Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-06-2007, 07:59 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the Tag-A-Long?

I was going to get a Big Shot but then I saw the Tag-A-Long ... it's only $39.99. I've never owned a die cut or embossing tool and wondered if the Tag-A-Long is a decent starter? The price sure is right. I want to be able to emboss backgrounds (for cards) and do die cuts (also for cards). I do not scrapbook ...

Can anybody offer and advice/insight to this little machine?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2007, 08:06 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I believe the tagalong is the "updated" version of a sizzix sidekick. (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) You can only use smaller dies in it like the sizzlets, sizzlet alphabets, and the 2"x2" cuttlebug dies work in it as well (they work in my sidekick). You won't be able to use thicker dies or wider dies as the opening in the sidekick is quite small. The bigshot can use the smaller dies with a converter or you can join the cuttlebug craze - all the dies seem to fit in the cuttlebug if you use the right combination of plates/spacers.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2007, 08:08 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I was told it can do the same things that the big shot can do except for thick cuts. The lady made it sound like it just has a smaller opening. I just opted for the bs because it could take the bigger dies. But it's so cheap - I love that.

Good luck,
a
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2007, 08:17 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabby_chickie
I was told it can do the same things that the big shot can do except for thick cuts. The lady made it sound like it just has a smaller opening. I just opted for the bs because it could take the bigger dies. But it's so cheap - I love that.

Good luck,
a
Hmmm, that's the impression (no pun intended - ha!) I got ... Much as I like chipboard I don't NEED to be able to make chipboard stuff ... I would just be using my cardstock. I really mostly want it for embossing ...but it sounds like it wouldn't take a full card size piece of cardstock? Ugh ... I think I'll just bite the bullet and get the Big Shot. It's on sale at Joanns today. Thanks ya'll!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2007, 08:32 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

The opening is less then 3" wide. In addition to the above mentioned dies it will take the long 12" border die or extended cuts. You would need to purchase the extended border cuts. I have a Big Shot and the Side Kick which is the Tag-a Long but a different color! It is nice to take to crops when you just want to take the sixxlets or a sizzlet alphabet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2007, 08:37 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by leney
The opening is less then 3" wide. In addition to the above mentioned dies it will take the long 12" border die or extended cuts. You would need to purchase the extended border cuts. I have a Big Shot and the Side Kick which is the Tag-a Long but a different color! It is nice to take to crops when you just want to take the sixxlets or a sizzlet alphabet!
Thanks Leney!! That's very helpful. Since I want to run larger pieces through I guess I need the Big Shot! Thanks again ladies for all the info!
Reply With Quote Likes