Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-30-2018, 03:13 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts
Smile We R Memory Keepers Precision Stamp Board

I Know I saw a thread on this before but can't find it. I have the original WRMK board, and still have trouble keeping the paper in the exact position for additional stamping. I did find the video on You Tube showing how to glue your own mini magnets, and i have tried this using about 25 magnets. I think my main problem is some of the magnets keep flipping over to the negative side (even being glued and/or using packaging tape across them) - does anyone else have any better ideas to keep the paper from moving? I like the magnets Jennifer McGuire uses on her Misti - I think she posted she bought them from Simon Says Stamps, but I'm not sure they will be the right size for the WRMK boards. How has anyone else solved this problem? Thanks to all who reply!

Mac
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2018, 03:44 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 373 Likes on 222 Posts

I find that when I butt the paper up against the corner of the base, it's easy to replace it if it lifts up. I've also had some success with painter's tape, if I'm very careful removing it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2018, 08:20 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A brilliant friend of mine uses the Misti mouse pad and sprayed it with a temporary adhesive. She uses tear tape to hold the mouse pad to the Misti (this holds the mouse pad firmly to the Misti but at the same time is easily removed if needed). Once you have the mouse pad in place, you can place your cardstock directly onto the mouse pad and stamp; no magnets needed!

If you like to stamp on scratch paper, go ahead and add your scratch paper to the mouse pad and align your stamps. Once you're ready to stamp on your cardstock, you can use double sided removeable tape to hold your cardstock in place. This works really well when you need to use the negative in order to stamp on your die cuts.

For cling stamps, follow the same concept except instead of the mouse pad use a quilters grid template cut to size. You can make your own mouse pad by using the quilters grid template and some fun foam.

Spray adhesive:
Krylon� Easy-Tack? Repositionable Adhesive

Double sided temp tape:
Scotch� Double Sided Removable Tape, 3/4"

Grid template:
Loops & Threads? Clear Template Plastic
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2018, 08:03 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts

That is curious. I have only seen magnets used on the Misty because it has a magnetic base.......WRMK does not have a magnetic base, that’s why magnets don’t work. I have a WRMK since it first came out which I ��. I have never had a problem like you describe. On occasion a first time new stamp might stick to paper but easily removed.

I also butt my paper into the corner, and when I have to move my paper over I do so carefully.
One thing I did learn and not sure if this is true for the Misty as well and that is: when stamping several stamps at once if they are not the same brand some will stamp and some will not. Every stamp could be just that tiny fraction thicker and so that one won’t stamp as well.
I always test out on scrap paper when doing this. If I have to use sentiment from another
Brand I will stamp separately.

Last but not least it’s like the old saying”measure twice cut once” I always make sure everything is lined up before I stamp on my card especially if it is a sentiment going on last.

Thank goodness for WRMK tool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2018, 08:22 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think temporary tape or adhesive spray as mentioned above are worth trying. I notice that Jennifer Mcquire often tapes her card with temporary tape underneath instead of using magnets especially when she is using stamps that hang out over the edges. Even with magnets I sometimes tape.

If you want to save some hassle you could spring for the new Advanced Precision Press. I bought mine at a frequently occurring sale online for 20.99. Right now they are sold out but their larger stores have them. It is magnetic, has a foam pad with a grid for clear stamps and the little cushion pads, etc. It is about the size of the Tim Holtz travel platform. I thought I might not like the pegs but it’s so easy to use and gives a great image. I’ve given away one of my positioners that doesnt stamp well in the corners and am buying a second one of these for layering when they go on sale again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2018, 11:48 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

thank you all for the suggestions. Since the WRMK board doesn't have the magnets, the you tube videos showed how to buy the mini ones and glue them in place. that is what I did try. After reading the comments, i think the major issue is how I used it and what results I expected. thank you for pointing it out: I need to go slowly, keep the paper tight in the corner, can add some re-positioning tape and just ENJOY the experience ! Wonderful.. I will try it out again today. Thank you all so much ! (I knew I'd receive excellent advice from this forum and it's crafters !!)

Mac
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2018, 12:35 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Right now through 7/4 Michaels has an offer for 40% off all regular priced items for first time on-line buyers with pick-up at the store. That brings their price of the PP Advanced down to $17.99, in case anyone is near a Michaels and wants one. Code is 40BOPISW. (Second number is zero, capital letter O after the B.)

They also have 40% off any one regular priced item from 7/1 to 7/7, their more typical offer. Code is 40SAVE7118.

Last edited by bjeans; 07-02-2018 at 03:45 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2018, 01:46 PM   #8  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Right now through 7/4 Michaels has an offer for 40% off all regular priced items for first time on-line buyers with pick-up at the store. That brings their price of the PP Advanced down to $17.99, in case anyone is near a Michaels and wants one. Code is 40BOPISW. (Second number is zero, capital letter O after the B.)

They also have 40% off any one regular priced item from 7/1 to 7/7, their more typical officer. Code is 40SAVE7118.
Wow that's a good deal!
Reply With Quote Likes