Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU order question

Hi,

I placed an order with an area demo last Tuesday. I asked her about it once, I think it was the 26th, but she said she had heard nothing. I still, 8 days later, have heard nothing. Are they that behind, or are they closed for the holidays completely? I hate to bug my demo again. Thanks for any info!

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Default su order

If you had your order in after Dec 16th, it will be awhile. I know I placed an order on the 21st (im a demo)and it won't be here until Jan 5th. Because of all the holidays, weekend days, inventory etc. things take a bit longer this time of year. Your demo should know this though and can check the status of your order, whether it has shipped and where it is if it has.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I placed an order on Dec 23 for a customer and it's not shipped yet. I live in the Chicago area too. They were closed on the 25th and 26th and then today and tomorrow. Orders were shipping in between, but I'm sure with the volume they are just behind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Between Dec. 17th and 23rd, priority was likely given to orders placed before the 16th (Christmas delivery deadline) so that they could be shipped in time to arrive by Christmas. They were closed Dec. 24th through the 26th, reopening on Monday the 29th. Now that the holiday rush has passed, they can get caught up on orders placed after the 16th.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I did an order on the 23rd...and it shipped yesterday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know why your order is taking so long, so I won't answer that. But I just checked out your blog--it was sooo funny! You have quite the sense of humor! Where in the Chgo. burbs do you live?

And Sheryl, where in the Chgo area do you live? I am out Elgin way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 10:55 AM   #7  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

SU was open Tuesday and Wednesday, but they weren't shipping anything because of inventory. So that got things further backed up. I placed an order on the 23rd as well, and it hasn't shipped yet. But I imagine because the 23rd was the last day of free shipping, they probably got a ton of orders!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #8  

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

Can someone explain the pricing on the website? If you order through a demo, your order is 10% off, which is the price in the catty, right? Would it be more correct to say "you can order yourself online without a demo, but your order will cost 10% more"? Am I missing something?

I'm feeling sort of out of the loop...since I moved to the middle of nowhere and don't have my monthly card/SU club anymore, I don't seem to have any idea what's going on (except through here) with SU - sales, when the new catty is coming out, retiring lists, etc. I have a demo that I order through, but she's in another state - I had a local demo, but she quit earlier this year. :( (sorry this just turned into a rant!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 11:12 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicholeCView Post
Can someone explain the pricing on the website? If you order through a demo, your order is 10% off, which is the price in the catty, right? Would it be more correct to say "you can order yourself online without a demo, but your order will cost 10% more"? Am I missing something?

I'm feeling sort of out of the loop...since I moved to the middle of nowhere and don't have my monthly card/SU club anymore, I don't seem to have any idea what's going on (except through here) with SU - sales, when the new catty is coming out, retiring lists, etc. I have a demo that I order through, but she's in another state - I had a local demo, but she quit earlier this year. :( (sorry this just turned into a rant!)
People like 10% discounts, the don't like *10% MORE*. Haha....so that's why they did it that way. I understand why they did it, it's a demo-based company, so if pricing were the same, why be a demo? Anyway...there is no reason why you can't choose any random demo anywhere in the US. So basically the higher pricing is there to make people choose a demo...that's all.

My demo is no where near me...never even met her in real life (just Facebook!)...and I love her...all kinds of goodies and discounts at random times throughout the year. So maybe email a demo through the search on the website...and see if she is offering any of her own specials and pick one you like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by gailsView Post
You know why your order is taking so long, so I won't answer that. But I just checked out your blog--it was sooo funny! You have quite the sense of humor! Where in the Chgo. burbs do you live?

I'm in the Plainfield area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #11  

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
People like 10% discounts, the don't like *10% MORE*. Haha....so that's why they did it that way.
Yeah, that's what I figured.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Default Got it Monda

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynamomView Post
Hi,

I placed an order with an area demo last Tuesday. I asked her about it once, I think it was the 26th, but she said she had heard nothing. I still, 8 days later, have heard nothing. Are they that behind, or are they closed for the holidays completely? I hate to bug my demo again. Thanks for any info!

Cindy
I also ordered about the 23rd and it came on MONDAY, it was due to come on the 30th which was Tuesday. I live in CANADA!!

By the way, I also read your blog. Hilarious I thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Default Got mine Monday 29th

Quote:

Hi,

Cindy
I also ordered on the 23rd and it came on Monday. I live in Canada so it has to go through customs (I think).

I also read your blog and found it hilarious.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Nichole, where are you in VT?
I am in Northern NY, and am really close to the Lake.
Keri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by gailsView Post

Hey, thanks for the nice words! The blog has been therapeutic beyond words.... also, it keeps me honest as a writer to keep the words flowing.

I live in a one-horse town called Channahon, right next to Joliet. I grew up in Joliet.

Happy New Year!

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 01:24 PM   #16  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johanna7View Post
I also ordered on the 23rd and it came on Monday. I live in Canada so it has to go through customs (I think).

I also read your blog and found it hilarious.
Thank you, too! Glad there are others out there who "get it" and can relate!!! I figure we are all going through some of the same things!

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #17  

Quote:

Originally Posted by KerilouView Post
Nichole, where are you in VT?
I am in Northern NY, and am really close to the Lake.
Keri
I'm in Central VT - about 15 miles north of Montpelier. Not much around here (except cows).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #18  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I placed a customer workshop order on Dec 23rd (AM) and it's not shipped yet. I live in northwest Indiana. With the holidays and free shipping they got backed up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #19  
Embossing Fanatic

I placed an order on the 23rd (pm) and it shipped on the 29th. It is due to arrive at my doorstep tomorrow! I have such great luck ordering through my demo's website. Two of my three orders have shipped the same day I placed them. This last order also came so fast. She must have connections. LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #20  
Crimping Master

Quote:

But you can order yourself through a demo's website and get catty pricing. If you order online without specifying a demo, you pay the extra 10%.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4View Post
But you can order yourself through a demo's website and get catty pricing. If you order online without specifying a demo, you pay the extra 10%.

If you pick a demonstrator with a demo website, you will get the catalog pricing plus hostess benefits if you qualify..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

Question

I placed an order very early in the morning on the 23rd. SU sent a shipment notice later in the day on the 23rd, with a UPS tracking number that was being re-used from a New Hampshire delivery in September, 2007.

Once additional tracking info showed up, I saw that even though the shipping notice was on the 23rd, my box didn't actually arrive at UPS until the 29th, and didn't leave Salt Lake City until the 30th. It also still shows that my package was delivered in NH on 9/27/07, and is being redirected to me for delivery on 1/6/09.

I had assumed Christmas vacation was one reason for the delay, but it is good to know they were doing inventory, too. It's a little annoying to think they did an amazing job getting an order shipped in one day, only to find out it took a week to actually get to UPS.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #23  
Gabfest Goddess

Wow, reading all this is making me more frustrated! How can there be such a discrepancy to some being shipped the same day or the next, and people like me who don't even have any word? I would think if some are shipped the same day or the next, any from that same day would be right close behind. Ugh. Patience is not the virtue I am best with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 08:24 AM   #24  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Wow, reading all this is making me more frustrated! How can there be such a discrepancy to some being shipped the same day or the next, and people like me who don't even have any word? I would think if some are shipped the same day or the next, any from that same day would be right close behind. Ugh. Patience is not the virtue I am best with!
It may have been shipped but the demo hasn't told you yet. SU will not send you a shipping notice if you had a demo place your order. The demo will get the shipping notice. The demo may not have placed your order right away either. I had a demo who waited 6 days to place my order, to see if she could add more to it for herself. When I asked about the order, she said she hadn't heard anything yet. She never did tell me she waited to place the order. I found out when the box was delivered and the invoice had the order date on it. That was the last time I ordered from her. Not that this is what your demo did.

So it may not be SU's fault your order is taking longer than you hoped.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 08:29 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbenjamView Post
I placed an order very early in the morning on the 23rd. SU sent a shipment notice later in the day on the 23rd, with a UPS tracking number that was being re-used from a New Hampshire delivery in September, 2007.

Once additional tracking info showed up, I saw that even though the shipping notice was on the 23rd, my box didn't actually arrive at UPS until the 29th, and didn't leave Salt Lake City until the 30th. It also still shows that my package was delivered in NH on 9/27/07, and is being redirected to me for delivery on 1/6/09.

I had assumed Christmas vacation was one reason for the delay, but it is good to know they were doing inventory, too. It's a little annoying to think they did an amazing job getting an order shipped in one day, only to find out it took a week to actually get to UPS.

Mary

Mine has an old '07 delivery date in NC in the tracking info...LOL

I am sure UPS is recycling numbers, but it's confusing!!

I think a lot of the shipping date has to do with what's in the order. If I were a large company, I would get all the small orders out of the way...expecially if they are just a couple of items....and then work on the larger ones. Not saying they do this, but it could have something to do with why an order placed on the23rd went out the same day while others just went out.

Also I know a lot of items were out of stock, but were due to come in shortly....it's possible that they held those orders if they knew the missing items were due in a few days. My order said it was Partial...so who knows what all I have to wait for when it does get here. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4View Post
It may have been shipped but the demo hasn't told you yet. SU will not send you a shipping notice if you had a demo place your order. The demo will get the shipping notice. The demo may not have placed your order right away either. I had a demo who waited 6 days to place my order, to see if she could add more to it for herself. When I asked about the order, she said she hadn't heard anything yet. She never did tell me she waited to place the order. I found out when the box was delivered and the invoice had the order date on it. That was the last time I ordered from her. Not that this is what your demo did.

So it may not be SU's fault your order is taking longer than you hoped.
Just for the record (and I realize you are not saying I held the order)- I am the demo who placed the order - and it was placed as soon as I received it from Cindy on the 23rd - and it still has not shipped. The order went in close to 7PM on the night of the 23rd, and still shows Submitted in OEX. Cindy has the detailed paperwork from her order - as I emailed it to her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 11:44 AM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

Cindy
I placed an order on the 23rd too (I'm a demo) and it hasn't shipped yet either. I figured that, being the last day of free shipping, they had a ton and they just haven't caught up yet. Hopefully soon... patience isn't in my list of virtues either!
Love, love, love your blog! I'm adding to my list of must reads!
Lois
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #28  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I placed an order on the 23rd an the status showing is "submitted" which isn't even one of the actually categories of status that they show. Anybody else show that status?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

I submitted late on the 23 and have no shipping confirmation yet either
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

I have 2 orders still sitting in submitted (I'm a Demo), one was ordered around 1pm and the other around 4pm and neither have shipped! I'm sure tons of people ordered that day with it being the end and start of promotions. I won't get too upset unless I hear that orders submitted after mine (especially any from 12/24 on) were shipping out and mine aren't. It is just extra painful as it then takes another week to get here to VA *whine*.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerlily55View Post
I placed an order on the 23rd an the status showing is "submitted" which isn't even one of the actually categories of status that they show. Anybody else show that status?
Submitted is a new term that SU! uses to let you know they have received the order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

So glad to hear. My order hasn't arrived yet either. I placed it with my demo on the 23rd, and asked for a tracking number. Haven't heard anything yet. And I too, do not like to bother her, especially during the holidays. I will give it a couple more days and then re-visit the tracking issue. Thanks for making me feel like I am not the only one. Happy Holidays Everyone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #33  
Insane Embellisher

I placed 2 orders on the 23rd. One about 2 pm and one closer to 8 pm. The one from 2 pm made it out after Christmas/before inventory stuff and the second order is still just sitting there. So there are a lot of people in the same boat still waiting for stuff from the 23rd to get picked and shipped. Hopefully it will happen soon!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #34  
Gabfest Goddess

BUT... it's a shame their system doesn't work such that no one (demo or customer) has to pay until it ships. I don't think that's fair. See, my concern at this point is.... I already have the Discover Card bill for it!!! It's due Jan. 25. I have always been told that you should NEVER pay a bill for goods/services you have not received OR for goods/services that were not properly received (broken, etc.). That's all that's on my bill this month, too, so paying for something I haven't received ... well... not sure if it's something I can do. Fortunately, I can pay it in person at a Sears that is right down the street, so I can wait til the last day.

Really, SU should rethink their payment procedures so cards are not billed until the order ships. Also, they should send communications to their demos to let them know of order backups... it just seems kind of like the nice thing to do. It's the demos that deal with customers, so to help them keep their customers happy, you'd think they would communicate better. Ugh. I guess my degree in communications and journalism kind of has me overthinking things at times!

My demo, who has posted here, has been fine through all of this. I don't have a single issue with her at all. I think that it is frustrating for all of us who are in the situation.

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #35  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by annod.rapView Post
So glad to hear. My order hasn't arrived yet either. I placed it with my demo on the 23rd, and asked for a tracking number. Haven't heard anything yet. And I too, do not like to bother her, especially during the holidays. I will give it a couple more days and then re-visit the tracking issue. Thanks for making me feel like I am not the only one. Happy Holidays Everyone!!
Your post kind of sums up why I started this thread to begin with.... I wanted to see who out there is where in the process, and who has heard what. I'm glad we have this forum for discussion so we can all kind of bounce info off of each other!

Happy holidays to you, too!

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #36  
Matboard Maniac

Does anyone ever pay for expedited shipping? I have considered it because it seems to take FOREVER for my stuff to arrive in PA. UPS lets it sit for about 2-3 days in western PA, it is sooo annoying. Amazon has me spoiled big time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #37  
Inking Addict

I placed an order on Dec. 21, and it arrived by Dec. 30 which is a pretty typical amount of time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 02:16 AM   #38  

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedonist19View Post
Does anyone ever pay for expedited shipping? I have considered it because it seems to take FOREVER for my stuff to arrive in PA. UPS lets it sit for about 2-3 days in western PA, it is sooo annoying. Amazon has me spoiled big time!
I have :rolleyes: It's soooo awesome! It's really only worth if it's a good sized order though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 03:11 AM   #39  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedonist19View Post
It's easy to get spoiled by other companies... last week I ordered (with Christmas money) from another popular stamping/crafting company on a late Sunday night/early Monday morning and I got it Wednesday! You sure can't beat that!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 08:18 AM   #40  
Crimping Master

I would guess it has a lot to do with the postal service too...they always have WAY more stuff to ship this time of year, and days off (like Christmas and New Year's) that slow things down. I placed an order before Christmas and just got it yesterday.
Reply With Quote Likes