Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #41  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

I am not sure what weight it is, but Hobby Lobby's Heavyweight cardstock is pretty thick. I use it for card bases for cards I sell. It comes in white, black, & cream, plus they've added other colors now. Just make sure the package label says "heavyweight." AND, since it's Paper Studio "brand," when they have their Paper Studio "Blowout" sale, or when all scrapbooking paper is on sale, you can get it for 50% off. That's certainly what I do! It's 8.5x11", and has 50 sheets in a package. On sale, it's about $4.49. Good deal, imo!

Proud Dirty Dozen Design Team Alumna!
Featured Stamper #564
Blog: Andrea's Paper Antics
SCS Gallery

Illegitimi non carborundum
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2017, 04:53 PM   #42  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My favourite cardstock is 300gsm from Crafters Companion, also from Hunky Dory although I don't know if you can get that in America, if I want dividers I make them from heavy weight cardboard, usually from Whiskers or Felix cat food boxes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2017, 06:49 PM   #43  
Kookie Creator

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I purchased some paper from Paper Plus in S. FL. It is 100# weight but much heavier than any other paper that I have used. The salesman told me that it is not your usual 100# card stock. It is called Couger but I am not sure of the gsm. At the time, I did not know there was a card stock and cover stock paper. They sell it on Amazon and at Staples but I got it for a much lower price. I also just purchased some Neenah Solar White from Tupelo Designs. It is on sale at great price and they have free shipping!
Neenah Paper - 80lb Classic Crest Cardstock 8.5" x 11" 250/Pkg - Solar White ? TupeloDesignsLLC. It is the same that they have on Amazon but over $10 less money!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2017, 06:11 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well shoot. Gina was not in at the shop today (DD competing in a Big10 event, I think) but the gal behind the desk is passing along a note, so hopefully Gina can pop in sometime and help sort out how the charts relate to card stock we're more familiar with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2017, 03:20 AM   #45  
Gallery Gazer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobarb26View Post
I purchased some paper from Paper Plus in S. FL. It is 100# weight but much heavier than any other paper that I have used. The salesman told me that it is not your usual 100# card stock. It is called Couger but I am not sure of the gsm. At the time, I did not know there was a card stock and cover stock paper. They sell it on Amazon and at Staples but I got it for a much lower price. I also just purchased some Neenah Solar White from Tupelo Designs. It is on sale at great price and they have free shipping!
Neenah Paper - 80lb Classic Crest Cardstock 8.5" x 11" 250/Pkg - Solar White ? TupeloDesignsLLC. It is the same that they have on Amazon but over $10 less money!
I've purchased from Tupelo several times - fast shipping, friendly CS. : ) I wish they had 110 lb. I use it more than the 80, but might pick up the 80 since the price is so good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2017, 11:15 AM   #46  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hi guys! Sorry, I just found this thread! I can help with our card stock.

Our colored card stock is 100lb which is 270 gsm
Our Heavy Base Weight White is 120lb which is 300 gsm
Our Layering Weight White is 80lb which is 216 gsm

If anyone has any specific questions regarding GKD cardstock, I will keep checking back and will answer!

Hugs!!! XOXOXO

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2017, 11:38 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Gina,
Maybe you can answer this (and maybe it doesn't matter, cuz I love your card stock and how it works for me, and that is enough to keep this girl happy), but the chart in post 12 ... the different categories (cover, index, etc) ... if they have the same gsm, are we talking basically the same thing, or are they still different? many thanks in advance!

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 02-20-2017 at 11:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #48  
Gabfest Goddess

Cover stock is generally heavier than Card stock from a paper manufacturer's view point. Our card stock would be in the "Cover stock" classification. However gsm is gsm and that tells the real story. So go by that. If the gsm is 270-300, it's going to be a nice thick card or "cover" stock and will be perfect for sturdy card bases.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2017, 12:19 PM   #49  
Gallery Gazer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

jeanniebean and Gina, great question and great answer. This has been confusing, so thank you both.

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2017, 12:26 PM   #50  
Gabfest Goddess

Glad to help!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2017, 02:52 PM   #51  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbwccView Post
If you order from Cutcardstock.com, they will cut up to 100 sheets for you to the size you want them (5x7) for a $7.00 fee. For example, if you got this 130lb cover weight brown bag cover stock, 4 pkgs of 25 sheets (at the bulk discount rate of $6.53 per pkg), you could get all 200 5x7's already cut for you for ~$33 plus shipping.

I'm not sure how much you value your time to cut it all, so just wanted you to know that there were places that could do all that cutting for you.
I am going to put my 2 cents in here about cutting card stock in half. I would not trust Staples to cut your card. I purchased 4 reams of wonderful card stock from Kelly Papers and decided to save my time since I am doing two projects that I will need 1300 card bases. What a MESS! They did not cut them exactly in half so some are larger than 4 1/4 which then means the other is less than 4 1/4. I decided that from now on I will take it to a printer to do this! I think that is so neat that Cutcardstock.com will cut your paper for you.

This is a great thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2017, 05:39 PM   #52  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Neenah or Wausau

Has anyone tried Neenah or Wausau 110# card stock from OfficeMax/Office Depot ? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2018, 07:28 AM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 260 Likes on 141 Posts

Know this is late in this discussion, but since SU has come out with their heavier White and Vanilla card stocks, I purchased them. Have been using the stuff from Staples, but the new SU is heavier. However, I like the really white-white of the Staples. Anyone know of a really white, but also heavy card stock?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2018, 12:34 PM   #54  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I am looking for a super thick stock paper I go to Joann's or Michael's and buy the "Strathmore Mixed Media" paper. It's 140 lbs and I love it. They also have the lighter weight of 100 for use with metal dies. Shop around in that same aisle as you may find a stock, color, size you would like better. I usually get the smooth "and" what I call "dimpled" tablets. I think that would be called "water color paper". Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes