Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-27-2014, 03:12 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who's a cricut cartridge addict????

I don't want to be hooked up to a computer to use my cricut so am still using my Expression.
I enjoy collecting the cartridges and I DO use them I make lots of cards and have to have die cuts on them
Who else still buys cartridges and how many do you own..........Just wondering I have about 225 of them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

I stopped at about 25. I really have plenty of images and now I moved on to a Silhouette. Being toggled to a computer isn't half bad when you see what's out there! So many cool things to cut.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2014, 10:57 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

About 98 or so. But It looks as if they are going all digital so no new carts coming out? The last one I bought (on Sale at Michaels) was Rock Princess. I am so not going to be connected to a computer to craft. And Cricut sort of missed the boat with me. They crate something and it is the rage then they dump it and move on and people who bought the newest bestest thing is left holding a useless tool. Gypsy and Image proves my point. I am doing metal die cuts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm a cartridge user, lover, collector and hoarder!!!!
I own several Exressions also. The last 2 I bought on black friday and those 2 I wont update because then they can still be used with SCAL.

Since I'm primarily a card maker I'm quite satisfied with the artwork on the cartridges.
I've never felt the need to design my own files.

While I'm sure the new Explore is a superior cutting machine I get (in my opinion) beautiful cuts from my Expression.

I own over 100 carts..........
And I can't wait to get my hands on the new CTMH Artfully Sent cartridge that will be released in August.
Its designed specifically for card making.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
I am a Cricut Addict. I have 3 machines, the original 6" machine, an Expression and the Cake the size of an Expression.
Between physical and digital cartridges, I have 217 cartridges.

The Explore would be a nice addition, but I prefer using my Expression and my Gypsy, I don't like working on a computer as much since I use one all day at work.

P.S. I assume, you won't be sharing the amount of cartridges I own with DH, he only thinks I have 100, he does know about the machines, they're a little harder to hide, LOL!!!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2014, 04:36 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2View Post
Hi!
I am a Cricut Addict. I have 3 machines, the original 6" machine, an Expression and the Cake the size of an Expression.
Between physical and digital cartridges, I have 217 cartridges.

The Explore would be a nice addition, but I prefer using my Expression and my Gypsy, I don't like working on a computer as much since I use one all day at work.

P.S. I assume, you won't be sharing the amount of cartridges I own with DH, he only thinks I have 100, he does know about the machines, they're a little harder to hide, LOL!!!

Thanks
Yes, it is harder to hide the machines - but not impossible! My husband thinks i only have 3 machines because that is all that is visible in my craft room! Ignorance is bliss.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I had no idea there were even that many cartridges. Is there a master list of all created I can get my hands on?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2014, 07:35 PM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

I also do not want to connect my cricut to a computer. I have a decent collection of cartridges which I am happy with. If I ever do want to use a computer with die cutting, I would much rather buy a silhouette.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2014, 10:51 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by diecuts4uView Post
I don't want to be hooked up to a computer to use my cricut so am still using my Expression.
I enjoy collecting the cartridges and I DO use them I make lots of cards and have to have die cuts on them
Who else still buys cartridges and how many do you own..........Just wondering I have about 225 of them.
Wow 225 carts! That is seriously impressive. You win! ! I have a friend who owns all of them. She did own all the machines. She doesn't want an Explore.

I think I have 99. I have the Gypsy and the Aqua Cricut. She's on her last legs though. I don't want an Explore right now. I might get a small older Cricut when my Aqua one goes to Cricut heaven.

I am a cartridge addict. I do love the ones I have. I was so blessed to get my cartridges in the heyday and build a nice collection.

I have a Cameo too. I do enjoy designing. I also own Sizzlits, Nesties & Sizzix dies. I even have a couple of QuickKuts ones. I love die cuts & die cutting.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2014, 01:05 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 59 Likes on 14 Posts

I love my cricut.. I have the original and a expression which Ive used just about 3 times . because incase my ole faithful goes out I will have a back up since I love collecting cartridges too. I don't have as much as all of you yet. but im creeping up on you guys lol.. So true though. its sad that provo craft does that. just hope they will stand by their product should there come a time we who have invested so much into their product. Yes I was really sad when they stopped having the gypsy on rewards.. which it took a lot of reward points (4000) to be exact!! I finally got my 4000 and go figure it no longer offers it. bad enough im told after paying the rewards its going to cost just as much for shipping.. cant win can I? I have around 50+ carts and still interested in getting more . addicted to my cricut!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2014, 07:42 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

I confess I discovered ebay and cricut cartridges. Just in the past few weeks I have picked up a number of them for a pretty good price. A couple of them I had been looking at for awhile. They have all been still in their packaging. I have to stay away from there now until after I make a list of what I have so I don't double up. I have that problem!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2014, 09:06 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

oh I would never tell a husband how many you have we cricut/craft supply gals have to stick together. I too started buying my carts way back when. So glad I did.
I like to take a cart thumb thru the book and cut a bunch of stuff for my cardmaking.
I have all my carts in a sterlite three drawer storage unit they sold at wmart. It hold all my carts in rows. (pictured as my avatar to the left)
I have all the books in two drawers of a small chest of drawers I got t g. will
I started numbering my carts when I first started collecting them I have a master list and can find them fast.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2014, 11:14 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

I have about 50 in a gypsy. Now that the explore came out carts are getting really cheap. I would still pick them up but I'm working on getting rid of mine and getting either the explore or the silhouette. I've been talking about it for months on here.... I'm just moving really slo on making this decision...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 07:22 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have thought of getting a ScanNCut. And when my Cricuts (2) bites the dust I will look around for a new company to funnel my money into.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 08:12 AM   #15  
Kookie Creator

I enjoy my cricut machines (expression and expression 2) and prefer the portability of each. My cartridge total is over 70, including some recent Anna Griffin carts. I also scope out e-bay for some carts whose images I have seen on some cards. One local classroom for children with life challenges is always cutting out images for tags, cards, bulletin boards, and gifts. The machine is user friendly for these students, and they are always so excited when the cut is complete and the image carefully revealed from the mat.

I have purchased metal dies for special images, and like the effects with embossing folders/borders, but seem to come back to what's in the cricut cart library in the closet. My friends also have requests because they like to check out the carts and select images for cutting. I made paper pins last year using images from a few holiday carts (gingerbreads, snowmen); they made great educator gifts! Paper ornaments are always a hit in our regional nursing homes because of their limited storage space requirement. I also did a set of interlocking Christmas trees for the residents. They were delighted to have a tree in their rooms, on their dressers, and were careful as they viewed the varying patterned papers. The aides repeated their appreciation for the flexibility for storage.
I have noticed fewer and fewer options with the rewards points, and that doesn't please me in the least bit. Shipping that exceeds the value of the item continues to bug me.
This cricut library has been quite an investment, and I would hope that Provo Craft keeps us in mind with product development.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

AMEN!!! to clocidi!!! I agree. I too Have invested what I can into my cricut addiction and many times I have to save up to get my carts to where it's at.(50+) I have even started buying used and linked carts. since they took it from the rewards. I never brought them if they were linked because my goal was the new for the rewards points so I could get to 4000 for the gypsy. now that is not a option. I watch for carts at good prices.... new used and linked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2014, 11:01 AM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Oh my gosh, love this thread.....fellow Cricut lovers!!!!! I thought I was bad with my eBay cartridge buying and sale purchases - a couple of you have me beat, and I love it!!! I'm not so "bad" and still have a ways to go!!! lol

I have over 100, (lost count), and swore I had enough, yet still find "good deals", like the recent Toy Story sale! I was late getting into the Cricut craze, and only have an E2. I sometimes think since it feels like they might "phase out" the Expression & E2, that I should get another as a back up. Having only used the E2, the Expression would be a learning curve for me, so.... I also have a Gypsy, and occasionally use the CCR.

Since I make cards more than do scrapbooking, I love the machine! Don't need to design on the computer, and don't want to be tied to one to have to cut. Also, I'm not that computer savvy. I also love the CTMH cartridges - have them and anticipating the new one, and like some of the Anna Griffin ones. I too hope PC continues support of the older machines. Nothing worse than to pay good money for a product only to have it dropped like a hot potato!!! You begin to lose faith and trust when that continually happens; and I've stopped buying those companies latest and greatest for that very reason!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2014, 06:18 PM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

If there is any way you could afford to get a back up machine, I think you should consider doing so.
Either an E or E2 .the "legacy" stand alone machnes are being phased out and you can find them for pretty cheap right now. Provocraft is pushing all digital. Soon that will be all thats available.
Right now there is a sale at cricut.com on alot of older re-released carts. $19.99.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2014, 11:28 PM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3View Post
Oh my gosh, love this thread.....fellow Cricut lovers!!!!! I thought I was bad with my eBay cartridge buying and sale purchases - a couple of you have me beat, and I love it!!! I'm not so "bad" and still have a ways to go!!! lol

I have over 100, (lost count), and swore I had enough, yet still find "good deals", like the recent Toy Story sale! I was late getting into the Cricut craze, and only have an E2. I sometimes think since it feels like they might "phase out" the Expression & E2, that I should get another as a back up. Having only used the E2, the Expression would be a learning curve for me, so.... I also have a Gypsy, and occasionally use the CCR.

Since I make cards more than do scrapbooking, I love the machine! Don't need to design on the computer, and don't want to be tied to one to have to cut. Also, I'm not that computer savvy. I also love the CTMH cartridges - have them and anticipating the new one, and like some of the Anna Griffin ones. I too hope PC continues support of the older machines. Nothing worse than to pay good money for a product only to have it dropped like a hot potato!!! You begin to lose faith and trust when that continually happens; and I've stopped buying those companies latest and greatest for that very reason!
Do you like your E2? I am thinking of getting one. My Cricut is about ready to bite the dust. I thought of getting a smaller Cricut but the E2 seems more my style now.

Every time I ask about a Cricut machine now I either get barked at for liking Cricut or sold on the Explore. I don't want the Explore. Note to my SCS Cricut girls. I am not talking about you barking. You know we all make fun of PC and get mad at them but we are sweet about it. We still dearly love our machines.

My art studio is really not computer friendly any more. I just don't like dragging my computer in my art studio to cut files. I have become dependent on my Cricut lately. This was really hard for me because I am a computer geek. I couldn't understand why so many people would say "I don't want a machine tied to a computer?" I use to think Really? How is that possible? How can you survive? ROFL! I thought it teasing like that not serious. Teasing aside I know what you all mean now. It's a big old hassle. I guess I got tablet dependent.

What is everyone's favorite cartridges? Mine are both Hello Kitty cartridges, Summer In Paris, Art Noveau, Lacy Labels & Mini Monograms.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2014, 05:52 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Gotta share this. I too have an Aqua Expression I bought on blk Friday 2010 well I have NOT been able to find it. I have more than one machine. Recently I decided to gift my baby bug to an online friend in CA who has no machines, I knew where the box was, stored in a spare bedroom way back in the corner behind boxes and storage tubs. I was moving things around to get to the box, and sitting on top of an under the bed tote, there was my aqua E all covered up with a bath towel......YEAH I knew I had moved it out of a bedroom when we had company, well there it was. One good deed leads to the lost being FOUND
I have been loading up more carts with the fantastic sales lately.I have always wanted Paper Pups and finally go it which puts me at 229.I need to call 1-800-don't buy carts.
I recently got Total Sports and it has tons of stuff a non sport scrapper could use. Several diff. fonts, many shapes, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2014, 11:03 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lol diecuts4u...If you ask my hubby he too will say I need cart rehab!! Haha... I just pray PC rethinks things and remember it's loving and faithful cart lovers don't go digi only but expand and keep making carts....you know many had a problem with having to storing the carts . Now just think if they decided to go dies instead. imagine having to store those? should they equal images per cart. Always pros and cons to everything. I Love My "CRICUT".... i'm loving stamping too!! As for favorite cart its so hard to just pick 1... Of course anyone would be insane not to Love Hello Kitty .. go figure why people is selling it starting @ 300 .. the love for it makes it expensive.. we should all hate it maybe we can actually get find it under 100 haha. with that said I love many to name a few Storybook. Both Critter carts, & Many more I don't have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2014, 10:25 PM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

DieCuts4U- That is so cool you find your Aqua Expression. Christmas in July! That is the prettiest Expression PC ever released. My DH was going to get me the Pink one. I am so glad I went for Aqua.

I love Paper Pups. I bought it when it first came out. Yes, girls I paid $80 for carts in the day. We didn't know back then it was going to take off like it did. I thought it was going to be like an embroidery machine and those carts are still high to this day.

You don't need intervention die cuts. You need more carts.

Hawaiian- I have an extra Hello Kitty in the blister pack. I can't part with it. Even during the Recession when times were tough I could have gotten some great dollars out of it. I held on too it. I really don't hold on too things. I know if I lost that cart my Cricut days would be over. I am not joking. What is so funny I have a Hello Kitty coloring book I use for paper piecing. It's not like I need the extra cart, lol. I am attached to it. All my Hello Kitty carts I only paid $20 for all three of them. The crazy prices they are on Ebay is nuts. I am a Kawaii collector so I know why they are so expensive. Kawaii items are only licensed for a short period of time then they have to be retired. I have Hello Kitty stationery that is worth $200. I bought it for $1.00.

My DH was the one that started me on the Criut craze. He thought I needed one. I didn't really want to store Sizzix dies or pay those crazy prices. Close to $200 for an alphabet. No way. Eighty dollars for a Cricut cartridge back in the day was a really good deal when you looked at the cost of dies.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2014, 12:18 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

lylacfey- I know right? I got my 2 carts of hello kitty and im happy... I recently tried helping some sweet lady get some hello kitty dies. since its hard to find the cart now days...its like you most are attached to it even if they had a extra 1. but as you know basicly it starts at $300...what was bad was the person posted 1 price then when I got the dear lady to contact them .. they upped the price... I felt so bad so I tried to get the die at the upped price and had intended get it and just ask her to maybe get the cost of shipping, But that didn't workout because the person had it listed at a higher price and still told me they would let me know they had a met up... so me and the nice lady I tried getting it for figured we didn't want to do business with the person ..just didn't sound right. and in the end the person texted me saying the met up went well....I paid shy of a $100 @ Wal-Mart for my 1st cart outside of the 2 that came with my original cricut.. dang back in the days huh..but was happy to pay for it .. it turned out to be 1 of my loved carts...."Storybook" for a long time that was my only brought cart because they were hard to find here. even wal mart only carried 1 or 2 if you was lucky and I don't mean 1 or 2 titles I mean actually only 2 carts...then about the time Hello Kitty came out we in Hawaii have a store called longs which cvs (I think is the company) now brought them out. Had carts I wanted another so bad and so I loved tinkerbell and had to have the cart because it was 1 of my grandbabies fav so I brought me my own birthday gift my hubby wasn't going to pay the $60 they was asking so I brought it my self. lol I think I made him feel so bad that he went back the next day and got me my Hello Kitty lol he got lucky too ... it was on sale for $45... best price ever!!!... Im still trying to keep a eye out for the sweet lady a Hello Kitty anything die or cart... and Ms lylacfey I don't blame you.. I would hold on to it... had I known back then what we all know today .. I would have brought many more... gosh now you got me talking about carts ...im starting to have a itch for those I want and don't got!!! lol bad bad you gals!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #24  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
Do you like your E2? I am thinking of getting one. My Cricut is about ready to bite the dust. I thought of getting a smaller Cricut but the E2 seems more my style now.

Every time I ask about a Cricut machine now I either get barked at for liking Cricut or sold on the Explore. I don't want the Explore. Note to my SCS Cricut girls. I am not talking about you barking. You know we all make fun of PC and get mad at them but we are sweet about it. We still dearly love our machines.

My art studio is really not computer friendly any more. I just don't like dragging my computer in my art studio to cut files. I have become dependent on my Cricut lately. This was really hard for me because I am a computer geek. I couldn't understand why so many people would say "I don't want a machine tied to a computer?" I use to think Really? How is that possible? How can you survive? ROFL! I thought it teasing like that not serious. Teasing aside I know what you all mean now. It's a big old hassle. I guess I got tablet dependent.

What is everyone's favorite cartridges? Mine are both Hello Kitty cartridges, Summer In Paris, Art Noveau, Lacy Labels & Mini Monograms.
I love my E2, but then it's all I know!! I sure hope they don't phase out the E2 and go to the Explore only. A shop where I took classes on my E2 has had some experience with the Explore and wasn't that impressed. If your computer crashes or breaks, you're screwed until it's fixed!!! Sometimes (as expressed by this thread) newer isn't always better for everyone!!!!! Hear that PC!!! You don't need to get rid of everything just because you made a new product!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2014, 01:54 PM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my cricut!!! I don't have near the amount of carts some of you
have(wish I did), but I have a few around 15. I have 2 Expressions. I
had to buy a spare just in case. My first one is getting old but still works
great.
Mine sits on my craft table at all times so that I can use it whenever I want to.
I don't like having to be connected to the computer to create. I do use my gypsy a lot.
Its nice to know you are all out there ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my cricut!!! I don't have near the amount of carts some of you
have(wish I did), but I have a few around 15. I have 2 Expressions. I
had to buy a spare just in case. My first one is getting old but still works
great.
Mine sits on my craft table at all times so that I can use it whenever I want to.
I don't like having to be connected to the computer to create. I do use my gypsy a lot.
Its nice to know you are all out there ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2014, 01:10 AM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

Hawaiian- I always forget how much cartridges are in your area. That breaks my heart your friend can't get the Hello Kitty dies. I have all those too. I was so happy to get them because my area wasn't carrying them either. There are a few Sizzlits dies I want in the Hello Kitty line but I saw the prices. I am like "That's ok. I will pass." I guess you can tell I really love Kawaii.

lovetostamp3- Thank you so much about the info on the E2. I decided tonight I am going to get an E2. My Internet is just not reliable and the Explore is just not happening in my home, lol. I know Silhouette was working on an iPad app. Hopefully we can be offline to use it. I need an offline cutter and not online. I know everything is going to the Cloud. I don't want to be in the Cloud as the Grand Theft Auto V radio DJ's like to say.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2014, 06:42 AM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

* I have wanted paper pups forever but never wanted to pay the high price, well I found it the other day on ebay $13.95 buy it now, cant wait for it to arrive
Hello Kitty Story, I bought mine way back when on ebay for $13ea got both carts
Well, about 2 years ago we were back in our home town visiting relatives, I went to wal mart and there in the clearance aisle was a hello kitty greetings cart $35 took it to customer service, they scanned and said $69.00, I asked them to call a mgr. as it is MARKED $35 with a clearance sticker (this was during the time they were selling on ebay for ungodly high prices) the called and mgr said sell it for that price we have had that cart for over a year......................................so I bought it and re sold it on craigslist for $120.00 at a time when they were selling way higher than that. I bought it to resell to make some $$$. I told hubby why I was buying it and he doubted I would get much out of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2014, 02:07 AM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

I bet after you sold HK your hubby thought differently, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2014, 03:56 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

I also am an addict and still working with the Expression. I don't want to use the computer either. I have about 50 of them. didn't know there were 225 out there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2014, 03:58 AM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

They sure would be hard to hide LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2014, 04:01 AM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

I just got the Anna Griffin ones and they work in the Expression with the universal thingy.I found it easy to use Universal Overlay, ( Senior MOment ) lol. You can make some awesome stencils with some of her designs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2014, 04:04 AM   #34  
Rubber Obsessor

wow that is great! I get a lot of cartridges on Ebay for 9-15.00. No sense paying over 60
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2014, 04:07 AM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

I totally agree with you. I still use the Expression and maybe should get another or the little one for backup. I don't need to do 12x12 papers all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2014, 04:13 AM   #36  
Rubber Obsessor

that's a great idea. then I could wheel them all into the room I have the cricut in and would give me more shelf space for the rest of my addiction to card making LOL
Reply With Quote Likes