Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-20-2016, 09:18 AM   #41  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyofcardsView Post
BUY IT. If you keep buying dies you could easily pay for a Portrait or Cameo instead of dies! It is the BEST thing I have ever paid for in my crafting time! I love my Cameo! Get the Designer Edition of the software and go to town!
I did buy one because the cost of dies would pay for it. I played with it a lot - definitely use it for many functions, but I still buy Spellbinder dies.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2016, 09:48 AM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravynView Post
I guess I'm a dinosaur, as I dearly love wood-mounted stamps best of all! . . . I still even use eyelets & other "outdated" doodads every once in a great while (oh no, I can hear the gasps of horror! :p) Ah well... I enjoy "playing with what I have" whether it's 'in' or not... I always have been kind of an oddball, so I guess that carried over into my hobbies as well
I still have--and use--my Crop-A-Dile eyelet setter! I refuse to unmount my wood stamps. And tend to pass on clear stamps unless they are dirt cheap.
Oddball? No way. Well, maybe, but then I and most of my friends fall into the QUIRKY category so who am I to judge?

Dinosaur Two (or too)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2016, 10:07 AM   #43  
Rubber Obsessor

My favorite things are my Cricut Explore and my MISTI. I am totally organizing my craft room and pulling thin dies to sell. Boy did I go overboard on Spellbinders back before my Cricut. The next step is uploading my favorite stamps to cut out on my Cricut. Anyone interested in thin dies?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2016, 12:52 PM   #44  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I got two birthday presents that are my current favorite tools right now. My family got me a MISTI and I love it! And I got me a new Platinum by Spellbinders...it was on sale on HSN and with my birthday coupon it was WAY cheap and came with the extended pads, too, and I can't tell you how much I love this machine! It is truly amazing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2016, 02:40 PM   #45  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another of my faves is my Japanese hole punch. I love its wood handle, that it came highly recommended and it is very well made. Not to mention it came with about 8 different sized bits. My other tool that I love and adore was introduced to me by my dad back when I was in grade school. Some call it a safety wire pliers and others call it a wire twister pliers. My dad was an A&P mechanic and he had just bought one of these and brought it home to show us. When SU came out with a variety of wire, it was my ticket to purchasing those pliers. One year I made mini barbed wire for some ATCs I got involved in. Who knew...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2016, 05:12 PM   #46  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

After 2 years I am still intensely in love with my Spectrum Noir markers. And one of my newer purchases the Spectrum Noir Sparkle markers are fab in my opinion.
Mary ~~ QFTD #152, FS#514CC Guest Design Team 2012, 2013, 2017 & 2022 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 & 2022 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2016, 04:42 AM   #47  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Loving the Altenew stamps/die sets..flowers and Penny Black stamps. I am on a purchasing kick for these two brands lately. Also love my new Prismacolor pencils.

Eloise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2016, 05:22 AM   #48  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejluykView Post
Loving the Altenew stamps/die sets..flowers and Penny Black stamps. I am on a purchasing kick for these two brands lately. Also love my new Prismacolor pencils.
Did you get the 123pc Prismacolor set?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2016, 05:55 AM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

To Roberta...NO, wish I could have gotten the larger set. I started out with the Prismacolor 12 pencil set to try them out during an art class I received for my wedding anniversary. I like the smoothness and deep colors.

Eloise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2016, 07:00 AM   #50  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejluykView Post
To Roberta...NO, wish I could have gotten the larger set. I started out with the Prismacolor 12 pencil set to try them out during an art class I received for my wedding anniversary. I like the smoothness and deep colors.
That's what I did - I started out with the 12pc set. If you ever choose to upgrade, you may want to consider Amazon.com. The 123pc set I bought was a mere $88, about half the regular cost. Test driving something is always to our advantage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2016, 07:35 PM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 260 Likes on 141 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravynView Post
Yes, that would be nice if they were cling foam!! I do prefer cling over the clear stamps. Actually, I guess I'm a dinosaur, as I dearly love wood-mounted stamps best of all! Sigh - I don't "fit in" with current trends at all - I love my prismacolors & other pencils & don't care for markers; I have one distress ink pad (that was given to me) & no burning desire to get any more of them - I am perfectly happy with my collection of "older unfashionable" inks - I like pigment inks over dye inks for the most part. Stamp wheels tickle me, although I don't use them as much as I should - but they just make me happy for some weird reason. I still even use eyelets & other "outdated" doodads every once in a great while (oh no, I can hear the gasps of horror! :p) Ah well... I enjoy "playing with what I have" whether it's 'in' or not... I always have been kind of an oddball, so I guess that carried over into my hobbies as well
No gasps of horror from me! I'm your "sista stamper" at heart. I love wood mounted stamps and mount all the unmounted ones I buy to wood blocks everyone who is unmounting give me! I have no distress inks, stick with one company for dye inks and one for pigment inks. I have Prismacolors and other pencils as well. Do most of the little coloring I do with those and the ink from the lid of an ink pad. Just learned about Colorbursts, and while they are fun, I can get much the same results from other, older mediums. Don't have a Misti, don't want a Cricut or Silhouette. My all time favorite is my Cuttlebug. I have had it for years and it is still going strong. I am interested in the craft sheet the OP mentioned. Is there a link to a vender?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2016, 07:41 PM   #52  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
I am interested in the craft sheet the OP mentioned. Is there a link to a vender?
Just Google "best ever craft mat" and you'll get a variety of retailers (and prices). I bought mine from Amazon:

Amazon.com: The Best Ever Craft Mat by Ken Oliver Crafts
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2016, 07:47 PM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
Just Google "best ever craft mat" and you'll get a variety of retailers (and prices). I bought mine from Amazon:

Amazon.com: The Best Ever Craft Mat by Ken Oliver Crafts
Thank you! I just ordered one with one click!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2016, 10:24 AM   #54  
Stampin' Fool

Default Got A Deal on Catapillar Pro!

OK I didn't really need this, but I'm in love with my new Cutterpillar Pro trimmer. I stopped by Hobby Lobby and there was one left, and I couldn't resist it. I was able to use a coupon, and with Hobby Lobby's jacked up price it ended up costing $77.00.
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2016, 11:15 AM   #55  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnecardsView Post
OK I didn't really need this, but I'm in love with my new Cutterpillar Pro trimmer. I stopped by Hobby Lobby and there was one left, and I couldn't resist it. I was able to use a coupon, and with Hobby Lobby's jacked up price it ended up costing $77.00.
My Dahle Rolling Blade trimmer has served me well for some time, but the blade needs to be replaced as well as the plastic guide. I had a Fiskars prior to my Dahle. I'm considering moving on to a different make & model of paper trimmer but I just haven't made a concrete decision as to which one.

Anne, why are you in love with the Cutterpillar Pro?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #56  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAfricanQueenView Post
My Dahle Rolling Blade trimmer has served me well for some time, but the blade needs to be replaced as well as the plastic guide. I had a Fiskars prior to my Dahle. I'm considering moving on to a different make & model of paper trimmer but I just haven't made a concrete decision as to which one.

Anne, why are you in love with the Cutterpillar Pro?
I've only tried it a few times, because I arrived home with it about 20 minutes prior to posting. It cuts like butter, no need to hold paper down with a bar, the LED lights makes it easy to cut exactly where I want, and the cutting mechanism is solidly built. I would have never purchased it if not for the coupon. It does seem to cut as well as our office Dahl did. The Cutterpillar has a plastic platform, the numbers are hard to see, and doesn't seem as durable as the Dahl. Other crafters swear by the Cutterpillar, only time will tell. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2016, 03:10 PM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

I have the Dahl guillotine that I have love for years. Cuts very well and it has a self-sharpening blade. My only complaint is that the gird has worn off twice---once the manufactured one that it came with and once my hand drawn one with a sharpie. That's why it is not my favorite tool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2016, 06:27 PM   #58  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Oh yea, baby. I love this one also. It has become the center of my work bench.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2016, 07:57 PM   #59  
Mad Swapper

Thank you Anne, Jeanne and Janet for your feedback.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2016, 04:06 AM   #60  
Stampin' Fool

I've been engraving, learning, on metal. Just so happened I have white Gilders Paste. A lightbulb went off this morning, and here's the result. I hope this is useful for you.

It's easy to apply, and I'm happy with the results. Once it's totally set, up to 24 hours, I can clean any haze remaining on the smooth surface without removing the paste in the markings. I can even add another layer of paste. I opted to do only the top ruler. Opinions please!

Last edited by Annecards; 06-17-2016 at 08:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2016, 04:26 AM   #61  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anything by Gina K . Wish I'd found her when I started collecting supplies as I'd have saved a lot of money. Love her style and all of her products..it's definitely where I belong craft wise. Her paper and inks are the best I've found. The only complaint I have is she is always out of stuff which is very frustrating.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2016, 08:43 AM   #62  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rnruns60View Post
Anything by Gina K . Wish I'd found her when I started collecting supplies as I'd have saved a lot of money. Love her style and all of her products..it's definitely where I belong craft wise. Her paper and inks are the best I've found. The only complaint I have is she is always out of stuff which is very frustrating.
There's a link on here where I learned she's opening a brick & mortar store in Milwaukee WI I believe it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2016, 08:49 AM   #63  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
I have the Dahl guillotine that I have love for years. Cuts very well and it has a self-sharpening blade. My only complaint is that the gird has worn off twice---once the manufactured one that it came with and once my hand drawn one with a sharpie. That's why it is not my favorite tool.
That's the one thing I love about my Dahle - the grids have never worn off. I've only ever had to replace the straight blade (I got rid of the deco edge ones because they were only good for a single pass through) and I should have replaced the plastic guide then but have limped it through until now and will have to continue to do so.

It's probably more cost effective for me to replace the parts I need rather than buying a new trimmer. Pending the parts are still available, of course.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2016, 09:36 AM   #64  
Mad Swapper

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
I agree with Bev in that I too have used DBL. Sided Scotch Tape from the beginning! I am ALWAYS looking for a proper dispenser for it though...
Me too! I found a great little tape runner at Staples made for the Scotch double-sided tape. Here's a pic: Scotch� Double-Sided Tape Applicator Value Pack | Staples®. On its own, I think it cost $10 or so.

As for products I'm loving, the Simon Says Stamp card kits are really fun, but now I might be checking out Paperwishes too. I do have a bday coming up...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2016, 11:56 AM   #65  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by hultenlkView Post
Me too! I found a great little tape runner at Staples made for the Scotch double-sided tape. Here's a pic: Scotch� Double-Sided Tape Applicator Value Pack | Staples®. On its own, I think it cost $10 or so.

As for products I'm loving, the Simon Says Stamp card kits are really fun, but now I might be checking out Paperwishes too. I do have a bday coming up...
Now this is something I could fall in love with. Darn, I was just at Staples a half hour ago!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2016, 08:40 AM   #66  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 65 Likes on 35 Posts

My latest is Tim Holtz Distress Markers. I've been searching for the perfect watercoloring medium and this is it for me. I also remain in love with my Cuttlebug. I bought a Big Shot so I could have a magnetic plate but it doesn't cut as well as my CB. If CB made a magnetic plate, it would be the perfect tool.

Off to look at the best ever craft mat....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2016, 08:06 AM   #67  
Matboard Maniac

I have to add that I am currently in mad love with my Gina Marie dies. The quality and price is outstanding! I love getting well-made dies for SO little money. Oh, I'm obviously in love with my Cuttlebug, too.

omg -- just noticed the little title under my user name is 'Rubber Obsessor'... lmao!! I'm apologize.. have a totally juvenile sense of humor.

Last edited by BohemianBelle; 04-28-2016 at 08:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2016, 10:22 PM   #68  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

I got the Cutterpillar Pro a few months back and absolutely LOVE it. Best
Cutter ever!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2016, 11:15 PM   #69  
Stampin' Fool

I don't think I should really comment, I've "Liked" so many others already made!!!!! Does that make me fickle, or really enjoying my hobby!!! I finally have the time to devote to it again!!!!

One thing I'm enjoying among all my coloring tools, are the Art Impressions watercolor stamp sets. You create your own scene with selected stamps, so each one is unique. It's giving me a chance to use my various water-based ink markers to color with. The watercolor scenes look so lovely and are fun and easy to create like a mini painting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2016, 09:12 AM   #70  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3View Post
One thing I'm enjoying among all my coloring tools, are the Art Impressions watercolor stamp sets. You create your own scene with selected stamps, so each one is unique. It's giving me a chance to use my various water-based ink markers to color with. The watercolor scenes look so lovely and are fun and easy to create like a mini painting.
I like these, too. I am fortunate that I live close to where the family is who owns the company and they had a huge sale early this year, or late last year. I was able to take a clas from their daughter using these sets. They are so versatile and it was so much fun. I'm happy to find someone else enjoying them, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2016, 10:28 AM   #71  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3View Post
These are very lovely! This thread is so enabling...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2016, 09:57 AM   #72  
Crimping Master

I love my Zig clean color real brush watercolor markers! I don't know why I've been suffering with copics all these years. Images that used to take an hour to blend and color, now take only 10 minutes with these. I absolutely LOVE them!

And they are way cheap on amazon here: 36 Set Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. You do not need 300 markers like copics....the 36 is really enough.

Last edited by dini; 05-04-2016 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: edited link
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2016, 03:30 PM   #73  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by QtpyView Post
I love my Zig clean color real brush watercolor markers! I don't know why I've been suffering with copics all these years. Images that used to take an hour to blend and color, now take only 10 minutes with these. I absolutely LOVE them!

And they are way cheap on amazon here: 36 Set Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. You do not need 300 markers like copics....the 36 is really enough.
Oh my... I started shopping for these now... enabling!

I read the really high rate of positive reviews on Amazon for these things. People love these things. Thanks for the link.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 02:17 PM   #74  
Glitter Queen

I love my Rotatrim paper cutter , my sue Wilson dies and my platinum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #75  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by RizackView Post
I love my Rotatrim paper cutter , my sue Wilson dies and my platinum.
Rizack - is your rotatrim a guillotine style or a rolling blade style? I just bought a 12 x 12 rolling blade style but I won't be getting mine until June.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 02:56 PM   #76  
Glitter Queen

Mine is the rolling blade 12x12 also, best money I ever spent, cuts like a hot knife through butter. You will enjoy the fact you can be precise in measuring and the perfect edges. I tell my husband all the time how much I love this machine. I take my pictures of my cards on top of the cutter because I mounted lighting above the cutter. You might see it in one of them

Last edited by Rizack; 05-04-2016 at 03:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 03:11 PM   #77  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by RizackView Post
Mine is the rolling blade 12x12 also, best money I ever spent, cuts like a hot knife through butter. You will enjoy the fact you can be precise in measuring and the perfect edges. I tell my husband all the time how much I love this machine. I take my pictures of my cards on top of the cutter because I mounted lighting above the cutter. You might see it in one of them
Looking forward to getting mine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #78  
Matboard Maniac

The Misti. I am a messy stamper and this makes for tidy even stamping. Not sure I could go back to 'winging it'. I have become so dependent on this tool, even just making a single card.
Reply With Quote Likes