Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-08-2007, 04:48 AM   #41  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgot to add that I tried not paying attention to the measurements and just letting the guides fit the paper perfectly. Yes, I'm now getting straight cuts but not 2 pieces of equal sized paper. Thus, another clue leading me to believe that it's just my machine and that the paper guides are off.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2007, 05:05 AM   #42  
Mad Swapper

Sorry, I'm just post happy today and also venting.
The binditall.com website has been updated to say:
  1. On the back cutting channel (having one single center cutting blade) the paper guide adjustments on both sides are self centering and are to be adjusted by hand (with one hand on the left side and one hand on the right side) according to the width of the paper being used.
  2. The turning wheels on the left and right side of the back of the machine are not intended to move. Please note the above such that you do not consider your Dreamkuts as having manufacture's defects.
    If you still have any questions please contact Zutter Innovative.
Ok, fine. So then I go to contact us and it only lists a scrapbook store and no info whatsoever for Zutter Innovative. I did a websearch, actually a few of them on different search engines, and couldn't find anything for Zutter Innovative.
So after some serious searching I finally found this website which looks to be the official company website : www.zutterzisters.com
Of course there is no phone number on the site and gives an email address to contact customer service. So looks like this isn't going to be quickly resolved.
Totally off point here - but how do I make spacing lines for my paragraphs. When I type they are there, but not after I post. It'd be much easier to read my ramblings if you could tell where a new paragraph starts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2007, 05:15 AM   #43  
Die Cut Diva

Here's a link to the Zutter sisters' email addresses:
http://www.zutterzisters.com/aboutus.html

Nan Paturzo

Jessica Guthrie

[email protected]

[email protected]
[email protected]

I haven't emailed them yet... since I think you explained exactly what I need answers for. ;)

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2007, 05:22 AM   #44  
Die Cut Diva

This is kind of funny.. but apparently the wheels don't DO anything! I think they do need to put some sort of paperwork in with the Dreamkuts. ;)

This is from the main company website:
http://www.zutterzisters.com/DreamKutscuts.html

DreamKuts is NOT designed to cut chipboard!

If you are one of the unlucky few who has tried to cut chipboard in your
DreamKuts unsuccessfully, have no fear! Email us and we can give
you instructions on how to fix it.

But first, let's go over what the DreamKuts IS designed to do:

The DreamKuts has a total of three self-sharpening rotary blades that
never need to be replaced. The machine has two cutting slots, one in
the back of the machine and one in the front. Place the paper or
cardstock into the slot of your choice and turn the crank to smoothly
and quickly precision cut your paper.

The front slot cuts 12-inch wide paper or cardstock in three 4-inch
sections. The black tabs on the ends of this slot DO NOT move. They
simply guide the paper from where they are. For nine 4 x 4 squares,
run your 12 x 12 paper or cardstock through the first slot once, and
then turn the three pieces horizontal and feed them back through the
first slot.

The back slot cuts paper or cardstock from 2 to 12 inches wide exactly
in half. Just move the black tabs, together with both hands, until the
paper is centered on the center blade. For four 6 x 6 squares, run your
12 x 12 piece of paper or cardstock through the back slot once, and
then turn the two pieces horizontal and feed them back through the
back slot.

For six 4 x 6 rectangles, run your 12 x 12 paper or cardstock though
the back (center cut) slot, and then turn the three pieces horizontal
and feed them through the first slot.

The two dial-like wheels on the back of the DreamKuts DO NOT
move. They are simply there for aesthetic appeal.

Do not cut more than one piece of cardstock at a time. Thin paper can
be cut two pieces at a time. Again,. DreamKuts is not designed to cut
chipboard. To cut chipboard, the Fiskars rotary paper trimming
system works well.

If you have attempted to cut chipboard with you DreamKuts
unsuccessfully and now the center blade will no longer cut, this can
be fixed. For information, please email us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2007, 05:28 AM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

A note on the O-Wires from the main website. There's a picture of the tangled mess in the attached PDF.
Bulk Owires and Some Other Things to Consider

March 6, 2007 -Many scrapbook message boards have had its members suggesting that Bind-it-All owners should purchase Owires in bulk from other suppliers to save money. Certainly there is no secret that bulk packing of Owire bindings is less expensive. However, before you invest a large chunk of money in bulk purchases of this nature, please keep in mind that Zutter Innovative Products does not recommend using these wires for the following reasons:

1. Zutter�s wires are specially made to be 12 inches long, with 24 loops per length, to accommodate the popular scrapbooking sizes, in increments of 4�, 6�, 8�, and up to 12�. The standard wires available in bulk in the United States are 11� long, or 20 to 21 loops per length. So, instead of getting four 4-inch mini books (a four-inch book uses 6 loops) out of one length, you only get three, with a section of wire that is essentially wasted, unless you are in the habit of creating odd-sized books using two or three loops. For those of you who like math, that�s a 25 percent loss of wire.
  2. The gauge (or thickness/flexibility) of wire that is generally being sold online in bulk is thinner than what the Bind-it-All was designed for and that Zutter provides to its customers. This can result in odd-shaped O�s that look egg-shaped or have angled sections, when pressed in the Bind-it-All tool.
  3. With bulk packing, the Owires can easily get tangled up and become a nightmare. This is not an exaggeration. Once entangled, it is very time-consuming, if not impossible, to untangle the Owires without bending them out of shape. Zutter is very conscious about being user-friendly and packages their products accordingly, make sure you aren�t wasting wire or spending your precious free time untangling wire instead of creating projects.

If you have any additional questions about our wires, or the capabilities of either the Bind-it-All or DreamKuts machines, please do not hesitate to email the Zutter Zisters at [email protected].

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Owire_nep__1_.pdf (397.9 KB, 112 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2007, 11:12 PM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I was bad at the Portland convention today and got one. So far it seems to be cutting well. A vendor let me try it and that's when I fell in love with it. She told me she had been using it for two weeks and loved it so far. The handle turns super smooth and easily. I agree the instructions are well... basically non-existant. It comes with a plastic sheet that shows sizes but not much else. I find it hard to believe they would add the little wheels for asthetics but whatever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2007, 09:46 AM   #47  
Die Cut Diva

I saw it in person at the LSS yesterday. It seemed pretty darn cool but gee for $89.99 I can't imagine buying this thing. I will continue cutting paper on my existing paper cutter. I am possibly going to buy the bind-it-all tho!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2007, 10:40 PM   #48  
Pearl-ExPert

I understand I got it at the show for $82 and my final justification was it is supposed to have self sharpening blades. I then thought about how many times I've purchased blades at about $5 a pop for my fiskars and other cutters. Yes, I'll still need them for some sizes but overall it will probably be a good deal for me since I've been doing the stamping thing for about 10 years now and haven't gotten sick of it yet. Plus it will be super great for scrapbooking pages. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2007, 11:05 PM   #49  
Forum Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by needsmorestamps!
Ok, fine. So then I go to contact us and it only lists a scrapbook store and no info whatsoever for Zutter Innovative.
This would be the place to call. Angel's Scrapbook Garden!

www.angelsscrapbookgarden.com

"Mrs. Angel" runs the scrapbook store and "Mr. Angel" is THE man that developed, designed, and manufactures the BindItAll and DreamKutz. I just went to their demo this weekend and got to meet one of the "Zutter Zisters" (who did the demo). They are all local to my area. I'm sure if you call the store, they can help you out somehow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2007, 04:15 AM   #50  
Mad Swapper

I got an email back from the "company" saying that there IS supposed to be an instructional DVD that comes with the DreamKuts. I also found out that this DVD is the EXACT same one that comes with the BinditAll.

She gave me some suggestions to try to get this thing to cut even and straight and said if they didn't work to contact her back and she'd contact the corporate office to see about exchanging it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2007, 06:41 AM   #51  
Die Cut Diva

What were the suggestions she made?

I did just cut more cardstock (11 x 8.5 into 5.5 x 8.5) and had much better results. There were still a few of the sheets that weren't cut perfectly, but I had way more that were cut just right. Now that I've got the guides lined up just right, I almost don't want to move them for any other size paper! (Almost.) LOL

Thanks!

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2007, 08:53 PM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

DVD?!? I would love to have one. Is there any way we can convince the company to send us one if we didn't get one? All I have is a plastic sheet on different cutting sizes.

I played with mine last night some more and am still pleased with it. I agree that sometimes it does cut slightly crooked but overall it is way more accurate than my Fiskars for massive amounts of cardstock. Has anyone figured out the best way to make card layers yet? I'm lazy I suppose. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2007, 03:50 AM   #53  
Die Cut Diva

The DVD didn't really give much advice on how to use the Dreamkuts. Nothing up close anyhow. They stuck a 12 x 12 piece of paper in the front slot so that it cut three 4" strips. Then they put the 4" strip through the front slot again and it made three 4" square pieces. I think they cut a 12 x 12 in half in the back slot. No advice, etc., on the DVD. I mean, it was a decent example of how to use it, but nothing that you wouldn't see by doing it yourself. (Does that make sense?)

I did see that they added information to their website about what moves and what doesn't on the Dreamkuts.

http://www.binditall.com/dreamKuts.html

That's good info to know! (Now they just need to include this with the machine itself!) LOL

I do like it and it IS easy to use. I'm just used to having instructions to read. Even if they are basic. My cat seems to be pretty intrigued by the process too. (Although she likes to watch the printers, fax machine, and paper shredder work too, so I don't know if her interest can be considered a product endorsement.)

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #54  
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up

There are some tips & photos on Eclectic Paperie's blog:
Now I'm starting to get interested in it! Thanks Daisy & Joy!
By the way, Eclectic Paperie still have their coupon code in effect...it's SCS and it saves you 10%. Oh, and they are also SCSers and SCS advertisers.

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

Glad to hear some more buzz around this product. Here is a video I made showing how it works. http://www.expotv.com/index.php?opti...user&Itemid=21
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 04:06 AM   #56  
Mad Swapper

I'm still having problems :( Nothing is cut straight and even. I've been in contact with the email addy at zuttersister and they have given me a couple of basic suggestions to try to see if that helped. Since it didn't she passed my info along to corp so they could contact me. I got an email asking for my phone number but haven't heard from them yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2007, 08:51 AM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

Talking Mine is Great!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by needsmorestamps!
I'm still having problems :( Nothing is cut straight and even. I've been in contact with the email addy at zuttersister and they have given me a couple of basic suggestions to try to see if that helped. Since it didn't she passed my info along to corp so they could contact me. I got an email asking for my phone number but haven't heard from them yet.
I just got mine in & so far it is AWESOME!!! Yours must be defective. Question for you?? What size paper are you cutting?? (reason why I ask is I was getting ready to cut S.U. 12 x 12 paper (old style) and it wasn't lining up. Remember there paper was not a "TRUE" 12" x 12". So measure your paper with a ruler (just to rule that out) Also, I hold the paper in the middle (so I don't put too much pressure on one side (leading it to go in one side faster than the other) Hope yours get figured out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 02:38 PM   #58  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by needsmorestamps!View Post
I found this number on my box (949) 643-9256.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 02:41 PM   #59  
Inking Addict

I am having a little problem with mine so far and don't know if it's just mine or if they all do it. My cut in the back slot (the one with only one blade) is about 1/16th of an inch off. It is straight, just off. I am in contact with the store that I bought it from to find out if they have had others do this. I did hear of another lady here on SCS who has had the same problem. Maybe these are just defective ones? Anyone else have this same problem?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 11:23 AM   #60  
Inking Addict

Default Any updates from anyone on the DreamKuts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by needsmorestamps!View Post
I got an email back from the "company" saying that there IS supposed to be an instructional DVD that comes with the DreamKuts. I also found out that this DVD is the EXACT same one that comes with the BinditAll.

She gave me some suggestions to try to get this thing to cut even and straight and said if they didn't work to contact her back and she'd contact the corporate office to see about exchanging it.
Did you hear back from DreamKuts yet on your machine?
My machine isn't cutting exactly even. There is a 1/16 an inch difference. Anyone else? I emailed the company, but I am not liking this whole waiting game. Did needsmore stamps hear back again from the company? How is resolution going?
Does anyone have one that cuts evenly???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 03:53 PM   #61  
Mad Swapper

Are there any other tools out there like this one? Just asking since I want to make sure I am getting the one that is right for me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 05:45 PM   #62  
Polyshrink Goddess

is everyone still loving their dreamkutz? i'm seriously thinking about buying one. it looks like such a cool tool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 07:25 PM   #63  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm still loving mine. One of the best things about it is I was able to cut a ton of papers in half and then in half again so I could make quarter sheets that were perfect to use with the cuttlebug dry embossing folders. So much fun. I have to admit I'm a tool addict but this is a super cool tool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2007, 04:37 AM   #64  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverDragonessView Post
Glad to hear some more buzz around this product. Here is a video I made showing how it works. http://www.expotv.com/index.php?opti...user&Itemid=21
The link has been updated to this one.

Thanks for creating the video! It was really nice to "meet" another SCSer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 04:09 PM   #65  
Rubber Obsessor

I did a google search on google about opinions on the Dream Kutz machine and came up with thread. I have been having trouble with the back slot of my machine cutting straight. I sometimes get a "wobble" in my smaller cuts. Anything else have this happen. A 2 x 3 cut may have a bit more at the op than the bottom of that piece. Anyone else have this problem? what solutions has anyone had from the company?

I do like this machine as it does save tons of time when preping for a workshop. to make a 2 1/4 by 3 1/2 rectangle you can cut several pieces 4 1/2 x 7 and run it through the back side (just one example).

Basically, I like the machine, but want to solve the uneven cutting on the back side slot. I did watch the video someone posted here and one thing I didn't know was to close the paper side while cutting the paper in the back slot. I do have a better result when I adjust the back to be tight against both sides of the paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2008, 07:38 AM   #66  
Inking Addict

Default On sale for $69

Ohmycrafts.com has the Zutter cutter on sale for $69.00. I do have one question. I cut only 8.5 X 11 paper. I don't have any 12X12 paper or cardstock. Is this still a good purchase for me? I make greeting cards for nursing homes and this looks like it would save a ton of time. I know it will cut the 8.5 X 11 in half but I like to cut card fronts just slightly smaller that the card will it do that?

Thanks,
Nonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2008, 08:22 AM   #67  
Inking Addict

Is everyone still happy with their Zutter? Would you buy it if you had to do it over?

Nonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #68  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mynonnieView Post
I know it will cut the 8.5 X 11 in half but I like to cut card fronts just slightly smaller that the card will it do that?
Not really. It isn't really adjustable. You can cut paper in half or in thirds. If you wanted to cut paper so that you'd have 4-1/8 x 5-1/4 (so about an 1/8" smaller than the card base, you'd have to use a regular paper trimmer.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2008, 01:56 PM   #69  
Die Cut Diva

I have a question about this machine. What's the advantage of using this machine over using a rotary or blade paper cutter? If I have a paper cutter, I can cut what ever size papers I want. This machine seems to be limited to only cutting in half of what ever size paper you put into it.

The video on the Zutter website is very good if you're interested in learning how to use it. They actually show you where to put the paper in. It is much better visual demonstration.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes