I order them online I really won't know which version they will ship. I would love to see the sizes so I can choose which I think will work best or me. I wanted a small for sentiment placement. But after looking into them I also like the idea of using it for background stamps, and even a mid size for multiple stamp placement. If you know what sizes are available or even the best pace to buy them please let me know. Thanks, Dina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2013, 04:27 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

I have the Fiskars one. It's the large size.

Hadn't used it for a while and the feet got compressed to the point where I had to replace them. I cut up a sponge from the kitchen, although the feet aren't the perfect size I did get them to fit with just a small gap. Mine still works beautifully.

I use it for stamping larger stamps and background stamps. When I went to a stamp class this weekend we were stamping the large butterfly stamp from SU! and my image didn't get completely done. So since it was still my turn I just removed it from the clear block and placed it on my stamp press. It worked beautifully. So glad I packed it for the class/crop.

For the rest of my stamping I use the CTMH My Acrylix blocks. I like the divet on the sides for finger placement.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes